Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Reviews

½ December 7, 2016
Indiana Jones' worst movie is still a delight.
November 28, 2016
This movie is heavily flawed and a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, but it's still a fun ride, although a bit too dark at times.
November 28, 2016
Dark and unsettling yet bold and intelligent, Indy 2 is effectively a horror film that put me off the whole franchise when I was younger, but to be honest, I'm glad I came back to it... Willie is still fucking annoying though.

B+
November 27, 2016
The greatest adventure movie ever. This fact that this movie has gotten rotten reviews, is proof of how degenerate movie culture is today.
November 26, 2016
This movie is the best in the Indiana Jones series! It was also very funny. It had a great story too.
November 19, 2016
This is my favourite action movie ever put on screen, from the first fight scene, to the chilled monkey brains, to the last four action scenes this movie is phenomenal.
½ November 18, 2016
Dark, maybe too dark, and the structure may seem off to some, but The Temple of Doom is a great continuation of Indiana Jones that brings him to a darker place than ever before.
November 5, 2016
The Temple of Doom is entertaining enough to keep audiences interested, but it's violence, dark themes and out of place story make it feel like something that is not Indiana Jones.
October 31, 2016
My favourite Dr Jones film really enjoyed it. Bit silly but a lot of fun
October 24, 2016
This film used to scare me as a kid. Raiders of the Lost Ark also had some spooky bits with the mysterious ark's deadly powers, but Temple of Doom ups the fear factor and it also ups the violence. This adventure takes Indiana Jones to India in one of my favourite settings of the series. Sure it's awesome to see Indiana Jones find treasure in the desert and fighting Nazis, but I love seeing Indy in the jungle. Many people have grievances with Willie Scott (the obnoxiously loud love interest) Short-Round (The Jar-Jar of the film according to some) and some other cheesy moments like the out of place opening dance number and the impossible escape from a pilotless plane with a river raft. But honestly, those don't bother me because the rest of the film is an epic adventure. I still give the notch to Raiders but I can still say that I love Temple of Doom.
October 21, 2016
Compared to the other Indiana Jones films this was the super weak one! Weak action scenes, weak acting, weak plot, weak story and super weak special effects. Those who gave an 80% or better should really be ashamed! I tried watching again right now for 1/3 of the movie and wow...so bad! Come on, wake up movie goers and know a good film when one comes around! Not this one! Clearly.
October 9, 2016
A children's movie with horribly unfunny attempts at cheap slapstick humor. The "dumb blonde" female lead ruins nearly every shot she's in.
October 8, 2016
Steven Spielberg masterfully crafts a prequel that retains the technical prowess, the sly humour and the action of the first one.
October 3, 2016
By far my favorite of the Indiana Jones films. It holds my interest from beginning to end. I love the humor. I love the scares. And the action, unlike a lot of movie action, I find genuinely thrilling. Oh, and Harrison Ford is so cool. And Kate Capshaw is attractive. And Short Round is a classic movie icon character all his own.
September 18, 2016
A great movie, kind of weird in places but definitely a classic Harrison Ford movie
September 16, 2016
Shockingly darker, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom handles its action sequences based on slightly less convenience than the first one, which makes them better. The entertainment runs its course fast, though, as the sequences are dragged out. Ford does a better acting job, which is good because the other two are horrifically annoying, especially the blatantly sexist role of Willie. Spielberg also starts the stakes high, forcing him to raise the stakes to absurd amounts.
Maybe the third time's a charm.
September 14, 2016
Many times better than the first and entertaining + funny all movie
September 10, 2016
Temple of Doom is for those hoping for adventure! Dark and thrilling action spectacle!
September 5, 2016
Just....what the fuck?
September 5, 2016
Boasting the impressive sequences that makes Raiders so great, Temple of Doom is another adventurous thrill ride thanks to Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford, even when it contains a much weaker plot and parts that slow the movie down for too long, as well as an extremely annoying female character.