Intruders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Intruders Reviews

March 20, 2014
All in this movie is fine until the last 20 minutes.
February 25, 2014
A lesson in spooky storytelling which feels fairly fresh in terms of its plot and has a very good style to it that befits this genre.
February 21, 2014
Really like Clive Owen as a actor but the story and script here are plain awful which results in a very below average movie
February 15, 2014
IT's effectively creepy and started well but it falls kinda flat midway thru.
February 8, 2014
This movie is on my top 5 of the worst movies ever.
The trailer of this movie was actually pretty good and makes you wanna see the movie.
The movie starts promising and then everything just goes wrong.The acting, the plot, the whole movie in general is so bad and disappointing.
This could be a good horror movie but they tried to turn it in a psychological thriller and they achieved to make one of the worst movies of this millennium.
February 7, 2014
Sometimes a movie is marketed as a horror movie but when you go to watch it it isn't. While this isn't a bad thing, your expectation is on one level but your getting something else. This is the case with this movie.
Now this isn't to say this was a horrible movie, because it wasn't. It was very well made and has some very tense moments. It most of all has a great concept and fantasy like story. It almost felt like a bedtime story to scare the bejesus out if kids.
I recommend this but with a warning that it is not a straight up horror movie but more of a psychological thriller. Check it out if you see it for rental or cheap to buy.
½ February 4, 2014
Very interesting film
February 2, 2014
Unscary and deeply confusing, it doesn't make much sense until the end - by which time it's too late to care
December 31, 2013
Peli entretenida,aunque no se termina de entender,como que no tiene final, se puede ver,es una historia,pero esperaba algo mas
6/10
½ November 17, 2013
Silly. Cm on Clive. Donna and Con liked it.
November 14, 2013
okie movie story hard to get in to a sleeper
½ November 11, 2013
Intruders is not perfect, and the ending is hit or miss, but the overall journey is definitely worth it.
½ October 18, 2013
good show twist at end wasnt overly predictable
October 6, 2013
Don't watch the trailers! Skip straight to the movie.
½ October 4, 2013
It would have been really great if this movie turned out to be a Spanish movie, has its moments. A good movie for a rainy day..
September 30, 2013
A movie with an interesting concept that is undone by its stupidly idiotic twist in its last act. It's the type of twist where you are absolutely required to pretend that everything happened previously isn't important or relevant. And that's really the worst type of twist, because it's just done just for the sake of it and not because it actually makes sense in the context of the story you're telling. I don't wanna say it was unexpected but I would say that I wasn't actually expecting them to do this twist because it would just be so utterly stupid and it would make everything you just watched prior to it unimportant. I'm gonna spoil it because I don't really care. The movie basically tells two parallel stories. One is of a Spanish boy who is being haunted by a faceless monster and his mother's attempt to protect him from it. The second is of a girl who's being haunted by a "demon" after she finds a story another person wrote describing a monster named Hollowface and this "demon" puts her and her family in danger. It turns out that the boy from Spain was actually Clive Owen's character and he was the one who left the story that his daughter found in the tree. Basically everything that John wrote in his story actually did happen, except that it was his father. As he writes this story, as a child, his father becomes a monster and, I suppose, that was to help him cope with what happened. That's all fine and dandy, it's actually a good idea in theory. The problem then comes in when John's daughter starts to see, and in some cases even NAME, the monster that he created, why he wouldn't just put two and two together? And some apologists might say that he was so traumatized by his experience that he then 'forgot' it. Which would be fine, if he didn't write the fucking story in the first place. If you just want to forget about and put it as far away from your mind as possible, would you write a story? So I think that's really a bullshit excuse, and it sure as shit requires a lot of reaching for straws to come up with that excuse for why John wouldn't, instantly, know that his daughter read the story he wrote. It's a twist that requires you to completely forget what you've just seen and it was absolutely terrible. One of the worst twists I've ever seen really. And that's not to say the movie was good prior to that, it had an intriguing set-up but everything after the girl starts being haunted by Hollowface is typical horror cliches. And it's not even really that scary, I can probably count on one hand the number of halfway decent scares this movie had, so it makes watching particularly tedious. A horror movie without decent scares is bad enough, but if there was at least some unintentional comedy it could make things easier to sit through. Nope, there's no unintentional comedy either, it's just a bad movie with a terrible twist. Yep, this is just no good and I can't really recommend it. There's just nothing that's really redeemable about this movie.
½ September 27, 2013
terrible. . fell asleep half way
September 20, 2013
Very hard to understand the dual story lines up until a certain point. Clive Owen is a strong presence throughout this film.
½ September 15, 2013
53%
I found myself enjoying the first half and the ideas it imposed, but the film just falls flat from there. And the ending was stupid. Really stupid.
September 4, 2013