Inhale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inhale Reviews

½ September 4, 2011
Pretty powerful movie about organ donors and the black market. Where they get them from, etc. It's pretty sick stuff and you have to stop and think about what you'd do in the same situation.
September 2, 2011
HonnÍte, mais sans plus...
August 22, 2011
Um filme sobre o mercado negro de org√£os. Mto bom.
½ August 21, 2011
This one made me think about my own life and what I would do in that situation and for that reason I give it 3.5 stars.
August 9, 2011
Gripping story about a dad's mission to find his daughter a lung donor...but he then stumbles upon an underground organ trafficking business ...good twist at the end too!
August 8, 2011
A lesson in morality here. Even I was torn between right and wrong at the end of this...and I consider myself a rather good, moral person. Well done. Great acting by all. Dermot Mulroney was fantastic.
½ August 6, 2011
Really good. Unexpected & unique. Chose this randomly on Shotime On Demand, so glad I did. It's not a feel-good movie but rather intense, thought provoking and eye opening. Resonates with me, still dont know what I would have done if I was in his shoes. PLEASE make sure you are an organ donor. It is so sad that it comes to this- so many good organs go to waste which could be used to save lives.
½ August 5, 2011
ideas are fresh and thought provoking but the execution is sloppy up until last 1/2 hour .
½ August 3, 2011
This was a bit of a mixed bag. The fractured structure wasn't particularly effective here and the film is much more plot driven, leaving little room for character development. There were some decent performances, though Dermot was rather flat. And the moral twist was interesting, though it could have been handled better.
½ July 26, 2011
Great movie. Incredible story/powerful message.
July 24, 2011
Sorry baby, I had to save Lil Shrimp.
½ July 22, 2011
Good movie. Its one of those movies that gets you thinking about your own morals and family. Quick paced and right to the point.
½ July 11, 2011
Decent thriller aboutthe illegal organ trade and the lengths of how far would you go to save someone you loved. Diane Kruger was criminally under used though.
½ June 29, 2011
*Inhale* Wowwhatagreatmoviethiswas,withasuperbstorylineandunexpectedtwistsandturnsateverypossiblemoment.IwatcheditlikeI'dreadapage-turner.
*Exhale*
Pffffew. Though well-acted, this is a draggingly slow pretentious and preachy movie that was preceded by and promoted with a misleading trailer. Of course the subject matter is important. Of course the theme is heavy and controversial. But would an American father who went through hell and back to get his dying daughter donor lungs from a shady Mexican organization have second thoughts in the end? Hell no. Politically correct and admirable of course. Believable? No.
June 23, 2011
Película bastante diferente, interesante, donde se puede hacer lo que se quiera en nombre del dinero sin embargo, la à (C)tica, la moral y la culpa juegan un papel importante a la hora de nuestras tomas de decisiones...recomendable
June 18, 2011
Enjoyable thriller. A few inconsistencies and continuity errors, but they can be forgiven due to the interesting story line.
MANUGINO
½ June 5, 2011
A couple goes to dangerous lengths to find a lung donor for their daughter.

Great Film! Acting was really good from everyone and the story is just gut wrenching and even though it's been done before but never from this perspective/angle. This movie might be short on run time but it illustrates this sort of organ trafficking very well as it would have been longer. Easy to the eyes and compelling yet informative.This is the type of film that 10 years ago would have owned the box office but today, they're a gamble. Unless you stick a product name like Russel Crowe or Tom Cruise in it, it's hard to say which way it will go. It also reminds me of how the grading curve has changed due to the collage of genres we know get in a single film which is probably one of many reasons films are now so often struggling at the box office. Wicked ending!

In the thriller drama Inhale, up and coming District Attorney Paul Stanton (Dermot Mulroney) is a family man who has built a solid reputation for defending the law. Now in the middle of prosecuting a high-profile sex offender case, he tries to remain focused although he has serious problems of his own.

Paul and his wife Diane (Diane Kruger) have one daughter, Chloe (Mia Stallard), who has been diagnosed with a rare degenerative disease. She needs a double lung transplant, but there are many patients ahead of her on the waiting list for donors.

But when news arrives that Chloes condition has worsened, Dr. Rubin (Rosanna Arquette), tells them that it is beyond their ability to save Chloe's life, but she also tells them that if they have money, there is another way for them to find a lung donor.

Stunned with the possibility of having to break the law to save their daughter's life, Paul, contacts his friend James Harrison (Sam Shepard) for advice. Harrison tells him that he has information about a mysterious Dr. Navarro (Vincent Perez) who performs transplants in Tijuana, Mexico, but warns him that pursuing this course could cost him everything; his reputation, career and possibly even his life as well as the life of his daughter.

Confused and frantic, Paul and Diane decide to take the risk to find this doctor if there is a chance they can save Chloes life. Their journey takes them across the border to Mexico and into the dangerous territory of the underworld. Paul's search brings him face to face with the corrupt police officer Aguilar (Jordi MollŠ) and the discovery that Dr. Navarro is connected to an illegal organ harvesting operation where the donors are in reality victims. Paul finds himself caught in a desperate situation of choosing between saving the life of his daughter or exposing the criminal activity that could save the lives of hundreds of children.
½ May 22, 2011
This movie is part of a series of movies (Babel, Man on fire) which portray the very difficult Mexican social and economic situation next to the American border and how delicate the balance between the two countries is.

The movie builds tension quite appropriately as we see a desperate father willing to risk his life in search of a mysterious doctor who is in charge of illegal transplantations, in order to save his daughter's life.
In his way, he'll see children gangs, prostitution, corrupt policemen and all the colors of human misery when poverty reigns. But he will also discover kindness, decency and the innocence of children.
In the eyes of the character everyone is corrupt and dishonest and this concept is exactly what the script aims to do. It tries to show us how ignorant rich societies are of the way poor ones live and that not everyone who lives humbly is a criminal as the main character will find out. He'll also find out that the most despicable characters in the movie are not even Mexicans. This is a journey of awakening for someone who has to go down to hell because he needs to.

The very emotional ending add to a movie which is decent and leaves a very important message. Rich societies play an important part in the state of poverty which is undermining poor societies and they have the moral power to revert this situation. That is, if they really wanted to.