Infamous Reviews

Page 1 of 3
April 23, 2009
Only Sandra Bullock shines as Harper Lee.
December 29, 2007
Una aproximación más bien superficial y declamatoria a Truman Capote y su investigación previa a A Sangre Fría. En comparación, la versión de 2005 sale mucho mejor parada.
June 2, 2007
To recreate the gossipy Manhattan arena that Capote navigated with such ease and documented with such malice, you need dialogue that rings like scatter-shot and the film's script, written by its director Douglas McGrath, doesn't have it.
June 1, 2007
Revela-se não somente desonesto, como decepcionantemente repulsivo.
March 15, 2007
The triad of performances by Toby Jones, Sandra Bullock and Daniel Craig keep it on its feet, but after a certain point it's stumbling aimlessly.
February 21, 2007
Suffers from the recent and lingering memory of the superior Capote.
November 20, 2006
Pity the poor filmmaker who gets there second.
November 3, 2006
Why did they go ahead anyway? Did they believe that an immense Capote audience was hungering for two films about him?
October 30, 2006
All that was painted grey in Capote becomes black-and-white here.
October 28, 2006
"Infamous"' powerhouse casting doesn't add much, since most of the big names -- Sigourney Weaver, Gwyneth Paltrow, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Juliet Stevenson, and director Peter Bogdanovich -- serve as little more than window dressing.
October 26, 2006
The film is as strangely unfocused as its title is. Several of the artistic decisions weaken the film. A good performance by Daniel Craig is perhaps the film's major asset.
October 17, 2006
As ambitious as it is, Infamous falters in execution too often to create a lasting impression.
October 13, 2006
In the most serious scenes..., Jones' mincing mannerisms are a distraction.
October 13, 2006
No matter how noble the competitor, coming in second in a contest always feels like a lesser effort.
October 13, 2006
If Woody Allen is right and 90 percent of life is showing up, then the other 10 percent is showing up on time. Which brings us to the badly timed Infamous.
October 13, 2006
Infamous covers just enough new ground to be interesting, but it will always suffer by comparison.
October 13, 2006
Even judged on its own, though, McGrath's movie feels slightly misjudged.
October 13, 2006
It's a movie that deserves to be considered not just in comparison to the excellent "Capote," but on its own merits, which are substantial.
October 13, 2006
Unlike its coolly detached brother, Infamous is right in your face, as amusing in flashes, and annoying for stretches, as any shallow little tyke.
October 13, 2006
In the end, Infamous turns out to be the third-best movie built around the murders of the Clutter family of Holcomb, Kan., in 1959.
Page 1 of 3