Insanitarium - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insanitarium Reviews

December 16, 2013
Probably the best film set in an asylum I've seen!
½ June 9, 2013
The plot of "Insanitarium" is routine and silly with tons of corny one-liners, but this has to be one of the goriest horror films....this movie has enough goods to recommend it for fans of blood-drenched horror...
½ April 30, 2013
This was a sick and twisted movie. I loved that the experimental drug being forced on these patients turned them into cannibalistic monsters. The ending was a very nice touch.
October 6, 2012
The biggest flaw of this flick is the plot, nothing is really explained.. its sort of like a nightmare, scene after scene where thing constantly gets worse and worse until you wake up, happily knowing that the movie is finally over....the beginning is confusingly fast, nothing really makes any sense.. and everybody is constantly angry and yelling at each other for no special reason what so ever. Its more like confused feelings on tape than any real plot.. and what the hell Peter Stormare is doing in this bad flick I have no Idea.... although the slashing scenes are pretty good and I laughed out loud in the ending scene... Peter Stormares last line is genius! but none of it really made much sense.. gave me a couple of plot ideas so Ill keep it in my collection of "Don't-make-much-sense-but-strangely- inspiring"
August 13, 2012
One of the Best horror movies I've watched in awhile, I highly recommend it.
½ July 15, 2012
So awful. Sooo so awful. Borrowed this movie from a friend and now I have to question his taste in movies.
July 14, 2012
Jesse Metcalf (playing Jack) gets himself Institutionalized purposely to rescue his sister, Lily (played by Kiele Sanchez who played the HATED Nikki on Lost) While Peter Stormare (Abruzie of Prison Break fame) plays (crazy) Dr. Gianetti who is conducting experiments on his patients that turns them into flesh eaters. Basically think 28 days later (probably made for Sci-Fi network. It's not bad like most of them this is actually decent C
June 21, 2012
I actually found this movie to be very under-rated. If you consider that it was a cheap movie, it's quite good. Worth a watch.
April 26, 2012
Insanitarium features considerably more acting talent that your average straight-to-video horror schlock. Does contain some boobs and gratuitious amount of gore, though---the hallmarks of horror B-movies. It's above average for it's genre, but don't expect to be scared or find any deep plot elements.
April 24, 2012
Very awesome zombie film. Zombie fans get on this.
April 10, 2012
Over-the-top (but poorly directed) gore scenes and Peter Stormares worst performance since Armageddon - not bad at all!
April 9, 2012
Good movie. Some funny parts
½ April 5, 2012
Great horror flick! This is what suspension of disbelief is for! A rocking, gory, loud, sexy, terrifying ride! A well acted horror-thriller and ultimately that's what makes the movie. Formulaic characters (mad scientist, hot assistant, hotter crazy chick, sociopathic bad guy, brilliant inmate who can't cope in society, etc), a well worn setting (the inmates are the sane ones! science has run amuck! No one notices!) and some pretty tough to swallow plot devices/coincidences (I'll just 'pretend' to be crazy and get admitted to the crazy house where I'll have free rein and no one will notice I'm really lucid if I keep folding my arms and ducking my head) - but the whole is better than the sum of the parts and somehow this one works well, really well. I enjoyed every minute the insanity at the insanitarium!
½ February 23, 2012
The plot have been done before trapped in a sanitarium and the doctor is crazy and use the patients as experiment! Lots of unanswered holes and really stupid. Acting was poor. Just don't bother with this movie.
January 27, 2012
Meh. Mildly entertaining. Mildly scary. For me however it seemed to be mostly about trying to get in tacky visuals to keep the viewers there - more boobs and blood than strictly necessary. Perosnally, I think the best performances came from Carla Gallo and Armin Shimmeran.
½ January 11, 2012
I thought that this movie was pretty good. The acting from the main guy I thought was good and then also from the insane doctor to the other crazy people. I thought that the story was pretty lame and then how they all get let out in the end is dumb but it is a hell of a lot better then most zombie movies in the story line. I thought that the gore was good and also the fight for survival and stuff was also good and how they become zombies. It was just stupid that everyone that was on staff was completely blind to it but other then that the story was pretty good.( and yes I know i controdicted myself but that's because the more i thought about it the bettter it actually was)
December 2, 2011
EWWWWWW Yuck!!!! They used up the world's supply of fake blood in this one.I knew as soon as I saw the kitty that good things were not going to happen to it.
It seems Jesse Metcalfe should stick to being the BODY and not try to act anymore!!!
½ November 15, 2011
A watchable film, nothing really new here. However, I do like the concept of the insane asylum because of the security to keep the crazy flesh eaters in check. Of course, that can only last for so long. It was entertaining nonetheless.
October 25, 2011
Enough blood & guts but storyline didn't really make much sense. First half it was a mental hospital, second half began turning into some kind of zombie flick. Strange.
½ July 29, 2011
This movie was campy, hokey and completely unbelievable at times. I'm guessing though, that it was supposed to be like that in parts, and am not penalizing it too much for that. I'm mainly rating it so low because it's unoriginal, uninspired and rips off other movies.

I'm not a big fan of Jesse Metcalfe and think his main role could have been carried better by someone else.. but the quirky main supporting cast is probably the best part of the movie.. Peter Stormare proves again he has got the skeezy 'misunderstood' evil character on lockdown.. no matter how often he's a horrible human being in movies, there is always a part you want to side with and root for.. other pluses are Kevin Sussman, Olivia Munn, Carla Gallo (Bones) and Armin Shimerman (Buffy the Vampire Slayer).