Innocent Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Innocent Blood Reviews

July 12, 2015
John Landis directed this vampire mob comedy starring Robert Loggia with Tom Savini, Sam Raimi, Dario Argento, Angela Bassett, Frank Oz, Luis Guzmán, Linnea Quigley, and Don Rickles. A French female vampire seduces the Pittsburg mob boss and turns him into a vampire. He turns his men into vampires and they go to war. A very uneven tone throughout the film detracts from the story. Watch with Vamp (1986) & Vampire's Kiss (1989).
February 19, 2015
Its fun, ain't exactly horror. A better version of twilight if you will.
October 28, 2014
Landis' indulgences and sometimes lax logic don't fully prevent 'Innocent Blood' being an enjoyable vampire romp. The film gets mileage out of a very snazzy score, atmospheric direction and even some amusing little sparks.
August 4, 2014
i thought the premise was good, and it had a talented cast and director so i checked it out, after a promising start, it kinda slowed down and fell apart halfway through, landis was able to combine horror and comedy more effectively in american werewolf in london, but here it just gets too silly, and the fact that here vampires can be shot in the head is stupid, the chemistry between lapaglia and parillaud isnt there, the ending is anticlimatic, if they just played it straight i think it couldve worked, still it has some good scenes when it sticks with just the mafia and its fun to see landis' cameos, but thats about it
July 30, 2014
Dated effects, but entertaining and very funny at times
July 26, 2014
A wild ride of a movie.
July 25, 2014
Innocent Blood was released in 1992 and was one of John Landis' final major films before he semi-tired (and bombed enormously with Blues Brothers 2000). It stars a wealth of working and character actors, including Robert Loggia, Anthony LaPaglia and Don Rickles, as well as French actress Anne Parillaud in the title role. The film is a sexy but funny and scary vampire movie, in the vein of An American Werewolf in London, which Landis also directed. Once the story gets going, and people begin turning into vampires, the fun factor level gets very high. It's not meant to be taken seriously and is pretty funny most of the time. There also some great cameos by Forrest J. Ackerman, Sam Raimi, Tom Savini and Dario Argento if you keep your eyes peeled. It's a fun little horror movie that deserves better treatment on home video, that's for sure.
April 15, 2014
One of the best horror movies I've ever seen ! This is a must see horror classic !
March 8, 2014
Blended perfectly with horror and humor, Innocent Blood is an entertaining and graphic mix of the undead and the mob put together with a solid performance by the leading lady, Anne Parillaud.
½ February 28, 2014
Underrated horror/comedy from John Landis. Features a great role for Don Rickles - an undead mafia attorney. I really enjoyed this.
October 6, 2013
the scoring is ham-fisted at times and makes the movie laughable
August 24, 2013
I've always wanted to see this movie, as I always thought it was a vampire film by a great director I had somehow missed. Sadly, I was way off. It's more a cheesy mafia film, with a subplot about vampires.

I think the main thing that annoyed me about this is that it doesn't follow Vampire rules, nor it's own rules. Seems every vampire has different color glowing eyes, but when do they ever glow to begin with? Reflections CAN be seen in the mirror and you don't need to be invited into a home anymore.

Also the lead actress is awful. She looks really old for the type of character she needed to be and her accent is too over powering for this American role. Plus her acting is total cardboard.

I did enjoy Loggia and Rickles. Rickles final scene is aces!

I dig vampires movies, but this was too long and boring for my tastes. The mafia stuff all seemed cheesy too. And what the heck with that awful score?
August 6, 2013
Directed by John Landis, whose career went into an unstoppable and sad slump in the late 1980's/early 1990's. After the critical mauling he got for Oscar (1991), he attempted to try and recreate the success of An American Werewolf in London (1981) with this horror-comedy, which mixes vampires and the Mafia. Some of it works, some of it doesn't, but it could have been much better. In Pittsburgh, French vampire Marie (Anne Parillaud) survives thanks to a moral code, which sees her getting her blood from criminals who operate in the city, however she lands herself in a whole heap of trouble when she sucks the blood of Salvatore 'The Shark' Macelli (Robert Loggia), the top Mafia boss in Pittsburgh. While Marie usually kills her victims, she's interrupted before she can kill Macelli, which leaves him as one of the undead, and he uses this power on his henchmen, making them into the living dead. But, it's up to undercover cop Joseph Gennaro (Anthony LaPaglia), who learns the truth about Marie, to help put things right. It is a very silly film, and Landis as usual casts directors in cameos, here it's Frank Oz, Sam Raimi and Dario Argento. But it's not as bad as what people say, and it does have some good monster make up on display, which you don't get in films these days, but it does feel forced in places.
July 7, 2013
An anemic film that lacks focus, direction, and purpose. This film bumbles through a slap-shot attempt at a dark comedy but completely misses all marks.

Too much gore,
Too much nudity,
Too much "romance",
Too much heart (for a vampire movie),
No comedy,
No suspense,
Complete miss on casting Anne Parillaud as a vampire,
The score was a complete shambles,
With a great supporting cast a lot of good possibilities were missed.

This film was a real pain in the neck just to finish watching.
½ April 15, 2013
Although not as cute or slick as American Werewolf, this had some cute spots, and I appreciated the old movie segments and the use of cameo appearances in the small roles, but it just wasn't good enough. A poor reflection of earlier work that was rather ham-handed.
March 9, 2013
Another terrible John Landis movie.
January 27, 2013
Not as classic as An American Werewolf but is a nice mix of vampire horror and comedy.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 6, 2012
I liked it but not a favorite.
September 12, 2012
Ehhhh. It was not good but not terrible. Would not watch it again.