Insecticidal Reviews

• Mar 26, 2015

This movie tries really hard to evoke the feelings of creature features from previous eras. The horrid CGI does little to help in that respect. The acting and the idiotic writing brings it much closer. This is not a good movie, nor really even a good B-movie, but the effort was definitely headed in the right direction.

• Jan 10, 2011

REALLY dodgy bad effects, dreadful acting & let's just say five minutes was enough for me... I'd rather give myself a douche with battery acid then ever watch a second more!

• Jan 10, 2011

• Jul 30, 2010

[font=Century Gothic]What the hell did I just watch? I will admit though, it made me laugh quite a bit and I had no problem whatsoever watching the beautiful pair of breasts that make up a stunning Samantha McLeod running around throughout the length of this movie. Not a good movie, but it has its moments that make it at least not a total waste. [/font][font=Tahoma]Edit: Originally posted[/font] [font=Tahoma][b]Monday, November 12, 2007[/b] under Lucky7s22G[/font]

• Jul 30, 2010

[font=Tahoma][font=Century Gothic][size=2]What the hell did I just watch? I will admit though, it made me laugh quite a bit and I had no problem whatsoever watching the beautiful pair of breasts that make up a stunning Samantha McLeod running around throughout the length of this movie. Not a good movie, but it has its moments that make it at least not a total waste.[/size][/font][/font] [font=Century Gothic][/font] [font=Tahoma]Edit: Originally posted[/font] [font=Tahoma][b]Monday, November 12, 2007[/b] under Lucky7s22G[/font]

KJ P Super Reviewer
    Jul 30, 2010

??????????????? I bought this movie, and I was rolling on the floor laughing at how bad it was, but it wasn't even laughably enjoyable. What kind of good movie has a bug killing someone in the shower?

• Jul 30, 2010

Now here's a winning combination: a bunch of sorority babes against giant, mutated, cannibalistic bugs! Yep, that's right. Don't be an idiot and expect a lot of seriousness from a film like Insecticidal, which has brilliant, nerdy bug scientist Cami working with her large number of pet bugs until the bitchy head girl sprays them with poison and destroys them all...or so they think. Now, the bugs have turned into laughably bad CGI monsters that prey on everyone in the house by killing and devouring them whole. There's a decent body count mixed with a healthy dose of good female nudity and bug action, but as one might expect, it's all deliciously corny and over-the-top. If you can get past all of that campy awfulness, Insecticidal is actually a lot of fun. I know the first time I watched it 4 years back, I hated it, but that was me being petty and stupid. Now, as a much more seasoned horror fan, who realizes that everything coming out at the cinema is much, much worse, I found myself giving this movie a second chance and liking it a whole lot more. Biggest genuine downfall though is still that confusing ending that I now get this time around, but it's still muddled and doesn't explain itself out more clearly. Not a bad follow-up from director Jeffrey Scott Lando, who first wowed some folks with his debut chiller, Savage Island. He would later go on and do the similarly themed Decoys 2 (except it's aliens instead of bugs) which was a lot of fun. Insecticidal was written by all-around nice guy Jeff O'Brien, who helps add some dumb fun to this film. Anyways, that's all this movie is: dumb fun. Don't take it seriously!

• Sep 03, 2009

What the hell did I just watch? I will admit though, it made me laugh quite a bit and I had no problem whatsoever watching the beautiful, stunning Samantha McLeod running around throughout the length of this movie. Not a good movie, but it has its moments that make it at least not a total waste.

• Apr 12, 2009

Original names (Sheri, Fumi, Cami, Josi,Belli....Sneezey, Dopey etc); CGI insects about as lifelike as Tutenkhamun; and what appear to be Jordan's donated breast implants. Still, it's better than The Producers Musical...