Inequality For All - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inequality For All Reviews

October 1, 2016
What a fascinating movie about today and how we got here!
August 12, 2016
Robert Reich is really inspirational. He knows about the truth of economical failure and how to cure the failure more than anyone but couldn't enact change, even as a former treasurers. But the guy doesn't lose faith. He relays the message on and inspires the future generations to come. Main takeaway 1) wealth accumulation is problematic because the wealthy could not spend as much as 1000 middle class who own the same amount of wealth, e.g. you can only sleep on one pillow every night. 2) the media is distorting the truth so oftenly, Warren Buffett is socialist? Obama is socialist? because they want to tax more on the 1% who pays less tax then you and me? Mit Romney pay 13.9% and I pay 30%. 3) Reich stood up and says " do I look like big government? 4) strongly recommend watching "5 to 9" as a preview activity.
½ May 16, 2016
interesting economic doc
March 25, 2016
I rarely watch a documentary more than once, but this is one of the best I've ever seen. Robert Reich displays with his characteristic clarity why income inequality is not only dangerous for the poor and middle class but a death knell to the entire U.S. economy. A must-see for every American.
October 26, 2015
Well done documentary and a must see.
½ August 28, 2015
2 major and simplified all-encompassing quotes that not only sum up the movie (but please still watch it b/c there are a lot of quotable and teachable moments and wonderful illustration the complexities really well), but also sum up my own personal philosophy and my stance on every political statement I've ever made or had...

1st a quote from a 1% -
Nick Hanauer:
"Sometimes we think that this is a debate over facts and figures and data... I think if you believe that you're fooling yourself a little bit. When somebody calls themselves a "job creator" they're NOT describing the economy or how the economy works. Although, that's what it sounds like. What they're really doing is making a claim on status, privileges, and power. If a guy like me is a "job creator" at the center of the economic universe, the current economic arrangements are righteous and justified. -- But of course rich business guys like me are NOT "job creators" it's actually our customers that are the job creators. We are not the center of the economic universe. They are (middle class). We need to replace trickle down economics with middle out economics, and indeed every place you look on earth where you FIND prosperity you find massive investments in the middle class and poor. Because at the end of the day, they are the true "job creators." The most pro-business thing you can do is help middle class people thrive."

And the main star's quote that resonates, by Robert Reichs:
"Remember - we looked at the dynamics of wealth and poverty and many of you, MANY of you were a little bit down after that. And some of you worried that dynamic was inevitable. Is this going to be just a partisan fight? Are we just going to have class warfare in this country? NOOOOOOOO! The rich actually do better with an economy that is growing faster, when everybody else is doing better. This is NOT a zero sum game."
August 27, 2015
A good movie on economics and politics.
August 22, 2015
To all my concervative, republican or undecided voters. Please watch this movie. It is not about partisan propoganda, just truth. I hope it helps your objectivity.
August 14, 2015
A must see. While not necessarily political, it leans to one side simply because the solutions to our economic problems lean to a particular side. That's all.
August 8, 2015
Very enlightening film. I recommend it for anyone who wants answers about the economic and political direction this country has taken.
August 7, 2015
This hugely important movie should be seen by any thinking human, and multiple times.
August 5, 2015
This humorous and colloquial explanation from a scholar on an important issue is much appreciated.
July 24, 2015
This is a brilliant movie. I have watched it three times - there's a lot to absorb - but it's remarkable to see the patterns in wealth inequality and to hear that wealthy CEO actually admit that he's not a "job creator." I love this movie and frequently recommend it.
July 14, 2015
Everyone should watch this. Maybe not a five star movie, but a five-star message.
July 3, 2015
Important documentary.
June 21, 2015
Educational. Timely. Insightful. Highly Recommended.
½ May 23, 2015
Insightful view into the real world reality of the socio-economical forces that affect us all. I highly recommend this documentary..
April 12, 2015
There is nothing wrong with some inequality and Reich freely admits this. The problem is the degree of inequality. His thesis, which is actually sensible and should not be that controversial, is that our current inequality is approaching the level of the 1920's right before the big crash and that we are headed towards another crash. He describes how inequality happens and how it ruins the economy. This movie is also a wonderful portrait of an amazing guy who just happens to be brilliant but is, more importantly, also decent and compassionate.
½ March 20, 2015
Not the slickest documentary, but a good deal of information about the economic struggles of the middle class and how important they are to the overall health of the economic system. Quite interesting that the film features very wealthy men acknowledging that the system benefits them too much. A strange tension of despair and hope in the film and its 'host' Reich.
March 12, 2015
1 sided docs aren't always my favorite, but Reich is one man that knows what he's talking about.
Denying the wage gap between the Top billionaires & the rest of us is like denying climate change.