Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

½ December 14, 2017
En este filme nos presentan a Una chica judia-francesa la cual es obligada a emitir un estreno nazi en su cine al cual irá el mismísimo Adolf Hitler.
Por otra parte un grupo de soldados estadounidenses llamados los bastardos están planeando un ataque a esa función liderados por Aldo Raine un capitan obsecionado con asesinar nazis.
Y realmente la película me encantó tiene un poco de todo comedia, acción hasta gore, normalmente cuando una película es Multigenero no saben muy bien como desarrollarla, pero Tarantino tiene una narrativa única, algo que no se ve en muchos directores actuales.
Y siempre las películas de Tarantino comienzan con un monólogo que te dejan muy reflexivo, en este caso el monólogo es de Hans Landa
Quien explica cómo rastrear judíos de una forma que otros nazis no pueden
December 12, 2017
Inglourious Basterds: Tarintino swiftly blends crackiling epigrammatic dialouge, audacious oversight, peculiarity direction and swift genre blending ideas into this masterful deconstruction of the war genre into a seamless blissful whole.
Tyler H.
½ November 24, 2017
The movie is a bloody and brutal movie but for me had no satisfaction in its climax which I felt wasted my time.
November 21, 2017
Good movie! I see why it won so many awards.
½ November 20, 2017
Inglorious Basterds is a movie that if you love war movies you should definitely watch. The movie contains great acting by Christolph Waltz who won an outstanding number of awards for his role as Hans Landa and it's expertly written and directed by Quintin Tarantino! Overall it's a good movie to watch and is one of Tarantino's best!
November 12, 2017
Nov. 11 2017, with HZ.
November 6, 2017
A waste of 2:30. No real plot, just some blood and gore revenge.
½ November 6, 2017
Quentin Tarantino delivers a bloody, darkly hilarious, and utterly violent "what-if"-WWII story boasting a strong cast of characters, and gracing cinema with one of the greatest on-screen villains of our time. Simply put, this is Tarantino's masterpiece.

4.5/5 stars
November 2, 2017
Quentin Tarantino, you are my hero! Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz both nailed it as the Jewish soldier and Nazi leader. Also, the fiery screening at the end was awesome! Also, (spoiler alert) I love the part when Brad Pitt carves a cross on Waltz's head at the end! I gotta say, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.
November 2, 2017
Well-casted and excellently scripted. Lt. Aldo Raine is a true American hero.
½ November 1, 2017
Inglorious Basterds is one of Tarantino's finest films. Its about American absolutely kicking the expletive out of Nazis, and who doesn't want to see that. And then there is Christoph Waltz, who gives a breath taking performance as the evil Colonel Hans Landal.
October 18, 2017
Historically incorrect, but entertaining as hell. Tarantino kicks ass once again.
October 9, 2017
Sami Mati A Glorious review
Film: Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds catches your attention right from the beginning just from its title and unique spelling, adding a Tarantino touch to make it stand out from other war films. However, this isn't your typical war film, rather a movie that has literally every genre, ranging from drama and sadness from one scene to humor and action to the next. Inglourious Basterds is set in World War 2 in Nazi-occupied France. The movie right away shies from history and creates their own fictional storyline. The film also doesn't take the traditional "one-story" plot, rather it contains several different storylines with the characters coming from different backgrounds but possessing similar goals. The main characters are an American soldier, A Nazi, and a Jewish girl. They all cross roads to meet the same desirable goal at the end, though they get to their destination in different ways. Brad Pitt stars as the soldier, a stereotypical loud-mouth yank who does before he thinks, with Christoph Waltz starring as the Nazi detective, who is very calculative and has a very large eye for detail. Perhaps the most important character is Shoshanna, a Jewish girl who lives in France with falsified documents after witnessing the massacre of her family. Her hate for the Nazis grow deeper as the years pass by, but she has no choice but to blend in. Tarantino excels in putting all of these vastly complicated and unique characters together to maintain a plot that in a way fits all of their natures, with no main character getting the spotlight for too long. Since the film is well over two hours long, it is divided into five chapters. Each chapter focuses on a specific event or issue, which helps the viewer not get lost in the plot. I enjoyed that English was only one of the languages spoken in the film, with German, French, and even Italian being included into the mix. This seeks the viewer further into the World War two setting. The film starts off quite slow in the beginning, with more dialogue than action, but the aftermath of the 2nd chapter is what truly builds up the tension and makes this film memorable. I also enjoyed that the film didn't really depict anyone as the "good guy", showing how the protagonists were also like the antagonists in an ironic twist. The antagonist also doesn't share the traditional "bad guy" vibe we see from almost every other movie. Inglourious Basterds is like nothing I've ever seen before. It would seem realistic to every film viewer, including myself, that it's impossible to have a movie that has romance, thrills, dialogue, comedy, tragedy, and action packed into a two hour plot, while also breaking away from a traditional storyline and shed new views on the characters each time you watch it. Inglourious Basterds defies all of these odds to become one of Tarantino's masterpieces only next to Pulp Fiction. The film deserves a "fresh" review with a fair rating of 8.5/10. I would have rated it higher if the film's speed wasn't quite slow in the first half, but it succeeds in sending its message to the viewers. It's a film with stars in its cast, but the actors and actresses that nobody's quite familiar with become just as memorable with their astounding performances.
½ October 4, 2017
Did the writers get hit in the head with a bat? So many things wrong with this movie. Cliché and unoriginal BS stereotype that all "Nadzees" are automatically evil non-humans who deserve whatever comes to them, and that all Jews are automatically superior saints who can do no wrong. This movie is nothing more than propaganda to justify the inhumane treatment of, and genocide of, the Germans - by dehumanizing them like any effective hate propaganda does to those it deems the "enemy". As someone who detests senseless violence, gore and death, I found this movie not even worth the lowest one gold star rating. If brutality against Germans can be laughed at, it's hypocritical to be offended at laughing at violence waged upon other groups.

