Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Reviews

• 4d ago

Rispetto al primo capitolo funziona di meno l'accoppiata di protagonisti; anche la location è meno intrigante. L'ultima mezz'ora invece è un crescendo di emozioni con ottime scene di azione.

• Sep 07, 2020

Not my favorite Indie movie but entertaining and Spielberg met his future love so it is a win.

• Sep 05, 2020

I watched this film a few times, and I couldn't really get into it, but I thought this film was still okay at best. It's not one of the worst films I've ever seen though.

• Sep 03, 2020

I dont know why people dont like this movie. I like Temple. I think its really good. Harrison Ford is good in the movie, Kate Capshaw is ok, and Jonathan Ke Quan is good as well. The score is great, and it is a different type of Indiana Jones movie.

• Aug 31, 2020

I guess I am 36 years late on this one. It was fine and entertaining, but is a bit too campy for my current tastes. Also, Kate Capshaw's character was awful.

• Aug 22, 2020

I like the whole twist of the Indiana jones movies making it fresh and extremely enjoyable to watch. The action is fabulous too.

• Aug 22, 2020

It's fun but the voodoo nonsense keeps it from becoming a classic!

It's fun but the voodoo nonsense keeps it from becoming a classic!

• Aug 21, 2020

I loved the original Indiana Jones, but I found myself disliking this film. Temple of Doom felt more like a badly written parody than a true successor of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom ride the successes of the first film and try to take it a step further. What is left is a watered-down version with one-dimensional characters and problematic stereotypes. Temple of Doom follows a simple rescue-artifact plot that grows to a larger, sinister plot. There are secret tunnels, evil cults, and a mineshaft cart ride. This is a darker version of the original yet the tone feels confused. One tradeoff I felt uncomfortable with is Karen Allen's replacement with Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott. We move from a strong female co-actor to a character who's role is scream-and-be-saved by Jones. I found myself more annoyed by Willie Scott more than enjoying her as a character. She stays one-dimensional throughout the whole film with no real character development. Short Round (Jonathan Ke Quan) serves as the comic relief. Though Jonathan Ke Quan does a stellar job, I found that the comedy in this film feels a bit forced. The comedy in the previous film was more subtle and natural than the Temple of Doom. And those stereotypes. Chinese characters (except Short Round) were painted in "yellow" racism with exaggerated features. The way India was portrayed in this film felt uneducated and stereotypical. Though it's not the fault of the Sri Lankans, I felt this is more of a cinematic sin on Lucas&Spielberg's behalf. They mixed up Indian gods, shows off-color representations of Indian cuisine among other things. TOD politically incorrect and culturally insensitive by today's standards. One redeeming quality of this film is the cultural impact some scenes had in popular media. The mineshaft chase sequence comes to mind. The fact that many people after this copied this sequence in video games and film shows a bit of the creative genius that Lucas&Spielberg had. It's iconic and copied time and time again. Yet, that's not nearly enough to save this film. 1.5/5. Missing a ton of things that made the original so great. Felt soulless by comparison.

• Aug 18, 2020

This is one of the best if not the best movies OF ALL TIME! That's right ALL TIME! I know what your thinking [What about Last Crusade.] I think Last Crusade is overrated. I do! I totally think that . But we are going a bit off topic here so all I'm gonna say is if you see this movie it will be such a pleasure to watch.

• Aug 17, 2020

Decent watch, might watch again, and can only recommend for people who are already big Indiana Jones fans. This is a much cheaper movie than it's prequel, not in budget, but in writing and characters. With the trade out in female co-leads, Willie is an annoying if not irritating character and the movie might actually be improved if you just edited her out of the movie. Short-Round is fun, but not to any degree to go as far as saving the movie. The atmosphere of the movie is darker than it is funny where it matters. I'm not saying it's a bad movie by any means, but I'm not a big Indiana Jones fan and this is definitely the worst of the 4 movies.