Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Reviews

October 21, 2016
Compared to the other Indiana Jones films this was the super weak one! Weak action scenes, weak acting, weak plot, weak story and super weak special effects. Those who gave an 80% or better should really be ashamed! I tried watching again right now for 1/3 of the movie and bad! Come on, wake up movie goers and know a good film when one comes around! Not this one! Clearly.
October 9, 2016
A children's movie with horribly unfunny attempts at cheap slapstick humor. The "dumb blonde" female lead ruins nearly every shot she's in.
October 8, 2016
Steven Spielberg masterfully crafts a prequel that retains the technical prowess, the sly humour and the action of the first one.
October 3, 2016
By far my favorite of the Indiana Jones films. It holds my interest from beginning to end. I love the humor. I love the scares. And the action, unlike a lot of movie action, I find genuinely thrilling. Oh, and Harrison Ford is so cool. And Kate Capshaw is attractive. And Short Round is a classic movie icon character all his own.
September 18, 2016
A great movie, kind of weird in places but definitely a classic Harrison Ford movie
September 16, 2016
Shockingly darker, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom handles its action sequences based on slightly less convenience than the first one, which makes them better. The entertainment runs its course fast, though, as the sequences are dragged out. Ford does a better acting job, which is good because the other two are horrifically annoying, especially the blatantly sexist role of Willie. Spielberg also starts the stakes high, forcing him to raise the stakes to absurd amounts.
Maybe the third time's a charm.
September 14, 2016
Many times better than the first and entertaining + funny all movie
September 10, 2016
Temple of Doom is for those hoping for adventure! Dark and thrilling action spectacle!
September 5, 2016
Just....what the fuck?
September 5, 2016
Boasting the impressive sequences that makes Raiders so great, Temple of Doom is another adventurous thrill ride thanks to Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford, even when it contains a much weaker plot and parts that slow the movie down for too long, as well as an extremely annoying female character.
½ August 29, 2016
Notably a step backwards for the beloved franchise from the gem that was Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom still doesn't fail to entertain the audience, even with its slightly darker setting. However, while it does have its moments, you can't help but think - now - it is certainly the weakest in the series.
Verdict: B
½ August 14, 2016
A great sequel that's really a prequel that despite it's entertainment value suffers slightly from a lot of Kate Kapshaws screaming and two or three moments that affect your suspension of disbelief. It feels about 10 minutes too long but on the whole a very good movie.
July 30, 2016
Great Movie, but did anyone else notice that they lifted a lot from James Bond's Octopussy which came out the year before?
½ July 25, 2016
Even though it's my least favorite Indy film I enjoyed it even though the plot was a little silly aswell, But the action nearly makes up for it.
½ July 23, 2016
While the darker tone is welcome, Temple of Doom's character development and humor is intensely subpar.
July 23, 2016
With two annoying leads, this movie is only saved with the opening, some action bits, and Harrison Ford being as entertaining as usual.
July 5, 2016
I love watching people getting their hearts ripped out.
½ July 2, 2016
Temple of Doom is far cheesier than the original start to the series. There is an awkward seduction sequence, the inflatable boat, and more are distracting, but Ford is just as good and Short Round is a fun sidekick.
½ June 26, 2016
With pitch-black humor and devilish imagery, Temple of Doom is a fun and finely crafted sequel, even if the new characters aren't as memorable as in the first film.

V: 74%