Interstellar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Interstellar Reviews

½ May 26, 2017
Interstellar stands as one of the greatest science fiction movies made of the 21st century so far, and I hope that human colonization of space does become achievable and flawless.
½ May 26, 2017
A pretentious self-serious mess of a movie. Visually its pretty cool. But the characters and dialogue really make me cringe. Especially Anne Hathaway's speech about love transcending time and space. This film is 2 hours and 49 minutes long. At least an hour could've easily been shaved off. The best part involves a roughly 20 minute segment where Matt Damon as a crazed stranded astronaut comes into conflict with Matthew McConaughey's crew. As for the rest? Don't waste your time and money. Speaking of McConaughey, he's basically playing the same philosophizing pseudo-intellectual we see in those Lincoln car commercials. Christopher Nolan tries so hard to make 'Interstellar' this generation's '2001: A Space Odyssey', making it even more of a colossal failure than it already is.
May 24, 2017
Interstellar is a movie that fills the imagination with wonder. It has a mystical soundtrack, and a great cast. I will not spoil anything, but the ending is kind of stupid, but forgivable. Overall, the story and acting is great, and I do indeed recommend this.
½ May 22, 2017
Interstellar satisfies as a sci-fi adventure, but it's also a thoughtful and mentally challenging film. It's gorgeous visual style and slick plot can only be matched by the cast's performances, the story ideas and gripping character growth.
May 18, 2017
'Interstellar' looks good, but, in keeping with Christopher Nolan's signature style, it's overlong and pretentious. McConaughey gives an emotional performance, and Caine does a good job with what little he's given, but there's too much focus on trying to appear deep and not enough actual depth.
May 12, 2017
One of the most amazing movies I have ever seen in my life. It made you cry of both beauty and sadness, and awe at the amazing questions it poses about humanity. Your mind boggles at the pure nature of this film. It left me with a mouth wide open. Absolutely magnificent.
May 12, 2017
It has flaws,but I still love it
May 11, 2017
Best movie i have seen in recent years.
Recommend re watching the film to get the full understanding.
½ May 9, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: The core achievement of this ambitious film truly is that it grips you with despair in each moment. This is thanks to some extremely touching character development that Nolan manages to protray perfectly (with help from some great acting.) It ticks the emotional engagement box just as well as it ticks the spectacle box too, because 'Interstellar' is visually stunning, and features yet another incredible Zimmer soundtrack. Also, as per Nolan, we get some extremely thought provoking themes explored, and this time it's truly mind-bending
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Mind-bending it is, because the physics and concepts in this film are very hard to get your head around, and that does come slightly at the expense of an understandable narrative yet again.
VERDICT: Interstellar is incredible, and each moment is very gripping and engaging. It will leave you feeling thrilled and amazed, if slightly confused too
May 9, 2017
It's about time that we have a movie that actually represents reality in space travel.......and adds a human element.......and is the best music score since Star Wars 1977
½ May 7, 2017
Director Christopher Nolan continues to be my favorite. Interstellar is a reflective journey that those who think about mankind's destination will enjoy. Some of it isn't entirely coherent. It isn't a masterpiece like some of Nolan's work, but it is still worthy of Nolan.
May 7, 2017
The idea that this movie sets up is pretty interesting. A team has to go find a place in another galaxy that can support human life. But the execution is lacking a bit. There is a lot of strong stuff here, especially the parts with Matt Damon. But how everything resolves in the last 30 minutes or so was a bit ridiculous. It is too long, and takes too long to get going. What I like about this movie is that it is definitely memorable and something you want to run out and talk to other people about (unless you are me and miss the boat by three years). I wish it was better because I love Christopher Nolan. It just didn't quite stick the landing (maybe its spin rate was off a bit).
May 6, 2017
Cool robot, ok humans, dumb fantasy ending. Matthew McConaughey's charm makes up for its faults, I guess.
½ May 6, 2017
A great space odyssey, simply mind-blowing even if you do feel lost at some points in the movie but this is the mastery of Christopher Nolan; to amaze the audience.
April 26, 2017
nolan brings to life one of the best sci fy movies ever. It starts great coversation and left me sad. the suggestive elements and theories implemented changed my outlook on space exploration, time, and environmental issues. alot can be taken from this film making it an all time classic/must see. thanks for delivering Nolan. cant wait to see what he does next.
April 23, 2017
A little bit corny but I loved it. An epic space film that's very trippy.
April 21, 2017
Hard to understand in someparts (intelectually). But it is a Masterpiece.
April 20, 2017
Interstellar is an insightful and extremely entertaining film for a science fiction fans (people who prefer action-based movies may not enjoy it as much). There are a few plot holes and the story gets a little ridiculous at times yet the admirable special effects and good character development make up for it.
April 20, 2017
It makes me sick to know that the new Ghostbusters movie has a higher score than Interstellar. Rotton Tomatoes should be ashamed for having such moronic critics on their website. Interstellar is an amazing movie.
April 19, 2017
The next best thing next to Inception. Bravo Chris Nolan.