Insidious: Chapter 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insidious: Chapter 2 Reviews

½ September 4, 2016
Insidious: Chapter 2 is even more intriguing than its predecessor, but is also less horrifying.
August 31, 2016
I was actually surprised. I didn't expect much. The story fit pretty well with the first one. Just don't expect too many scares.
½ August 14, 2016
"Insidious: Chapter 2" is a slight improvement of its earlier installment, with a better story to go with and that annoying soundtrack from the first one have been erased, but the scares are still as dull as they were in the first one.
August 12, 2016
Builds well on the first story, perhaps not as good, but still an entertaining horror.
August 11, 2016
Sure It May Not Hit The Awesomeness Of The First Insidious but It's Still Effective Modern Horror That Also Like It's Predecessor Has An Above Average Story / Plot For Most Horror Films.
8.7 / 10 Not As Good As The First but Still Better Than Most Horror Films.
August 8, 2016
I found this installment to be creepier than the first because it focuses more on Rose Byrne than Patrick Wilson and It's easier to relate to her as a concerned mother than him as a standoffish (or possessed, as the case may be) father.
½ July 31, 2016
Yeah, I felt like chapter two was pretty weak. The story and the plot seemed a bit messy and not well organized. Some of the acting was good, some of it wasn't. I think this movie had less Rose Byrn, which is a negative in my opinion. The kids didn't seem to do as well in this one. It wasn't really scary or captivating. It had some good style which is typical with James Wan. Overall, I didn't really like it though.
½ July 25, 2016
Intermediatley scary, Did jump a couple of times
I'm pissed how i like movies but scared to be rotten.

Score: 7.5/10
July 22, 2016
I was not expecting it to be this good. Insidious 2 was so damn creepy and amazing. I was scared as hell. And while "The Further" was what I didn't care much about in the original, in the sequel, "The Further" is the best part. The way they brought it back to the first movie was incredible, answering scenes from the first film that we never gave much thought about. They took a seemingly simple story from the original, and brilliantly made it one of the smartest movies in years. Now I can't wait for chapter 3.
½ July 20, 2016
Not as good as the first but I'm a sucker for continuity.
½ July 11, 2016
At first I was very sceptical because it doesn't pick up from the ending of the first film very well. But later on it starts revealing and linking things with the story which makes it a memorable and entertaining horror movie. Its not quite a praise worthy as the first film but scarier and just as visually powerful.
July 11, 2016
Insidious 2 is not as scary as the first one but is still a great horror film and is a Must See.
June 25, 2016
A non-disappointing sequel that gives enough horror,suspense,background knowledge,and foreshadowing as any other classic horror movie with creepiness from beginning to the end resulting in a flawless flick with a two great antagonists.
June 22, 2016
Super-cool jump scare scenes with a more focused storyline filled with horrifying ghost characters and creepy atmosphere that keeps this second installment to the Insidious franchise better than the first one.
½ June 13, 2016
I never understood some of the backlash the film recieved. I found Chapter 2 to be a very effective sequel that expands the original's mythology while still providing its own share of scares, promising great things to come for this franchise.
½ June 11, 2016
Insidious: Chapter 2 is a good follow up to the first film. Was it great? No, but it does a solid job of continuing the story line and keeping the audience enthralled.
½ June 11, 2016
Watch chapter 1 before chapter 2. Spooks continue...
½ June 11, 2016
Wan's ability to construct the perfect scare is still evident here. Unfortunately it's marred by cheesy dialogue and sequences that are WAY over the top.
June 6, 2016
doesn't live up to the original! but still quite good
June 1, 2016
The sequel starts right where the last movie left us. And thought it's "good" to be back to the that immersive story, I still felt there was something missing. Lin Shaye though, makes every Insidious movies worth while.