Indie Game: The Movie Reviews

• Mar 19, 2019

One of the main keys of this documentary is the use of the interview technique. The game developer is free to express their emotions and feelings. As if, they had found a new container and it was just right to vent all their feelings they had gotten. Indie Game: The Movie managed to deliver a pleasant viewing experience for both gamers and non-gamers. Through this series of stories, there are joys and sorrows. This film also provides very meaningful information besides it's about video games. In essence, making work is not easy. It also requires a lot of time especially for those who are independent. This film changes the minds of some people who are still stuck in one perspective.

• Nov 01, 2018

In the way the film treats its subjects it can be accused of being too heavy-handed in the 'games as art' discussion. A sweet film that can appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike - it feels like a wonderful celebration of the artistic process as much as it does fan service for videogame hobbyists.

• Jan 18, 2018

Whether you are a gamer or not, this is a very inspiring movie! I recommend this one!

• Oct 09, 2017

A film for game geeks everywhere

A film for game geeks everywhere

• May 06, 2017

Doc about a bunch of (pretty dysfunctional) indie game developers who somehow manage to get their shit together and create fascinating games.

• Apr 11, 2017

An insightful look into the 'make it or break it' nature of Indie Games. How a minuscule group of developers with no massive company funding them go on to market and publish their game from nothing.

• Jan 29, 2017

A deeply personal film that simultaneously works as a highly enjoyable documentary. Grade: B+

• Oct 22, 2016

This wonderfully shot documentary sheds light on the struggles that indie developers go through, and the emotional anguish isn't too different from that of AAA developers. If you enjoy video games in any way, you'll find some enjoyment here, and possibly gain a newfound respect towards the creative minds who make the medium as wonderful as it is.

• Oct 16, 2016

Very good documentary. I love video games, so I was very interested coming in to the movie. It was very real and it added depth to games that I never even thought about.

• Aug 07, 2016

Excellent documentary about indie game developers. I have watched this several times and it holds up every time.