Instinct Reviews

• Jan 14, 2020

This movie is amazing and I don't know why the ratings don't reflect that. I watch it every time it's on. I wish they would play it more often. It's a moving story and captivated me instantly.... These critics must not appreciate Anthony Hopkins true natural ability to draw you into to the characters. He's amazing in anything he undertakes. 📽🎞🎬 is his passion.

• Sep 28, 2019

A critical and box office failure because it says what nobody wants to hear: mainly that modern society is a prison in which we've exchanged our real natural freedom for an illusion of safety and control, all while being ruled over by those whose defining characteristic is taking from the Earth and others.

• Jun 01, 2017

The movie is absolutely fantastic

The movie is absolutely fantastic

• Jan 30, 2016

One of my favorite movies ever. The question arises: Are we really better off living in society? Is all that we gain from doing so really greater than that of what we are losing? Tangible vs Intangible...Material world vs spiritual world...and does the good outweigh the evil within man?

• Jan 25, 2016

Sentimental nature vs. culture drama with no nuances or surprises. It would have helped the story a bit if Lynn and Theo had hooked up for real.

• Jul 20, 2015

A great story backed up by some powerhouse acting. Everyone needs to see this!

A great story backed up by some powerhouse acting. Everyone needs to see this!

• May 10, 2015

Double sigh. Anthony Hopkins with long hair living with Gorillas. Anthony Hopkins in mental hospital/prison. Things happen. Anthony disappears. Second sigh: dubbed in German.

• Apr 08, 2015

It's certainly not a groundbreaking film, but Hopkins is electric in most roles, and this movie was during Goooding's prime. The interplay between the two is entertaining. Aside from their relationship, most everything else feels forced.

• Mar 30, 2015

Anthony Hopkins performance should have been built around a better movie.

Anthony Hopkins performance should have been built around a better movie.

• Oct 01, 2014

I'm watching Instinct (1999)

I'm watching Instinct (1999)