Intrigo: Death of an Author Reviews

• Sep 17, 2020

I hate watching movies and then realized I wasted my damn time.. We never found out what really happened with his wife, and the ending made no damn sense at all

• Sep 06, 2020

I think the critics nailed it with their 10% score. In trying to get viewers to decide what is fact vs. fiction and how the story of the lead character's wife's disappearance parallels the disappearance of a famous writer, my wife and I had to hit the pause button a number of times to ask each other "now, what just happened there?" Sadly, I predicted the reveal about halfway through the movie. And the ending? Just. Plain. Dumb.

• Jul 23, 2020

Great movie! Very suspenseful...will keep you guessing until the end. You'll want to watch it without any distractions (in order to pick up on the little clues throughout). I definitely recommend!

• Jul 09, 2020

In an era where the viewer already knows how a movie ends based on the trailer spoiling everything to save audience time to decide whether they want to see how it all plays out, I realize that this movie won't appeal to many of you. Intrigo is a slow-burn, it returns to an era pre-Nouvelle Vague where every transition is shown. This movie was a breath of fresh air, its scenes meticulously building up the anticipation for a promised pay off, only to never receive the pay off you were expecting; instead, we're told to stop wondering, we'll never know and we get a different climax at the end, one that we didn't even know we wanted. Life is disappointing at times, we won't always have all our questions answered, but if you dwell on one subject for too long you'll miss everything else that happens. I like this film a lot. Of course, it's relative, I'm sick of the ADHD style of filmmaking.

• Apr 11, 2020

twisted u brain till the end.

twisted u brain till the end.

• Jan 27, 2020

This is not a movie for viewers who like lots of action. It's more of an intellectual mystery that requires the viewer to pay close attention. At first, some of the events don't seem to make much sense, but most of it comes together at the end with a nice twist. Still, one big mystery - how a major character survived a murder attempt - is never revealed.

• Y Morales
    Jan 17, 2020

Must see! Love Hakan Nesser!

Must see! Love Hakan Nesser!