Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Reviews

November 16, 2017
The classic sounds + intentions + flare are there in this latest chapter of Indiana Jones, but the magic that kept us at the edge of our seats from the first 3 isn't + is instead replaced by the lousy cheat code of CGI we've all come to be bored of + despise since The Phantom Menace.
November 7, 2017
It's been years since I watched this movie. I last saw it in theaters when it came out in 2008, and yeah, like many I wasn't thrilled with aliens. But all the ingredients of a familiar Indiana Jones are here -- after watching it again today, this move rocks! Sure, aliens aren't exactly what many people might have wanted to see in this film, but let's be honest, it's not like Indiana Jones was made for realism. This is truly a fun movie and delivers all the thrills and entertainment you would expect from this franchise.

I can't wait for the next installment! Really hope Harrison Ford gets the crew together for one last adventure. So much fun to watch.
October 24, 2017
The dream of an Indiana Jones fourth film has been one of the best ideas since the conclusion of the third film. This is essentially Lucas hurting the once beloved franchise, like he had with terrible prequel Star Wars trilogy. We are robbed of a lot of character returns and introduced to some new ones but a villain who lacks true menace. I have heard Spielberg has Temple of Doom as the worst in the franchise but this is very bad at times. The character is provided a boring story with outlandish set pieces that feel right in the way. It feels like the current Hollywood movement to have massive amounts of cgi work thrown in your face, the other 3 films worked with characters and interesting concepts. This was a huge disappointment following the Last Crusade and with whispers of a 5th film, you can only hope it's a course correction. 22-10-2017.
½ October 23, 2017
How does one make the perfect movie; Raiders, and a few decades later make this trash? Ask Steven Spielberg....
½ October 14, 2017
Shia was terrible. But it's still Indiana jones
October 14, 2017
Looks a really good movie, if its anything like the other 3 then it will be a great movie
October 8, 2017
Aliens, why aliens?!
½ October 7, 2017
They've chosen to fascinate with the 'crystal skull', did it well, then did it more, and went one bit too far since the sci-fi turn taken by this last Indiana Jones ride doesn't fit with the spirit that made the original tetralogy so enjoyable. It's just not 'Indiana Jones', and while Harrison Ford, the thrills, the action and the fun are there (and exciting), the awful (and absurd) ending pitily spoils them. Perhaps we should switch off the TV before this strangely unwelcome scene, since without it; 'The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' is giving you just the more of the pleasant, and the more of excitement that 'Indiana Jones' made you ask for.
½ October 5, 2017
My son and I have a deal. We tell our selfs that there are only three Indiana Jones movies.
½ October 1, 2017
uh I'm not going to talk about this garbage
October 1, 2017
What the hell was this? Spielberg, Lucas, what have you done? Why there are so much CGI in this? Was this
story the right one to be told? "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" suffers from a weak script, poor set designs, and action sequences that were too flashy and poorly executed thanks to the overuse of CGI. None of the locations they film were authentic or as beautiful as the one we saw in the previous Indiana Jones flicks. This latest installment felt like it was made lazily so that people that don't have to get under the sun or be bitten by a mosquito. Authenticity was the key that makes these movies believable and fun. Not the fakeness of computer generated imaginary. Also, what's with the color palette, Mr. Color corrector? Like orange, much? Blah! Awful coloring...
September 20, 2017
Very fun film! Don't understand the hate from some? Goofy CGI moments but also some great moments. That nuclear blast fridge scene was ridiculous. But I'd give this film a 75% rating.
½ September 19, 2017
Why is it that I'm always introduced to a franchise with the worst-reviewed movie in it to date? Tomb of the Dragon Emperor introduced me to Brendan Fraser's Mummy movies, the crappy Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie/90-minute long theatrically released pilot episode and introduced me to Star Wars and I was introduced to the franchise by this movie and the Lego video games that were released around the same time. Whilst I find everyone's merciless assault on this movie to be somewhat exaggerative, I agree with a few points and not just the nuke the fridge scene which you'll be surprised to learn was borrowed from a draft of the screenplay for Back to the Future and not something they just made up for the fourth movie. Once again, as with the Star Wars prequels, George Lucas perpetuates the myth that all big-budget blockbusters released in the 21st century cannot be made without CGI. There's an action sequence that clearly had a green screen involved and the movie unnecessarily makes a groundhog CG. Cate Blanchett's Russian accent is atrocious and she feels like a villain who came out of either a cartoon or a comic book half the time. Nevertheless, I still think the film had decent qualities with the other action sequences being fun, the delight of seeing Harrison Ford return towards the land of archaeology and some humorous moments albeit not as consistent as in Last Crusade. Good news, kids, Marion Ravenwood from Raiders has returned [applause]. I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is but I still think it's the weakest one in the franchise prefering Temple of Doom over this flawed movie. You're better off sticking with the original trilogy.
½ September 8, 2017
How does this have a 77% on the Tomatometer? What is wrong with these critics? This movie is not fresh lol. It's cheesy and way too over-the-top compared to the first three. The writing in the first three movies is noticeably much better, and whole "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" thing just doesn't fit into the Indy universe like the other three do, and it doesn't have a satisfying resolution either. Just really lacks a lot of what the other movies had to offer and makes some really cheesy weird decisions.
½ September 5, 2017
A shame to the Indiana Jones legacy.
September 4, 2017
The two stars are for Harrison Ford and Karen Allen. The rest: bad.
September 2, 2017
Harrison Ford was the only reason I watched the movie.
September 1, 2017
Not bad actually, save that the movie laboriously rumbles on towards an uninspired and unmemorable finale with far too many questionable visual effects.
August 21, 2017
Three Of My Brother Jesse Krajci's Friends Yan, Mikey Boxlightner And I Think Tyler Did See This Movie At The McHenry Downtown Theater Back In 2008, My Best Female Friend Katie Rossino Saw This One Too At The McHenry Downtown Theater With Her Friends, She Didn't Like It, We Saw This Movie At The McHenry Downtown Theater With My Mom Kelli Krajci, My Brother Jesse Krajci And I Think Our Cousin Logan Schuh, I Think One Student From McHenry Middle School Saw This Movie And My Best Male Friend Zachary Tobeck Did See This Movie When It Came Out Back In 2008 At The McHenry Downtown Theater.
August 19, 2017
I have finally seen it and have mixed feelings. It just doesn't have some of the old Indy magic. The story is even more far fetched than usual and maybe it's a bit overloaded with CGI as well. Cate Blanchett's character is a bit OTT almost to the point of feeling like a comic book character. Overall still an entertaining film but not up there with the first three.