The Inspector General - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Inspector General Reviews

April 12, 2010
Danny Kaye was so annoying in this movie, trying to be all coy and cute, he really over did it.
½ July 7, 2009
The plot moves slowly, but Danny Kaye is absolutely brilliant. The songs are hilarious as is the plotline. I loved the film, and highly recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor.
½ March 1, 2009
:fresh: [CENTER]A delightful film with some extra comedy of Danny Kaye. I really did enjoy the ending.[/CENTER]
½ January 25, 2009
I really enjoyed this movie. Danny Kaye is one of my favorite classic actors.
½ October 26, 2008
a pretty amusing film. Danny Kaye's quirky antics are definitely the highlight. can't say the music did much for me, but the overall story was entertaining and the comedic timing was top-notch. not overly outstanding, but it's still an underrated classic.
½ October 26, 2008
½ September 2, 2008
I love Danny Kaye. That being said, this wasn't my favorite movie of his. It does pass a quiet evening though. Plus, the bonus is that it can help teach my son that honesty really is the best policy.
½ June 16, 2008
As a movie it's pretty mediocre fair - but as a showcase for the amazing Danny Kaye, it's absolutely fantastic. That man was a legend!
½ June 9, 2008
Truth and justice triumphs with some great prop comedy, and comdedy... great old time classic!
May 13, 2008
Not exactly the pinnacle of Danny Kaye's storied career. It's still alright.
April 15, 2008
I first watched this when I was a young boy, and loved it! Danny Kaye was fabulous & Basil Rathbone as the villain...what more could you want. To anyone who didn't enjoy this movie...what not enough swearing or gore?????
April 3, 2008
funny tale - good laughs
March 16, 2008
Danny Kaye is in top form here. His enthusiasm has no limits, and this is one of the prime showcases for the performer at his spirited, entertaining best. How I wish I could have known this man. Thank you, Danny Kaye.
March 11, 2008
How do you spoof a farce? Get Danny Kaye, that's how.
½ March 4, 2008
Yay! This always makes me think of Amanda, which always makes me think of good times! And vice-versa! Arrogant, Elegant, and Smart! That's DK in this movie!
March 1, 2008
One of the less quality, more comedic Danny Kaye films. The story, though clever, has little substance and much of the film is snoozable, but it is indeed, another vehicle for Danny Kaye's fantastic talent, and therefore really very funny at many points.
February 14, 2008
One of my all time favorites. A fantastic musical comedy. Hilarious.
February 14, 2008
I LOVE Danny Kaye!!! This movie is Hilarious!!!
January 19, 2008
One of the best movies of ALL time! Can't get enough of Danny Kaye...