Interrogation (Przesluchanie) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Interrogation (Przesluchanie) Reviews

½ January 29, 2018
Harrowing account of the horrors of political oppression.
May 26, 2013
Woah, a very rugged and ugly film. A pretty girl, get's drunk, gets arrested and she won't have a plesant stay as an inmate. This film will definitely be remembered for a long time. It has fantastic acting and is one of the most gruesome films I have ever seen - even without much gore. It's s good film - like "Schindler's List" is a good film. Dark and very sad, especially not for everyone. It's long, but it develops pretty good so it doesn't feel that long.

I can't say that I enjoyed it, but I liked it. A different prison film that got that grim mood like "I Stand Alone" or "Clean Shaven". It was banned for a long time, and I can see why - even if it's not especially graphic.
Powerful and mighty film.

8.5 out of 10 too many vodka shots.
ElCochran90
December 31, 2012
Since 1982, it took seven years for this cult political masterpiece to be released widely after the dissolution of the Soviet block due to its notably offensive nature against Stalinist opression and Communist ideals (all for the right reasons, if you ask me). It may be hard to identify oneself with Tonia prior to her sentence and afterwards too, which shouldn't distract the audience from a genuine performance. Powerful and face-punching testament against the abuse of authorities and the senselessness involved in the obsessive idea of your actions necessarily meaning any political act (sigh...).

98/100
August 5, 2012
No comment can express it. Amazing performance by Janda and a very real, scary portrait of the hidden weapon of communism.
May 28, 2012
A disturbingly shocking film- banned for 8 years--Gripping and heartbreaking!!
½ December 1, 2011
just how scary life can be
August 8, 2011
Tough film from Poland starring Krystyna Janda (from Man of Marble and Man of Iron) that got her the Best Actress award at Cannes, it's about a singer in the 1950s who has a night on the town, gets extremely drunk, and wakes up in prison being accused of a crime she didn't commit. Taking place during the Stalinist Poland, this film was banned for several years in Poland (it was made in 1982 yet it was shown at Cannes in 1989). There are some pretty disturbing scenes and Janda's transformation through the course of the film is heartbreaking. Granted, I'm not too familiar with the politics and history of Poland during those years, so some of this was a little confusing to me, it's not so much about the politics as it is about maintaining ones dignity.
½ February 12, 2011
Niby mocny w formie, ale jakos mnie nie wciagnal. Janda jak zwykle - swietna!
January 10, 2011
Sch┼?adzanie i urzekaj─?cy obraz ┼╝ycia w sowieckiej tajnej policji prowadzone w Polska, 1950
January 23, 2010
'Przesluchanie' is as interesting as much for its origins in Stalinist Poland (and thus unsurprisingly banned); Bugajski's and others' courage in making it cannot be overestimated - amidst the gloriously low-budget scenic fetishism, there is brilliant lampooning of the terrifying bumbling incompetence of a totalitarian state, rather than the stereotypical Orwellian brutal efficiency one's used to in books and movies
January 22, 2010
One of the masterpieces, where the less said the better for fear of diluting the horrible impact of this film.
½ February 21, 2009
Janda! Janda! Janda! :)
February 9, 2009
Wedlug mnie, najbardziej antykomunistyczny polski film, potem tylko "Czlowiek z zelaza". Polska w okresie najgorszego syfu, brudna, stalinowska, czerwona. Niezwykle studium psychologiczne politycznego wieznia niczym z "Procesu" Kafki i metod jakich uzywalo SB. Przejmujacy do szpiku kosci.
Janda przeszla tu sama siebie, i po tym poznaje sie klase aktorki. Jedna z pierwszych dobrych rol Ferencego.
Obowiazkowa pozycja dla kazdego Polaka.
Tylko prose zmiencie rok produkcji bo widze blad - powinno byc 1982.
½ January 5, 2009
what a mind f*&* seriously intense, seriously painfull to watch
January 1, 2009
trully beauty...manifestation of LIBERTY...searching for humanity,truth