Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

Page 2 of 2089
½ January 3, 2013
Soporific, repulsive, deliberately offensive and dumb beyond belief.
November 28, 2015
YES! My favorite Quentin Tarantino movie and I do love them all but this is the best! Wow. I have watched this time and time again
½ December 20, 2009
Compared to Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vol. 1, this movie was a steam pile of c**p. So boring, poorly written, edited, and directed. I can't see why this got rated so highly. I am glad I did not pay to see this.
January 24, 2010
Just plain stupid fun. Christopher Waltz shines in this so much and the whole thing is just sweetened to death with action and espionage. The dialogue is fun to listen to (and to read, considering the subtitles). And in the end of it all, u will more than likely walk away happy.
November 11, 2015
I donīt know why I donīt like much tarantino movies :(
November 8, 2015
Classic Tarantino material. Waltz is in his prime here.
½ November 7, 2015
Quentin Tarantino first interaction with big budget movie is a home run. As usual, we were introduced to a great plot, exceptional characters, and the movie was funnier than I thought. The performances, especially Christoph Waltz's and Brad Pitt's. were top notch. It's a beautiful, wildly entertaining film.
November 5, 2015
A delightful romp filled with world class performances.
November 2, 2015
Great, fun movie, though sometimes it feels heavy on characters and subplots. I honestly got the same 2 characters mixed up 3 times during my first viewing. Despite this, it is definitely worth a watch just to see one of the best villains ever in a movie (imo).
June 16, 2013
Highly entertaining and violent as unsurprisingly expected, Inglorious Basterds is one great thrill ride thanks to the incendiary performances of Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt, along with the fiery filmmaking talent of Quentin Tarantino.
July 12, 2014
With Inglourious Basterds, Tarantino has successfully tricked American audiences into watching a foreign film.
½ October 25, 2015
Boring, cliche, well researched but without any uniqueness
½ October 24, 2015
The Anti-Kill Bill. Actors smugly walking around patting themselves on the back for 2.5 hours because they know the Academy will like them (and all this even without smarmy George Clooney?) Congrats Christoph Waltz you played a Nazi well. And trilingual? Felicitations! We Americans salute your genius at knowing languages other than English (unless you count American women swooning at British accents, no matter how Cockney, because they're "sexy"). Nothing special here.
October 17, 2015
The entire cast execute their roles perfectly, especially Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt and Eli Roth, and a small appearance by Michael Fassbender, this film truly is glorious.
August 25, 2009
The kind of film you want to watch several times just so you can savor all of the parts.
½ August 26, 2015
this film exemplifies the phrase "the sum of its parts are greater than the whole"
January 8, 2012
One of Tarantino's best films due its plot, humor, stylistic dialogue scenes, and great performance from Christoph Waltz.
May 4, 2009
Fuck yeah my type of movie
September 27, 2015
Tight, tense and thrilling, in my opinion it's Tarantino's best.
Bradley T. Johnson
½ September 21, 2015
Well-crafted, but in typical Tarantino fashion, distancing, and un-relatable. No characters to root for or against and nothing to embrace. Rating: 53
Page 2 of 2089