Insidious: Chapter 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insidious: Chapter 2 Reviews

½ December 30, 2016
Not as good as the first part.
½ December 5, 2016
A solid and entertaining sequel that not only maintains the high level of scares found in the terrifying original movie, especially in its first half, but also has an ingenious plot structure that makes up for its poor attempts at humor (which are always misplaced).
November 19, 2016
want to see, in the hopes that it would make Insidious make sense. Insidious is one of today's rare movies that seemed to me to require an additional movie as opposed to the normal sequels, trilogies of modern times which were never made to be continuations.
½ October 31, 2016
The Insidious films uses more ghostly scares, than buckets of blood, which I do have to praise because you don't see that too much anymore these days. This sequel is good and still effective, but unfortunatly doesn't hold up to the first Insidious, which was great and very scary. I found it pretty uneven, with some parts being so boring, and others being tense and tight. But it's still, in general, a good sequel, which uses a lot of the same characters, which I liked. And the film with the most creecking doors I've ever seen, which is a little old. Still, recommended !!
October 27, 2016
First one was good, this one is rock solid!
½ October 21, 2016
Though it's not as chilling as the first, it has enough twists and thrills to be a satisfying horror movie sequel.
½ October 21, 2016
What were clever 1st and 2nd acts in Insidious were followed by an almost slapstick 3rd act was what made the first one nearly fall apart at the seems near the conclusion. Unfortunately for Insidious: Chapter 2, the tone of the film greatly suffers as most suspense and tension is completely ruined by the bumbling paranormal sidekicks from hell. Whether or not the codeword is Quesadilla or not, Insidious 2 suffers greatly because of a plot that is convuluted in terms of creating new rules for the sake of plotting and a sequel.

When you attempt to explain the boogeyman, you usually end up demystifying it and making it a joke and/or not scary. Insidious 2 does try to add and connect with the first one but it feels as though they merely wrote chapter 2 in a weekend to set up for a third part.
October 18, 2016
Better than the first and i loved the first movie!!!
September 19, 2016
Not as good as the first one, but still an entertaining and thrilling horror film.
September 5, 2016
Much like Ouija, I got soooooo much adrenaline from this movie. It was fright after fright non stop. I should probably go easy on my adrenal glands
½ September 4, 2016
Insidious: Chapter 2 is even more intriguing than its predecessor, but is also less horrifying.
August 31, 2016
I was actually surprised. I didn't expect much. The story fit pretty well with the first one. Just don't expect too many scares.
½ August 14, 2016
"Insidious: Chapter 2" is a slight improvement of its earlier installment, with a better story to go with and that annoying soundtrack from the first one have been erased, but the scares are still as dull as they were in the first one.
August 12, 2016
Builds well on the first story, perhaps not as good, but still an entertaining horror.
August 11, 2016
Sure It May Not Hit The Awesomeness Of The First Insidious but It's Still Effective Modern Horror That Also Like It's Predecessor Has An Above Average Story / Plot For Most Horror Films.
8.7 / 10 Not As Good As The First but Still Better Than Most Horror Films.
August 8, 2016
I found this installment to be creepier than the first because it focuses more on Rose Byrne than Patrick Wilson and It's easier to relate to her as a concerned mother than him as a standoffish (or possessed, as the case may be) father.
½ July 31, 2016
Yeah, I felt like chapter two was pretty weak. The story and the plot seemed a bit messy and not well organized. Some of the acting was good, some of it wasn't. I think this movie had less Rose Byrn, which is a negative in my opinion. The kids didn't seem to do as well in this one. It wasn't really scary or captivating. It had some good style which is typical with James Wan. Overall, I didn't really like it though.
½ July 25, 2016
Intermediatley scary, Did jump a couple of times
I'm pissed how i like movies but scared to be rotten.

Score: 7.5/10
July 22, 2016
I was not expecting it to be this good. Insidious 2 was so damn creepy and amazing. I was scared as hell. And while "The Further" was what I didn't care much about in the original, in the sequel, "The Further" is the best part. The way they brought it back to the first movie was incredible, answering scenes from the first film that we never gave much thought about. They took a seemingly simple story from the original, and brilliantly made it one of the smartest movies in years. Now I can't wait for chapter 3.
½ July 20, 2016
Not as good as the first but I'm a sucker for continuity.