Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

½ January 8, 2018
Well made for the most part, but frequently seems stylistically messy. I kind of feel like, even if you're typically a big fan of Tarantino, this one would still have you scratching your head about some of the decisions made.
January 6, 2018
Already, the setting is beautiful in countryside of France. Christoph Waltz is always a joy to watch. He's such charm and charisma that is infectious and entertaining to watch. Tarantino is a master at crafting brilliant cinema. He understands how to build tension even in the slightest of things and then when to release it. It's like a flow, and he really gets it. Tarantino is infamous for his long but very interesting conversations his characters have, and this movie is no exception.

Brad Pitt's character is flawless. Probably my favorite Tarantino character that he's created. And Samuel L. Jackson narrating, ahhhh so fucking good. It's such a serious topic and movie but Quentin is just so good at defusing a situation with humor. This movie has such an intersting and pondering premise. It's one of those ideas that you think about when your starring up at your ceiling thinking about things. It makes you wonder if anything like this really went on. Were there really American military outfits that hunted down and killed Nazi's during the war? It's shit like this that gets the cogs moving and the brain thinking. It's brilliant stuff.

I love how there's chapters in the movie. It's like a book. A really good book that you want to finish reading because it's so damn good. The whole premise of the German Nazi soldier trying to get the French girl, great. The use of music is terrific. Especially during the moments of reveal and tension. Every conversation scene with Waltz is just so magnetizing. He makes acting seem like it's no big deal. Probably comes second nature to him. It's amazing how he plays this character who is just so evil but yet so polite and a gentleman. He's not vulgar he doesn't conduct himself inappropriately. He just does his job as he's supposed maybe better than he should, and is just a gentleman.

Mike Myers and Fassbender in the same room. What the hell? Pretty cool. I love Fassbender's laugh. That tavern scene holy shit. The way things were so fun and then all of a sudden things started to get tense until it all explodes at the end. That's the English for you. putting a nonstrategic actress, who has no business in matters of war, in charge of putting a strategy together to meet just to talk. This scene is so genius because it's almost like that one Major is playing the game with them, in order for them to let their guards down in order for them to reveal themselves in some way. This movie reminds me a lot of Barry Lyndon in the way that, it's all in the subtleties. You can tell what's going on or even what's going to happen just by looking at their faces. Again, Quentin builds up this tension that you could already feel coming but it still catches you off guard because of the flawless acting.

Beautiful shot with the French girl leaning on the circular shaped window. I would so go down on that blonde French girl, Jesus Christ. I lost it when Lt. Aldo said Bon Journo. That was hilarious. The whole bit with the Italians and Hans was great. The look on Hans face at the end was priceless. He knew what was coming to him.

I think saying that this movie is a masterpiece, is quite an understatement. This movie is quite a cinematic accomplishment. Amazing work of art. Loved every bit of it. I only wish they covered why Aldo has that scar around his neck. Maybe a lynching? Definitely watching this one again.
½ January 2, 2018
Be warned: this film is not for those who don't like dialogues. However, this film has it all: violence, suspense, and humor.
½ January 1, 2018
It has the brilliant Tarantino dialogue and it's one of the most fun "war-based" films with gratuitous violence and one of the best dialogue of all time.
December 27, 2017
I see absolutely no flaws with this movie.The acting was incredbile from everyone.The story line was Great.This is Brad Pitt at his best.Christoph Waltz was delightful to watch.This movie was a must watch for all movie fans
½ December 27, 2017
(89/100)
I love Quentin's work and when I heard he would be making a WW2 movie, I was on board immediately! This movie delivers very nicely on my expectations.
December 24, 2017
M-F-O

8.8

[Quentin Tarantino]
½ December 21, 2017
I know it's very brutal, but I like the time period, so I'll probably watch it eventually :D
December 17, 2017
A violent, epic, yet deeply satisfying Tarantino movie. His second best after Pulp Fiction.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.5

Una obra maestra. Quentin Tarantino en su máxima expresión.
½ December 14, 2017
En este filme nos presentan a Una chica judia-francesa la cual es obligada a emitir un estreno nazi en su cine al cual irá el mismísimo Adolf Hitler.
Por otra parte un grupo de soldados estadounidenses llamados los bastardos están planeando un ataque a esa función liderados por Aldo Raine un capitan obsecionado con asesinar nazis.
Y realmente la película me encantó tiene un poco de todo comedia, acción hasta gore, normalmente cuando una película es Multigenero no saben muy bien como desarrollarla, pero Tarantino tiene una narrativa única, algo que no se ve en muchos directores actuales.
Y siempre las películas de Tarantino comienzan con un monólogo que te dejan muy reflexivo, en este caso el monólogo es de Hans Landa
Quien explica cómo rastrear judíos de una forma que otros nazis no pueden
December 12, 2017
Inglourious Basterds: Tarintino swiftly blends crackiling epigrammatic dialouge, audacious oversight, peculiarity direction and swift genre blending ideas into this masterful deconstruction of the war genre into a seamless blissful whole.
Tyler H.
½ November 24, 2017
The movie is a bloody and brutal movie but for me had no satisfaction in its climax which I felt wasted my time.
November 21, 2017
Good movie! I see why it won so many awards.
½ November 20, 2017
Inglorious Basterds is a movie that if you love war movies you should definitely watch. The movie contains great acting by Christolph Waltz who won an outstanding number of awards for his role as Hans Landa and it's expertly written and directed by Quintin Tarantino! Overall it's a good movie to watch and is one of Tarantino's best!
November 12, 2017
Nov. 11 2017, with HZ.
November 6, 2017
A waste of 2:30. No real plot, just some blood and gore revenge.
½ November 6, 2017
Quentin Tarantino delivers a bloody, darkly hilarious, and utterly violent "what-if"-WWII story boasting a strong cast of characters, and gracing cinema with one of the greatest on-screen villains of our time. Simply put, this is Tarantino's masterpiece.

4.5/5 stars
November 2, 2017
Quentin Tarantino, you are my hero! Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz both nailed it as the Jewish soldier and Nazi leader. Also, the fiery screening at the end was awesome! Also, (spoiler alert) I love the part when Brad Pitt carves a cross on Waltz's head at the end! I gotta say, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.
November 2, 2017
Well-casted and excellently scripted. Lt. Aldo Raine is a true American hero.