Interstate 60 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Interstate 60 Reviews

½ December 28, 2016
Metaphorical and inspiring, based on the strengths of life points, by the growth of man to the passage to adulthood, all'accetazione itself, enjoyable scenes created by a good cast
September 23, 2016
Crazy movie! So good it sticks in your head. Defies any category. Thinking people will agree; non-thinkers will get a kick out of it in some parts too!
March 26, 2016
Loved it! If you like Back To The Future...then my guess is that you will love this too. :)
January 26, 2016
This is a movie that I enjoyed more than the rating would imply. It's actually a fairly underrated little movie that has gone, largely, forgotten. Yet, at the same time, there's something about the film that makes it so that I don't think the film is better than just the 3 stars that it gets. Just don't know why. The film, very much, is structured like a series of skits on Neal's road trip as he searches for an answer. But I didn't actually have much of a problem with that skit-like structure. I think it actually is to the benefit of the film and what O.W Grant is trying to get Neal to accomplish, trying to think about the box and trying to put an end to preconceived notions of how things should be. Perhaps it's just the fact that the movie just doesn't have a lot of depth, it's fairly straightforward and simple to follow. Neal's looking for an answer to what he wants his life to be and not what his father wants it to be. So the film, again, it's about Neal's search for answers and all the people he meets on the way to getting them. Like I said, the film is like a series of skits, but, as opposed to when I use this comparison in shitty raunchy comedies, at least in this movies, the skits are really entertaining. Plus, again, it all serves to help Neal find out who he really is as a person. The best of all these skits would have to be the one where the entire town is comprised of lawyers who constantly sue each other for frivolous reasons. It sounds silly, and it is, but it's well-written and it leads to some funny moments. The acting is more than solid, it would almost have to be when you have people like Gary Oldman and Christopher Lloyd in your cast. James Marsden is always likable and that's no different here. He gives off a vibe, at least in this movie, of an everyman, despite coming from a family that's very well off. It's easy to relate to this character. The film has a really strong supporting cast, I already mentioned Gary, who is literally a troll in this movie, and Christopher, but you also have Chris Cooper doing a great job as a man who disapproves of lying to the point that he threatens to blow himself, and everybody else, up if they don't admit to the truth. This leads to the some of the funniest moments in the film when Bob, Chris' character, is called as a character witness for Neal's trial for running over a cat that he didn't actually run over. There are some romantic aspects to the film, but I don't think that James Marsden and Amy Smart had much chemistry. Like there was no spark between them. Which is a problem when Neal's entire journey is searching for this girl that he keeps seeing on billboards leading him to her. Though, to be fair, they didn't have much screen time together. But the time they did have, they just didn't show anything. Amy Smart is good as well, but, again, there's not much spark or life to her romance with James' character. The film is well-written with a lot of good dialogue and interesting ideas, but I don't think the film plays with these concepts as effectively as they could've. Admittedly, however, this was meant to be more of a crowd-pleaser than anything else, so at least it accomplished its purpose. It's flawed, but it's still a real enjoyable movie and I'd definitely recommend it if you have Amazon Prime. It'll, at least, keep you entertained for 2 hours.
June 5, 2015
A vaguely cute movie. It could have been so much better than it actually was. The main character was extremely pretty, but not terribly convincing as the tortured art lover. His award winning painting reminded me of a Thomas Kincade mass-produced print. The desert scenes made me somewhat homesick, but that was as much emotion as I could come up with for this film. (The opening scene with Michael J. Fox was the funniest part of the film!)
½ May 9, 2015
The screenplay makes this film interesting enough.
½ March 17, 2015
A strange but thought provoking little movie.
October 27, 2014
Hell. To. The. Yes. Pure magic.
October 24, 2014
My all time favorite movie, it's got great acting, engaging characters and a fascinating plot. One of those movies you'll want to watch again as soon as it finishes. A funny and outstanding movie. One that everyone should see.
½ October 17, 2014
Really enjoyed this!
June 3, 2014
Great film! It feels like an adult fairy tale.
½ May 10, 2014
???? ??? ?????? ?? ????? ????????...
February 3, 2014
I thought this was a brilliant movie. Very different from the other normal crap movies out there. It kept me entertained from beginning to end.
½ December 19, 2013
A Mystical Road Trip With More Truth Than You Think--Great fun...Shows up the idiocy of humanity but counters with our strengths!!
November 20, 2013
At Neal's (James Marsden) 23rd birthday party he makes a wish. Then, after opening his presents he is hit on the head and falls unconscious. When he wakes in Hospital he begins a mysterious journey down a highway that doesn't exist...Interstate 60. The journey changes his life forever as he is chased across the country by police, thrown in Jail, framer for murder and ultimately lead to the girl of his dreams.

also stars Amy Jo Johnson, Amy Smart, Gary Oldman, Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Chris Cooper and Ann-Margaret.

directed by Bob Gale.
½ November 16, 2013
Truly awesome and unique movie
½ June 5, 2013
A magical sleeper of a movie
May 27, 2013
A transendental joy ride to an imaginary world. I love this movie. One of the most moving comedies ever made.
½ March 23, 2013
If you're into magic, this is a fun movie about a young man who embarks on a road trip... on a freeway that doesn't apparently exist, and meets a group of strange yet incredibly gifted people along the way.