Incubus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Incubus Reviews

½ February 22, 2016
Just awful. There's a glimpse of a decent if unoriginal idea for a villain here but everything is ineptly staged with terrible pacing and laughable dialogue. One of the worst horror movies I've ever seen.
½ January 1, 2016
ZZZZZZZZZ...it could have been a decent premise but the characters alternate bizarrely between terror and clinical discussion. "Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Although, you know, these clinical studies kept their subjects between two states of being." Really? Just run, you fools!
½ October 24, 2013
If Tara Reid is in it, you can expect it to be crappy.
August 22, 2013
I am sure that I will not be able to watch Tara Reid scream her bloody head off for an hour and a half. Pass.
July 6, 2013
I guess you should know what to expect when you watch a direct-to-video horror film starring Tara Reid, but this was even more mind-bogglingly awful than I expected. An almost interesting premise and creepy villain are robbed of all potential by horrible writing, worse acting, and just plain stupidity at points. Yes, your flashlight's batteries will die if you keep it on even when sitting in a lighted room. But worst of all is Reid herself who is simply not believable as the intelligent lead and who cannot muster even the the faintest trace of real emotion when spouting her lines.
July 20, 2012
Interesting story but not bad, I mean there is a lot worse than this.
June 30, 2012
Was an ok film,quite messed up actually.The part were the guys shoots himself in the head with a nailgun was gruesome.
½ April 8, 2012
OMG was that scary! I jumped at everything. It was good though now that I look back on it.
February 1, 2012
Horrible acting and story. I couldn't sit through this one either. Tara Reid couldn't save this, I don't think anyone really could.
October 16, 2011
I have seen worse but it was just so poor from the start that it seemed like even the actors wanted to give up. Some good plot ideas but just not very well put together at all or explained very well.
½ April 9, 2011
The idea of 'incubus' from where each soul eager to skip is quite original yet too simple. Tara Reid performs well, I must say. And the remaining cast just did it right..if that's possible to say.
½ March 9, 2011
Could have been ALOT worse then it really is. And low and behold, Reid actually holds her own! Feels like one of the Ghosthouse flicks.
November 1, 2010
Pretty gross and weird. lol. It was alright for a Halloween movie.
October 2, 2010
Wow, this movie is a waste of time. The plot and the situations the characters go through could have all been avoided if the characters decided not to go inside an abandoned lab; Which is funny since only one character decides not to trespass the lab itself.

Inside the lab, there's a man who's strap in chair with a bunch of cables connected to him. Supposedly, this man is able to possess anyone in the lab when they fall asleep, but it's never fully explained. Then it follows your typical slasher flick with the characters dying one by one until one survives.

Seriously, this movie is very stupid. The characters are stupid, the situations are stupid, and the plot is stupid. There is only one unintentional funny scene where one of the characters are possessed and is chasing the others. They outrun him and the character in the lead goes inside a room, locks the door and leaves the others outside. The characters are desperately trying to tell the other character to let them in, only for her to stare at them like an idiot through the door window and decide to let them in until the possessed friend gets near.

Apart from that scene, this movie is not worth watching.

Skip it.
½ April 24, 2010
There is really nothing to say but. Why was this movie even created? And why did I even watch this movie? As far as bad movies go Incubus is the worst completly pointless, horribly acted and directed with a story that had me saying "why do I care?" But you cant always expect much out of Tara Reid who gave a performance that was "Razzie" worthy. Just a horrible movie. 10%
January 1, 2010
It was better than I thought it would be
a B horror movie.
½ December 2, 2009
I like everything but Tara Reid, that ugly bitch can't act. Okay movie though.
November 2, 2009
I've watched this film twice and it's pretty good. I've seen worse. It's your typical cheesy B horror flick.
CrankyBeast