Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Reviews

August 17, 2017
Although it is very nice to see Ford back as the world's most interesting professor of Archaeology, 'The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull' lacks the heart and soul of its predecessors, with uninspired, CGI-fuelled action sequences that fail to deliver any thrills and a very forced feeling between the characters. Most of all, however, it's the complete lack of believability pervading the entire film that has the most devastating effect, with the last act really solidifying the sentiment by feeling not only totally out of place in the world of Indiana Jones, but like it belongs in a completely different dimension. As a result, the whole affair feels almost like a parody of the previous entries into the franchise and will only serve as a nostalgic reminder of just how good the original trilogy is.
½ August 13, 2017
The last installment in the series of our beloved archaeologist ends in a fiasco. The story is all over the place,trying to blend different genres together. The writers tried to change the mistakes of the past writers but they created a story that feels awkward to say the least. The cast if filled with talent and wonderful people but lets face it, Indy was not made to fight anyone else but Nazis! Contains some really memorable moments but honestly with everything I'm seeing in these movies I start thinking that Spielberg is an overrated director.
August 11, 2017
I've only started watching the Indiana Jones films recently and overall I've loved them, but when it came to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I was nervous because I've had 9 years of hearing nothing but negativity about it. Perhaps it's because I went into this movie with rock bottom expectations that I came out really enjoying it! Yes there are some silly moments but the previous three had silly moments as well! This isn't the best film in the franchise but I don't think it's the worst either, that goes to Temple of Doom. This movie is dumb, sure, but it's also hella fun! I will be revisiting it again!
August 10, 2017
Sadly, this movie is so bad and so disappointing. Despite Harrison Ford looking great for his age, this movie failed on just about every expectation that I had. I am not a hater of the idea of the crystal skulls, but the script and direction for this movie was just pure garbage. Also, the effects looked horrible too! Don't even get me started on Shia LaBitch!
August 4, 2017
A well balanced, adventurous film that continues to ride on the same Indiana Jones formula as its predecessors. All be it somewhat less. Topped off with several sweeping and terrifically epic action set pieces.
½ July 25, 2017
Wile visually imperative, It's bland, boring and a HUGE let down to the original trilogy. Stay away from this and go watch any of the first 3 indy films.
July 16, 2017
Even when he's phoning it in, Spielberg is twice as exciting as the next director, and his usual visual flair carries the movie, even as the plot escapes into the hokey. Reflective of a wider trend in Hollywood towards an extraterrestrial and big-budget kind of sci-fi-a trend, of course, kicked off by the early work of Spielberg and his co-producer, Lucas-Indy IV gives up the ghosts and ghouls and spiritualism of the original trilogy for alien technology and the nuclear era. We're somewhere new, no longer in the old world of Egypt or India, and we're as much aliens there as our crystal-skulled visitors. Gone our the ancient religious texts, displaced by the gods of CGI, and the movie suffers for it, overly stuffed with goofy moments and lazy choices. Yet, nevertheless, the ride is enjoyable, even if a little bumpy with bad props and sloppy set design.
July 13, 2017
Loved all of them. Even this one!
½ July 8, 2017
The adventure and action thrills are still present, but it lacks serious substance and the cast does not really work out all that well in the end.
July 8, 2017
storyul a fost ok in primele doua acte. cg prost din pacate in multe scene, ma scotea din scena. payofful nu a existat la final. mai multe linii erau in film ca sa puna pe harrison intr-un quotable shot. am fost foarte bucuros ca au adus-o pe marion inapoi , dar nu au facut nimic cu ea, a fost filler. practic sentimentele lor nu sunt explorate, este doar un action movie. ceea ce lasa mult de dorit.
July 6, 2017
It's the Phantom Menace all over again.
July 5, 2017
Not as good as its precedents, but still watchable. Seeing Harrison returning as Indiana Jones is always welcome.
July 4, 2017
great movie just as good as the original three people are just haters
July 3, 2017
You know I've never been a fan of these movies I just don't find them interesting
June 27, 2017
Why Aliens, an annoying kid, bad CGI, military background in Indiana Jones. Also that refrigerator in Nuke town!
June 12, 2017
Three Of My Brother Jesse's Friends Yan, Mikey And I Think Tyler Did See This At The McHenry Downtown Theater Back In 2008, My Best Female Friend Katie Rossino Saw This One Too At The McHenry Downtown Theater As Well With Her Friends, She Didn't Like It.
June 5, 2017
This is a great action movie with all the great classic indy moments that we have all grown to love. From beginning to end there is no room to breathe as you are rocketed through one action scene after another for two hours
June 4, 2017
what a master piece, just the movement of camera, music and elegant amout of talking makes this movie a universal gem. It has everything for everyone and it really delivers a great story.
½ May 31, 2017
Lacking all semblance of fun or charm from the oldies, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is weird and boring.
½ May 30, 2017