Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Reviews

• Aug 13, 2019

If you were expecting just a different version of Raiders of the Lost Ark then you're watching the wrong movie. It's a darker take on the adventures of Indiana Jones and really it doesn't bring down the still great storytelling. Ford is still as charismatic as ever and due to the Crystal Skull this is no longer "the worst Indiana Jones Movie."

• Jul 31, 2019

I thought this was better than the ratings it got, but certainly inferior to Raiders. The only problem I had with it was Indy selling artifacts like a mercenary --this is out of character, but then the story was written by folks who had nothing to do with what came before or after it, and they didn't care about that.

• Jul 22, 2019

A little darker take on Indiana Jones. Some things are very well done.

A little darker take on Indiana Jones. Some things are very well done.

• Jul 22, 2019

Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom is another fun, fast paced adventure that features another great performance from Harrison Ford and full of great stunts, set pieces, and horrifying imagery, as well as having some absolutely outstanding and exciting action scenes, but unfortunately doesnt come close to matching the predecessor due to terribly offensive caricatures in both Asians and women, the latter being almost intolerable at times, and the bigger budget getting in the way of the narrative, making this an enjoyably darker adventure for Indy, but a less enthralling one all the same.

• Jul 20, 2019

I love Temple Of Doom. This is definitely the most Unique of the franchise. I love how instead of a quest for holy relics and power this is simply Indiana Jones and Company are trapped in a dungeon inhabited by child beat human sacrificing devil worshipers and It's Indy's desperate attempt to escape with his life. The action was brutal. The Villain is easily the most evil of the franchise and it's great to see Indy finally come to blows with the main antagonist. I love Temple Of Doom.

• Jul 19, 2019

Temple of Doom may be disgusting in parts and has one very annoying character but it still has great action and a heart warming father son dynamic between Indi and Short Round.

• Jul 15, 2019

They built a lot of sets for this movie and it sure looks like it when watching. Where was Denholm Elliott?

• Jul 13, 2019

Most people seem to categorize this as the worst movie of the series, but I have to disagree. As a child, I always regarded it as the best of the series. Raiders of the Lost Ark is a classic, but there was something about the characters and comical bits that made this particular movie stand out from others in the series.

• Jul 10, 2019

And thus, the PG-13 rating was born. Thanks, Spielberg.

And thus, the PG-13 rating was born. Thanks, Spielberg.

• Jul 04, 2019

Very adventurous and entertaining.

Very adventurous and entertaining.