Inside (└ l'intÚrieur) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inside (└ l'intÚrieur) Reviews

May 6, 2015
The only thing more horrific than the gore, were the gaping plotholes and incompetent characters. I have no problem with the gore and found it scarily entertaining. I also have no problem with the less than believable foetus (after all CGI is hideously expensive) but I just can't deal with the plotholes. Everyone seemed to be a bit slow on the uptake, and they weren't exactly portrayed as idiots, so I kind of expected better decisions.
April 19, 2015
Raw, bloody, atmospherical, irrational, yes, smart at times, absurd at others, I enjoyed the film, loved the acting, would recommend only to genre fans
½ April 5, 2015
Gory and grim French stalk and slash
March 23, 2015
In the vein of "High Tension" and "The Strangers", this is perfect home invasion horror. Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury's "Inside" is something of a miracle: it manages to balance stomach-churning gore with real, senses-assaulting horror. There are some images in this movie that are just undeniably unshakable, and they prove that "Inside" will terrify even the most jaded horror aficionado. There's nothing like it, and yet, it's one you can't ever watch again. Brace yourself.
March 23, 2015
Holly shit this one was bloody as fuck.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This is a very gory and violented horror movie. Some sick scenes aswell many may think. The movie itself could have been better then it was. Perhaps more thriller with a deeper story and less gore.. Anyway if u like blood and brutal death scenes , enjoy.
½ December 23, 2014
Did I miss something? I fell for the hype. I found this movie to be extremely predictable, tedious, and even a bit boring. Sure, the gore was plentiful, and rooted in WTF soil, but when you know it's coming from the beginning of the film, it's all sort a disappointment by the time it shows up. The film is mean spirited solely for the sake of shock value, adding no real meaning or depth to this mere excuse to watch blood flow. I really wanted to like this one, too, due to it's constant (and ludicrous, I might add) comparison to dark French masterpieces, such as Martyrs and Wilderness.
October 21, 2014
A film with ridiculous amounts of gratuitous violence that is presented in a portentous way, as if such graphic grossness could ever be a message about life. Now, in a case such as that of the film Salo by Pasolini, one could understand how such extremety is justified on political grounds, but in Inside there is no excuse. The film is simply part of a trend that takes everything to the extreme in an attempt to cover up the total emptyness behind it. This fetishization of what is essentially a vacuum is for an unaesthetised audience that seeks gratification in what can shock them; it is like a drug addict who seeks stronger and stronger drugs in order to feel anything different.
October 18, 2014
One of the best horror flicks I have ever seen. Truly will make even a hardened movie goer writhe in their chair in discomfort.
October 5, 2014
tasty brutality. nice and straightforward until the several ambiguous bits at the end. not sure how much those parts actually bothered me. loved the piles of bodies. perfect length for what it was. could potentially overanalyze/be annoyed by some of it, but it was visceral enough that letting that sort of attitude go was incredibly easy.
September 24, 2014
This film is definitely contending for the worst movie I've ever seen. The story was so bad and the 'twist' was god awful. The opening scene was great then goes to so much unnecessary gore. On top of all that, acting was horrid.
½ September 13, 2014
A ka nije los, dosta ljigav, al nije za 4.
September 7, 2014
This is one of the hardest movies I've ever had to watch. It is also one of the best horror films I've ever seen, an absolutely terrifying spectacle.
August 27, 2014
April 15th 2010
August 27th 2014
August 23, 2014
The french are really pushing the bounderies...definitely no fun watching this but you will never forget this bloodbath...other than the lot of horror movies, which are so exchangeable that in last consequence it's a waste of precious time watching them...Inside will have its place in the line of ultra brutal and merciless horror movies...and with a Beatrice Dall├ę who's performance will haunt you afterwards...be warned
August 22, 2014
One of the most creepy home invasion and bloody stylish movie I've ever seen.
½ July 28, 2014
One of the best Horror Films I've seen that has come out in the last 10 years!
July 20, 2014
suspensful, non stop thrills and blood, blood, blood
½ July 8, 2014
The french have really been impressing me with their modern horror! Not only are movies like Martyrs, High Tension, Livide, and Them great, but they also have some great and strong female protagonists. Now, this movie is a bloodbath, and both a very shocking and entretaining one. One of its downsides its its beggining, which can feel a little too slow and disjointed, but as the movie progresses, the torture and the tension begin and never quite let go. The movie does some things way better than others, and while it may not be entirely new and/or original, it does sport some great ideas and some great tense and violent moments to make it another great highlight of french horror.
May 18, 2014
This is the worst movie a woman could ever watch. Actually, women, DO NOT watch this. Unless you're not planning to get pregnant EVER then DO NOT WATCH THIS. I am dead serious.

Technicality-wise, the giallo feel is strong on this one. Never seen a modern horror using this style. So, it's cool seeing it these days. Neat and effective. That doesn't mean I am not scarred for life, though