Inglourious Basterds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inglourious Basterds Reviews

Page 2 of 2097
April 29, 2017
I loved this movie! It's got some absolutely brilliant performances all the way through. The story is great even though it's not at all fact driven. It's really fun, I mean who doesn't like the idea of Jewish soldiers exacting revenge on the nazis. Christoph Waltz is on absolute top form as always in this and really elevates the whole film. For me though it's all about Aldo the apache (Brad Pitt). I honestly think this could be his best film. The whole time he's not on screen you want to see more of him. He's a really funny and fun character and Pitt plays it perfectly.
April 23, 2017
An ok movie, a little far fetched. I liked the idea of Nazi killers and I enjoyed the part where they cut a swastika into his face.
April 10, 2017
The intense moments of silence and decisive split second war time situations along with superb yet natural dialogue make this a must watch.
April 8, 2017
Finally watched Inglorious Basterds on Amazon Prime. This is Tarantino at his most irreverent. Even the horrific scenes have laugh-out-loud moments. As far as story-lines go, much of it seems a bit far-fetched, and Brad Pitt's Tennessee accent was comical. But it's Tarantino, so it gets an A-minus.
April 8, 2017
Probably my favorite QT movie.
April 7, 2017
Entertaining at times, but overall pretty average.
April 5, 2017
Over-the-top is completely fitting for the wild and violent story Quentin Tarantino has come up with for this alternate WWII tale. More than anything the performances are absolutely incredible. Christoph Waltz steals the entire movie as the Nazi Colonel Hans Landa.
½ April 1, 2017
This is the best nazi movie I've seen. Character development and dialogue is some of the best I've seen. Just by watching the intro to this movie you know how good it is. Christoph Waltz is phenomenal as Hans Landa; probably the strongest character I've seen in a movie. So many scenes of this movie are iconic to me. Eli Roth looks handsome as the Bear Jew the outfit goes with him and he fits in his role so perfectly. Only thing I hate about this movie is what happens to Hans Landa at the end; although he is an antagonist in the movie I still feel bad for him. You also need patience and concentration every time you do a run through with this movie.
March 23, 2017
This is an absolute masterpiece.
It's not only an uchronia or a fantastic tale about World War II, it is a perfect example of how this must be done.

Tarantino combines in an exemplary way the stories that are told, so that all converge, both having the same end and joining in a masterful way to give the film a final more than worthy.
The characters are charismatic and unscrupulous, something that gives the movie freshness and makes it even more interesting than it is.
The performance of Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa only makes this film an indispensable work for any movie lover.
March 20, 2017
One of Tarrantino's best
March 15, 2017
Manically made only in the way QT can. Christoph Waltz puts in an aware winning performance as Hans Landa.
March 9, 2017
All the heroes were utterly unlikable and the complete lack of security for an event with all the top brass was ridiculous but Christoph Waltz was utterly fantastic. Such menace and danger behind such charming mannerisms...Even if he does appear to be a naive idiot at the end.
½ February 24, 2017
Definitely Tarantino's best masterpiece since Pulp Fiction. Christoph Waltz makes the whole movie. Definitely plays one of the all time best movie characters thanks to the superb Quentin Tarantino with his fabulous screenplay that only he can conjure up.
½ February 20, 2017
with one of the best villains ever this movie has got to be one of Tarantino's best
February 19, 2017
If the Tomatometer had 6 stars only for one movie, I would use it for this one.

Filled with entertainment, an amazing performance by Brad Pit and arguably one of the best villains a movie has ever had; Inglorious Basterds must be the ultimate absurd alternative history movie.
February 18, 2017
One of the best films ever made and one of the best war movies
February 12, 2017
I wish it was better
½ February 10, 2017
I have seen this twice already. Mostly b/c we saw it so late opening night I missed a few moments to head nods... Seeing it a second time, and not missing much - it was a well done fiction... a fantasy fiction of revenge and vulgar violence.

Cinematic, was brilliant - naturally, since Q knows how to paint this canvass well. Acting was outstanding, and the whole thing was superb - just very difficult to watch throughout - even for me.
February 10, 2017
Very good movie! Great bar room scene!
February 4, 2017
Quinten Tarantino writes and directs his latest film Inglorious Bastards. The film sets place in the heart of World War II and opens with a Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) who is searching for Jews across Nazi occupied France. He is known as the Jew Hunter and he kills the family of a young Shosanna (Melanie Laurent). Many years later, Shosanna is the owner of a small cinema under a new name Emmanuelle. She is being courted by a young Nazi war hero who begs to have the premiere of his new movie at her small cinema.

As with most Tarantino there many arcs, and another arc involves Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt). He leads a group of notorious Nazi killers known as the Inglorious Bastards. Each one of the bastards has a known identity and nickname for their methods such as Donny Donowitz who does so with a baseball bat. As a team, they go around Germany ruthlessly killing Germans in hope to spread the word of their infamy, and rouse fear in the Nazi's. When they discover the premiere of the new film premiere at the small cinema, the two plot points converge in a hope to kill all of the Nazis including Hitler himself at the event.

Inglorious Bastards is one of Tarantino's finest films. The film features larger than life characters, excellent performances, and typical Tarantino sense of drama and grandeur that only he can pull off. Waltz simply ties the film together and rightfully wins Best Oscar for a supporting role. Pitt does a good job balancing comedy and wit as the stubborn and grisly war hero. The film is long and has some slow scenes to help build up drama and intensity, but they work well and are fitting in this film and help advance the plot. Some of these scenes are really some of the best scenes in the film. These include the film's opener, and a scene where Emmanuelle is being slowly interrogated by Hans Landa as the two eat strudel and smoke cigarettes. Combined with Tarantino like explosive finish, Inglorious Bastards will likely entertain most Tarantino fans and movie goers alike.

-2.4.2017