Inni - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inni Reviews

January 26, 2013
Was at Alexandra Palace, London seeing this very recorded Sigur Ros gig.
June 19, 2012
A beautiful video essay about Sigur Ros. If you love their music, you will love this visual redenring.
June 2, 2012
Goosebumps the whole way through.
January 14, 2012
Gorgeously shot B & W concert footage of Icelandic rockers, Sigur Ros.
½ January 7, 2012
There's a scene where all 4 members of Sigur Ros are interviewed on NPR. The host asks a difficult question that most bands would take advantage of to explain their roots and aspiration of music, blah blah blah. Instead, all 4 of them with a slight smile don't say a word, and the bassist even chuckles at the question, then the scene ends and it's move on to the next song.

Random scenes like that are added in between songs to depict the grandeur of their music, which arguably like no other band's. Filming in black and white with strange, interchangeable visuals, and off-centered and shaky camera work only enhances the effect. I'll admit it's a bit frustrating at times (like how you wish Greengrass would've backed up and replaced his camera with a more stable one while shooting the last 2 Bourne films). But, it reaches a level of mystique, like the beginning of shots of Inland Empire focused on the phonograph. All in all, fans of Sigur Ros should check it out.
January 3, 2012
People who don't like Sigur Ros are fucking idiots.
December 31, 2011
Oh. Got to get this. I loved 2007's Heima.
December 31, 2011
There's really nothing fresh in this documentary. Luckily Sigur Ros' music is still strong when captured on film as it is on CD or live.
½ December 31, 2011
This film captures the outer-body experience of their live show with a raw dream-like quality. To top it off, it ends with an intense finale!
½ December 2, 2011
Was told this was a documentary concert, which is mostly true, except there is probably less than 10 minutes of actual documentary and 80 minutes concert. Nevertheless the cinematography, editing, stage effects (all whom were the real masters) synergized just right with Sigur Ros. Don't get me wrong Sigur Ros has talent and is a very good band. But without the special effects, editing, lighting, cinematography, quality sound system, etc, just isn't interesting in itself as music to keep ones attention. I listened to one of their CD's left by a former roommate in my car and had to turn it off after 15 minutes or so because it seemed to drone on. If you love the concert movie don't run out and by the CD just get the DVD and watch it on a super sized screen with a killer sound system and you might be about to match the illusion of seeing it in theater. In fact I'm convinced doing so is even better than seeing them live in concert. The cuts, special effects, the film incorporated along with the music from a particular good concert I felt was something special the band in and of themselves will probably never recreate. Nevertheless everything came together almost perfectly to create as close to a masterpiece documentary concert as one is likely to find.
½ November 25, 2011
Visually very similar to a Guy Maddin film, more than a concert film. Abstractly shot in very grainy 16mm black and white, with extra processing on top of that, sometimes actually making it difficult to know what you are seeing exactly. But who cares about the visuals. It's about the music of Sigur Ros that really shines, as dark as it is. Performing tracks from all of their albums, this documentary also has some few old clips of interviews and otherwise, but incomplete. As I said, abstract, not with much meaning, or closure either.
November 19, 2011
Have you seen it yet Kelly?
November 17, 2011
"Sigur Ros" is "Victory Rose" in English. The literal translation doesn't seem to really mean anything, but after watching the phenomenal band's 2nd live performance film, "Inni," I have to say, I can nowfully imagine what a Victory Rose could be. The 16mm texture elevates the music to a level unbeknownst to humankind yet. I've never been a big Sigur Ros fan (guilty to admit I only started listening to them about a year ago), but that's all about to change beginning tonight.
½ November 14, 2011
Heima is much better!
October 31, 2011
Anyone know where this is playing?
½ October 9, 2011
After the amazingly moving Heima, this documentary was a bit of a let down. It's essentially just a concert film (ala U2 Rattle & Hum). The repetitive black & white, blurry imagery becomes bankrupt after a while. The song selection could have been fresher and the interview footage was at a bare minimum. All in all, a disappointment after the astonishing previous doc. Still, I sure do love this band.
September 27, 2011
it's great but it's no 'Heima'
½ September 22, 2011
Not a documentary in the same way that Heima was a documentary - more a documentary about what it's like to play live or attend a Sigur Ros concert. A beautiful film in the same way Sigur Ros's music is beautiful - meaning that occasionally it gets a little boring. ;) Doesn't contain many interviews or other things like that, just a few amusing or interesting archive clips.