It's not all fiction. This movie does have an element of truth to it - the brutality and inhumane treatment of "evil Nadzees" by Jewish supremacist fanatics, and others.* For context: Since the 1800s, within Jewish supremacist circles, the idea of eradicating all Germans (and
whites along with Western civilization and Christianity in general) can be found in various quotes from the early Zionist and Communist movement leaders (Moses Hess, Karl Marx, Frederick Engels, etc). As a result, this sentiment grew so much that the Daily Express from March 24, 1934 featured the headline, "Judea declares War on Germany". This hatred of Germans and whites in general did not begin due to WW2, but still today we are told to view these groups in a negative light, through movies like this.

*In particular, part of this movie may be based off of the actions of a Jewish supremacist group called Nakam. After WW2, not being satisfied with the already-high number of deaths from the War, Abba Kovner wanted more Germans dead. To accomplish this, his Nakam terrorist group went and abducted random Europeans and drove them out to a forest, where they then shot the innocent Europeans. Another genocidal act was when Abba Kovner's Nakam domestic terrorist group members broke into the concentration camp where German POWs were being held, and coated the bread with arsenic to kill the German POW inmates (called "Plan B"). This was after the failed attempt to poison the water supply to kill German civilians in cities such as Hamburg and Munich ("Plan A"). Also, Jewish partisan gangs roamed around post-WW2 occupied Germany, seizing and occupying the homes of German refugees.

In addition to all this, Churchill ordered the expulsion of 15 million Germans from their land, causing 3 million of them to die. From 1939-1945, nearly 7 million German POWs were sent to Soviet gulags, most of them to never return, and anyone fighting the Soviets (including Russians) were deemed "Nazi collaborators" were also sentenced to mutilation, rape, torture and death. Also, Eisenhower's camps held 1.7 million Germans who were not fed, not given shelter, were tortured, maimed and murdered at will by the Allied guards. If that wasn't enough to satisfy the sadistic psychopaths who hold a genocidal anti-German rage, after WW2, the Soviets invaded Germany and occupied the eastern half of the country. The brutal rape and murder of 2 million German women and girls took place by mainly Jewish and oriental Soviet units, causing many other German women and their children to commit suicide to avoid that same fate. Why weren't all these events accounted for in the movie? Why was the German male made out to be some evil nonhuman worthy of the most horrific torture, when the average German had no part in war crimes?

At the end of WW2, Eisenhower said of the Germans, "It's a pity we could not we have killed more". The war crimes committed by Jewish supremacists, the Allied leaders and the Soviets should have been acknowledged in this movie, to make it more accurate with reality, and reduce the glaringly-obvious bias of the movie. The Dresden terror bombings were another example of war crimes perpetrated against the German civilians, which scorched a non-military/civilian city, killing countless men, women and children. Incorporating these facts into the movie would impart a more rounded perspective to the viewers, even in a fictionalized genre. Or is the goal to leave the viewers with an ignorant and highly-skewed perspective of history, along with a supposedly- justified hatred for Germans?

But some more things don't add up. Knowing what we know now: Why was there no mention of the horrors that the Communists/Bolsheviks committed against millions of innocent civilians, under the direction of certain leaders who just happened to be Jewish, in East European countries? For example, all the death and suffering caused by Communists in places like the (then) USSR, Ukraine (esp. Holodomor which killed 8 million people), Katyn Forest Massacre, etc.? Why did Quentin Tarantino not make a similar-themed revenge movie, with the antagonists as Communists? Tarantino seems to have a penchant for revenge fantasies, but this one was just tasteless. I doubt anyone who went through the horrors of WW2 would ever want their horrors twisted into a "fun" or "funny" perspective.

Disgusting trash. Belongs in the ash heap of history.
October 3, 2017
Amazing movie, you wanna know something Utivich this my favorite at the moment
September 27, 2017
The movie was a little long winded and had a lot of subtitles. It was well played but who can keep up with all that reading. The ending could have been better.
½ September 27, 2017
I liked it more the second (or was it third?) time that I saw it!!
½ September 18, 2017
Thanks to a magnetic screenplay, fantastic performances and brillant over the top Tarantino violence, Inglorious Basterds is another big winner for Tarantino.
September 15, 2017
One of my favorite films! I've watched it no less than 100 times.
September 14, 2017
A little long in the run time I felt, but overall a very entertaining film with great performances from Brad Pitt and Christopher Waltz. The second half of the film is better as a plot to assassinate the top Nazi's in one hit slowly unravels with a few twists and turns.