Into Great Silence Reviews

• Dec 28, 2017

I am a little surprised this is rated as highly as it is but l guess it's because the reviews are written by people drawn to this type of movie. I really like slow, meditative films like this which allow the pictures to speak. My companion fled the movie after two hours but this works for me. Star Wars it ain't.

• Jul 05, 2014

If you can manage the almost-three hour running time, you may find this pensive documentary to your liking.

• Jul 20, 2013

What Gröning did is quite an accomplishment. It's so interesting to watch what the monks do on an everyday basis. I found it fascinating, although not very easy to watch. The (as I recall, maybe I'm wrong) last scene, where the monks are in the mountain, ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATED me, since it reminds you, after all you have seen at that point, what they are, and the enormous gap between "use" and "them" suddenly becomes a lot shorter.

• Jan 22, 2013

Pedazo de documental. Rotundo. No se puede hacer algo de menos de 2 horas que valga la pena. Gracias Señor.

• Dec 28, 2012

Considering the title it is a noisy film with the clatter of the day to day life in the monastery an enigma! But it is true to life. A haunting film that grasps you and drags you into their lives. The " still small voice of God" proclaimed in the first scenes clearly speak to these men through the clamour. Life changing if you let it!

• Nov 24, 2012

as i read through abunch of wonderous reviews I found the only one out of place being someone who said this film is like "watching paint dry"...i thought I would prove them wrong and agree with the rest of the reviews. After 14 minutes though- i found myself watching the lights of my laptop reflect off my wall or watching my second computers defragment process tick away. This just wasnt interesting at all, its artsy and I'm sure the rest of the 3 hours were full of that...but still- really....i guess you need to be a monk to find any interest or someone whos really into wanting to be one....i am neither at this point.

• Jun 24, 2012

not alot of sound or movement.

not alot of sound or movement.

• May 15, 2012

Sorry, tried watching it like 3xs.... wordless, basically soundless documentary, just kept making me hit the pillow....

• Apr 04, 2012

Good movie, but is very long.

Good movie, but is very long.

• Apr 04, 2012

Ascetismo y devoción, Rutina y Discipliina. Sorprendente narración casi sin palabras, hermosísima fotografía (sometida a reglas estrictas pero no por ello similar al Dogma) y el tiempo... que trastoca la lógica urbana. Neutral, pero no por ello invita menos a la reflexión. Menos torturante de lo imaginado... pero sí demandante.