Inspector Clouseau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inspector Clouseau Reviews

½ September 27, 2016
Mon Dieu! Quelle meh! This film has its moments and Mr. Arkin tries his best. Most interesting bit: 46:52... look at the grave marker, then look up why.
August 9, 2016
The most overlooked entry in the franchise.
½ June 11, 2016
The inspector must battle thieves in this tired comedy.
½ October 15, 2015
Alan Arkin was far better at portraying Inspector Clouseau than Peter Sellers was and Mr. Yorkin is a better director than Blake Edwards, so the summation of the two, is that this is the best of the Pink Panther movies.
September 8, 2015
Alan Arkin deserves more praise for this role
½ June 20, 2014
Tension is building at Number Ten Downing Street when it's discovered that the money stolen in the great train robbery is merely operating capital for a bigger criminal plan. Never to fear, Clouseau (Alan Arkin) is here! The bumbling detective sets out on a clumsy crusade to catch the crooks. But the case takes a riotous twist when Clouseau's "face" is seen masquerading from Swiss bank to Swiss bank for the heist of the century. Will Clouseau manage to save the day, or will the case of mistaken identity end his crime fighting forever?

also stars Frank Finlay, Deila Boccardo, Patrick Cargill, Beryl Reid, Barry Foster, Clive Francis, Anthony Ainley and David Bauer.

directed by Bud Yorkin.
September 20, 2013
I don't necessarily "want to see this", just glance at it.
½ May 5, 2013
This movie was made by United Artist after the success of A Shot In The Dark. Peter Sellers didn't want to do it and neither did Blake Edwards. Without them this movie fell flat. Alan Arkin played Clouseau but it was his own version. Without the aloofness of Seller's Clouseau it just wasn't as funny. They threw in some James Bond jokes and they stole the rubber mask ploy from the Mission Impossible TV show. The funniest part of Seller's Clouseau was his outrageous French accent and is mispronunciation of the simplest of English words. Alan Arkin's accent wasn't that funny. In a way Arkin played Clouseau too seriously. Arkin had Clouseau showing self doubt while Seller's Clouseau was totally clueless. I saw 5 minutes of this movie on TV once while channel surfing and didn't realize till years later what I had seen.
March 6, 2013
Here we have the first black sheep of The Pink Panther series, in that it doesn't star Sellers, wasn't directed by Edwards and wasn't scored by Mancini. Admittedly, as soon as the film starts, its hard not to miss the Inspector Clouseau we know from before... honestly though, Arkin is more than great with his attempt to fill some massive shoes. Had Sellers continued to shun the role, I could see Arkin as a pretty worthy replacement. This entry to the lunacy seems to have fallen through the cracks, but I'm not sure why... it follows the formula beautifully.
½ May 27, 2012
Rien de bien transcendant dans cette comedie sans pretention, troisieme opus de la saga de la PANTHERE ROSE. ALAN ARKIN remplace PETER SELLERS sans demeriter. Malheureusement, le scenario est indigent et les gags sont mediocres. Heureusement, la mise en scene est assez alerte pour sauver les meubles. Moyen.
March 27, 2012
It is clear very early on in this one why this film is so overlooked in the Pink Panther film series. After disagreements during the filming of "A Shot in the Dark", Director Blake Edwards and star Peter Sellers vowed to never work together again...but the series was still popular, and the studio wanted more...but they still couldn't manage to convince either party to return, not even one. So without the backbone of the series (Edwards and Sellers) this film really suffers. I usually like Arkin, but he is really miscast as Clouseau, and he doesn't come close to filling the shoes of Sellers. The film also feels a little too much like a Bond parody as opposed to just a bumbling detective story, so I'm not even sure the film would have succeeded if Sellers had returned. So this was a failure, and it's often forgotten status in the series is pretty warranted.
½ October 8, 2011
INSPECTOR CLOUSEAU (1968)
July 2, 2011
No Peter Sellers? Really?
June 19, 2011
I only remember liking it.
April 17, 2011
This was number four in tonight's quadruple feature. I'm not sure how we stayed awake. Wow was this unfunny. It's unlikely that Alan Arkin made a worse film.
½ April 16, 2011
Alan Arkin is an experienced actor, but he is no Peter Sellers.
March 27, 2011
Much better than you'd think. If you can get over the fact Peter Sellers isnt it it you'll see its rather good.
March 6, 2011
Alan Arkin gives it his all, and the highest compliment I can pay him is to say that even if Peter Sellers was playing the title role, this would still be a thoroughly mediocre effort. The script is a mess, indulging in numerous strange digressions that aren't as funny as they could be, and the final product just feels weird.
½ August 4, 2010
Esta pelicula basada en el personaje de el "Inspector Clouseau" y filamda luego de "The Pink Panther" y "A Shot In The Dark", sufre de varios problemas esenciales a saber: a. Alan Arkin es un buen actor, pero el no es Peter Sellers. b. El director Bud Yorkin no le llega a los talones a Blake Edwards. c. La historia y las situaciones no enganchan y son poco comicas. Si usted tiene animo de completista y siente la obligacion de ver toda la serie de "The Pink Panther", debe ver esta cinta. Si no es asi, un consejo: saltela.
½ July 27, 2010
just ok but arkin is no sellers