Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Reviews

½ September 19, 2017
Why is it that I'm always introduced to a franchise with the worst-reviewed movie in it to date? Tomb of the Dragon Emperor introduced me to Brendan Fraser's Mummy movies, the crappy Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie/90-minute long theatrically released pilot episode and introduced me to Star Wars and I was introduced to the franchise by this movie and the Lego video games that were released around the same time. Whilst I find everyone's merciless assault on this movie to be somewhat exaggerative, I agree with a few points and not just the nuke the fridge scene which you'll be surprised to learn was borrowed from a draft of the screenplay for Back to the Future and not something they just made up for the fourth movie. Once again, as with the Star Wars prequels, George Lucas perpetuates the myth that all big-budget blockbusters released in the 21st century cannot be made without CGI. There's an action sequence that clearly had a green screen involved and the movie unnecessarily makes a groundhog CG. Cate Blanchett's Russian accent is atrocious and she feels like a villain who came out of either a cartoon or a comic book half the time. Nevertheless, I still think the film had decent qualities with the other action sequences being fun, the delight of seeing Harrison Ford return towards the land of archaeology and some humorous moments albeit not as consistent as in Last Crusade. Good news, kids, Marion Ravenwood from Raiders has returned [applause]. I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is but I still think it's the weakest one in the franchise prefering Temple of Doom over this flawed movie. You're better off sticking with the original trilogy.
½ September 8, 2017
How does this have a 77% on the Tomatometer? What is wrong with these critics? This movie is not fresh lol. It's cheesy and way too over-the-top compared to the first three. The writing in the first three movies is noticeably much better, and whole "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" thing just doesn't fit into the Indy universe like the other three do, and it doesn't have a satisfying resolution either. Just really lacks a lot of what the other movies had to offer and makes some really cheesy weird decisions.
½ September 5, 2017
A shame to the Indiana Jones legacy.
September 4, 2017
The two stars are for Harrison Ford and Karen Allen. The rest: bad.
September 2, 2017
Harrison Ford was the only reason I watched the movie.
September 1, 2017
Very fun film! Don't understand the hate from some?
September 1, 2017
Not bad actually, save that the movie laboriously rumbles on towards an uninspired and unmemorable finale with far too many questionable visual effects.
August 21, 2017
Three Of My Brother Jesse Krajci's Friends Yan, Mikey Boxlightner And I Think Tyler Did See This Movie At The McHenry Downtown Theater Back In 2008, My Best Female Friend Katie Rossino Saw This One Too At The McHenry Downtown Theater With Her Friends, She Didn't Like It, We Saw This Movie At The McHenry Downtown Theater With My Mom Kelli Krajci, My Brother Jesse Krajci And I Think Our Cousin Logan Schuh, I Think One Student From McHenry Middle School Saw This Movie And My Best Male Friend Zachary Tobeck Did See This Movie When It Came Out Back In 2008 At The McHenry Downtown Theater.
August 19, 2017
I have finally seen it and have mixed feelings. It just doesn't have some of the old Indy magic. The story is even more far fetched than usual and maybe it's a bit overloaded with CGI as well. Cate Blanchett's character is a bit OTT almost to the point of feeling like a comic book character. Overall still an entertaining film but not up there with the first three.
August 17, 2017
Although it is very nice to see Ford back as the world's most interesting professor of Archaeology, 'The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull' lacks the heart and soul of its predecessors, with uninspired, CGI-fuelled action sequences that fail to deliver any thrills and a very forced feeling between the characters. Most of all, however, it's the complete lack of believability pervading the entire film that has the most devastating effect, with the last act really solidifying the sentiment by feeling not only totally out of place in the world of Indiana Jones, but like it belongs in a completely different dimension. As a result, the whole affair feels almost like a parody of the previous entries into the franchise and will only serve as a nostalgic reminder of just how good the original trilogy is.
½ August 13, 2017
The last installment in the series of our beloved archaeologist ends in a fiasco. The story is all over the place,trying to blend different genres together. The writers tried to change the mistakes of the past writers but they created a story that feels awkward to say the least. The cast if filled with talent and wonderful people but lets face it, Indy was not made to fight anyone else but Nazis! Contains some really memorable moments but honestly with everything I'm seeing in these movies I start thinking that Spielberg is an overrated director.
August 11, 2017
I've only started watching the Indiana Jones films recently and overall I've loved them, but when it came to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I was nervous because I've had 9 years of hearing nothing but negativity about it. Perhaps it's because I went into this movie with rock bottom expectations that I came out really enjoying it! Yes there are some silly moments but the previous three had silly moments as well! This isn't the best film in the franchise but I don't think it's the worst either, that goes to Temple of Doom. This movie is dumb, sure, but it's also hella fun! I will be revisiting it again!
August 10, 2017
Sadly, this movie is so bad and so disappointing. Despite Harrison Ford looking great for his age, this movie failed on just about every expectation that I had. I am not a hater of the idea of the crystal skulls, but the script and direction for this movie was just pure garbage. Also, the effects looked horrible too! Don't even get me started on Shia LaBitch!
August 4, 2017
A well balanced, adventurous film that continues to ride on the same Indiana Jones formula as its predecessors. All be it somewhat less. Topped off with several sweeping and terrifically epic action set pieces.
½ July 25, 2017
Wile visually imperative, It's bland, boring and a HUGE let down to the original trilogy. Stay away from this and go watch any of the first 3 indy films.
July 16, 2017
Even when he's phoning it in, Spielberg is twice as exciting as the next director, and his usual visual flair carries the movie, even as the plot escapes into the hokey. Reflective of a wider trend in Hollywood towards an extraterrestrial and big-budget kind of sci-fi-a trend, of course, kicked off by the early work of Spielberg and his co-producer, Lucas-Indy IV gives up the ghosts and ghouls and spiritualism of the original trilogy for alien technology and the nuclear era. We're somewhere new, no longer in the old world of Egypt or India, and we're as much aliens there as our crystal-skulled visitors. Gone our the ancient religious texts, displaced by the gods of CGI, and the movie suffers for it, overly stuffed with goofy moments and lazy choices. Yet, nevertheless, the ride is enjoyable, even if a little bumpy with bad props and sloppy set design.
July 13, 2017
Loved all of them. Even this one!
½ July 8, 2017
The adventure and action thrills are still present, but it lacks serious substance and the cast does not really work out all that well in the end.
July 8, 2017
storyul a fost ok in primele doua acte. cg prost din pacate in multe scene, ma scotea din scena. payofful nu a existat la final. mai multe linii erau in film ca sa puna pe harrison intr-un quotable shot. am fost foarte bucuros ca au adus-o pe marion inapoi , dar nu au facut nimic cu ea, a fost filler. practic sentimentele lor nu sunt explorate, este doar un action movie. ceea ce lasa mult de dorit.
July 6, 2017
It's the Phantom Menace all over again.