Interstellar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Interstellar Reviews

January 22, 2017
Typical Nolan: you walk away wondering if you saw genius or just another visionary director who needs a visionary editor.
½ January 21, 2017
I just want to even out the score. I think this movie is worth at least 86. It has so much humanity in this sc-fi movie, about time, about age. The acting is awesome. The score is brilliant. Over all I think it's a brilliant movie.
January 20, 2017
One of the best science fiction movies I have ever seen. Intersteller tangles fiction with physics and the product is a gripping movie with outstanding music, impeccable cast and an irreplaceable story. Hail Marry!!
January 20, 2017
One of the most satisfying movie i have ever seen, i am thankful to guys who made this movie, thanks a lot
DrStrangeblog
½ January 18, 2017
Engrossing, though not riveting, and far from the masterpiece time magazine tried to indicate with their cover story. Heavily influenced by both close and counters and especially 2001, interstellar does manage some moments of transcendence and also works in part as a contemplation about man's place in the universe, how such a tiny entity can cope with living across such.inconceivable space. I liked how the Knowlens left it for the viewer to figure out this future earth they have envisioned without needing to spell every little detail. McConaughey does solid work as the reluctant spaceman , but I felt Anne Hathaway was lacking as his scientist colleague. At least she managed to give a speech about how love may be the undiscovered dimension That controls the universe without cracking up. And how weird is it that both Jessica Chastain and especially marooned astronaut Matt Damon both show up here fresh from their similar roles in the Martian?
½ January 18, 2017
Sure, it's a bit much, but I have to admit that I enjoyed it. Some strong - or at least committed - performances, an interesting premise, a cool robot and some nice scenery make this one watchable. If you liked Contact you are most likely to appreciate this one as well as it goes a bit beyond sci-fi. I saw the ending coming. Might have gained an extra half star had I not. Be warned: it's loooooong.
January 15, 2017
One movie of amazing exquisiteness written with expertise well thought out and emotionally compelling. Interstellar is a timeless classic of phenomena.
½ January 11, 2017
This is not a movie. This is an experience.
January 11, 2017
Interstellar is one of best movies that I saw. It's complex and beautiful as the Universe.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.7/10 - 4.7/5
January 10, 2017
One of the Greatest...
January 9, 2017
the segment with the original track "S.T.A.Y." --- goosebumps.
January 7, 2017
Fascinating. The first time I've seen Hollywood successfully bridge the connection between science and spirituality. One of the most thought provoking movies I've ever seen.
January 6, 2017
A controversial thought, but I don't think to kindly of Christopher Nolan, I consider him rather, a one-hit wonder (the Dark Knight).
½ January 4, 2017
Keeps you going, an adventure/action film for sure.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 3, 2017
Was In-terstellar as en-tertaining as the previews made us to believe? Or were Christopher Nolan's plans of being a groundbreaking spectacle in-tercepted? The answer is yes...to both actually. A round of applause should be given to Mr. Nolan for being the innovative filmmaker he is and for pushing the envelope to give folks exceptionally good movies. It's hard for me to name many out there like him in today's Hollywood. With that being said, as enjoyable as this film is to watch does that make it without flaw? Absolutely not. Halfway in I already knew how the story was going to end. Well at least the mystery of why pieces of literature kept falling off of Matthew McConaughey's daughter's bookshelf. However, I chalk this up it's director finally folding under the pressure that his movies may be a little too hard to interpret. Apparently, contrary to the belief a lot of people must not like ambiguous endings and therefore I believe that's why Interstellar is so much more straightforward than Mr. Nolan's previous exploits. Even still, there are a few key events thay are left to question. Visually the movie is second to none. Overall, it is not as disappointing as I've heard some say but not as wonderful as I wanted it to be.
½ January 2, 2017
Solid Movie! Amazing Performances All Around! Awesome Visual Effects (the wormhole was spectacular!) AND IT HAS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN!!!!!!!! (And Matt Damon too)
January 2, 2017
Great science fiction, beautifully executed. I'm so happy that I saw this in 3D at the IMAX theatre.
December 31, 2016
nolan brings to life one of the best sci fy movies ever. It starts great coversation and left me sad. the suggestive elements and theories implemented changed my outlook on space exploration, time, and environmental issues. alot can be taken from this film making it an all time classic/must see. thanks for delivering Nolan. cant wait to see what he does next.