Invader Zim - Mini-Disc 2 Reviews

• Oct 29, 2017

GREAT ANIMATION GREAT VOICE ACTING AND GREAT STORY the only thing I can find bad about it isn't even that bad and its an either or thing even thought its good for me maybe not good for little kids is the dark humor but that's nitpicking besides that ITS AN AMAZING SHOW

• Dec 09, 2016

Nunca pude disfrutar de Invasor Zim en su época en que estaba en trasmisión en el antes decente Nickelodeon, y saben que, no me arrepiento, ya que la serie no me mato mucho. Ojo, no estoy diciendo que la serie sea mala, simplemente me esperaba algo más, algo que muchos pintaban como una obra imprescindible de ver, es solo una serie normal que solo busca perturbar al espectador, como lo era Billy y Mandy, solo que aquí son invasiones y muchos gritos con ataques de epilepsia. Lo que si vale la pena de observar en esta obra de Jhonen Vasquez son ciertos episodios que abarcan los 20 minutos completos del nuevo tema que trataban en el capítulo. Cosa que me crea una emoción para que anuncien una nueva obra de esta franquicia, y ver, al menos para mi gusto y deseo, ver que Zim domine el planeta tierra de forma definitiva (¿al menos en el episodio de Navidad se puede deducir que lo logro?). Menciones especiales para la buena animación (es descuidada en ciertas partes xD), y a ciertos personajes, como es el caso de Tak, que es mi personaje favorito. PD: Para los que vieron Panty and Stocking, ¿Nunca creyeron que Gir se parecía a Chuck? Ya que me parece gracioso que hasta el propio Vasquez le hizo reír esa parodia, diciendo: "Parece que Chuck está desaprovechado en el programa, pero creo que es lo mejor que pudieron hacer con el poco cerebro que le quedó después de toda esa heroína."

• Apr 15, 2014

I couldn't find the rest of the show on the site, so I'll just put my review here, hehe. From the incredibly twisted mind of Jhonen Vasquez (who also brought us such gems as Squee and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac), this insanely funny cartoon can only be described as exactly that: crazy. I saw it for the first time at a friend's house party. We were all pretty wasted by the time the host decided to put this cartoon on, and I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life. And re-watching it again when I was sober proved that it really is good, and not just something to laugh at while drunk. Gir has to be one of the cutest and most hilarious little cartoons to ever hit the screen. He's not stupid, he's advanced! 8/10, very enjoyable!

• Apr 15, 2014

• Nov 13, 2013

Might as well review a classic. It's animation had a few errors once in a while but is forgiven with its little details in the background and such. I like all of the characters and I can't find one to hate. I'll say my favorite is Dib, the rival against our main character. Speaking of which, the story is interesting but feels like there should have been more to it. Well, I can excuse it considering it was canceled so... It's very dark when you consider that Zim was sent to Earth in the first place because the Tallest wanted him dead or Dib knows that Zim is an alien but no one believes him and call him insane. I could go on and on but it was a good show while it lasted. In fact, the last episode was a Christmas episode so if you consider that... never mind. Like I said, good show.

• Nov 21, 2011

Invader Zim is one of those shows that will take over and invade your heart, its simply one of the best cartoons I have ever seen since Ed, Edd, and Eddy. The Voice Acting is witty, and the humor is out-of-this-world awesome, though for a very short series, it does not fail to entertain, show it to the kids, but BE WARNED, there may be some scenes that may scare them I wouldnt show to kids under 4, give it a shot :D

• Jun 23, 2011

Personal Score: 10/10 I don't know what the whole "mini-disc 2" up there is about, but consider this my review of the entire 27-episode show. I'll put this simply: Invader Zim is the funniest cartoon I've ever watched. I own the series, and have probably watched it now about 40 times per episode (this may be an over or understatement). Every single episode of this show makes me laugh, and has since I was fortunate enough to discover it 10 years ago. The show features a host of hilarious characters and outrageous situations. The premise of it is that Zim is from a race of aliens called the Irken. The race has their sites set on taking over the entire universe, and their leaders, called The Almighty Tallest (because height is everything to an Irken), assign invaders to bring about the downfall of each planet. In the first episode, we watch as the Tallest perform The Great Assigning. In the middle of it, they are interrupted by an Irken named Zim, who is determined to be assigned as well. We find out that Zim had previously been banished to Planet Food Courtia, but he quit when he found out about The Great Assigning ("You quit being banished?"). Zim is a tremendous thorn in the Irken side, and was even responsible for the devastation of the first attempt to dominate the universe (called Operation Impending Doom 1). But the Tallest quickly decide to send Zim off to a little, unknown, and meaningless planet called Earth, telling him that his is a special assignment. Zim is also given a small robot like the other invaders. These units are called SIR units. But this little robot, created on the fly by the Tallest out of a trash can, calls himself GIR. GIR is, if there's no other reason, why you should watch Invader Zim. He is really cute, completely insane, eats like a college student, and is absolutely HILARIOUS! When Invader Zim and GIR arrive on Earth (after a 6 month trip in which GIR continueously sang the "Doom Song"), they are eventually greeted by Dib, a big-headed would-be paranormal investigator, who also happens to be the only person who believes that Zim is an alien (well, his sister Gaz does too, but she just doesn't care). Dib and Zim are immediate enemies, and watching their hilarious feud throughout this series is tremendously entertaining. Invader Zim is such a great show, and it's really a shame that it was given only 2 seasons. It may have been a bit much for the Nickelodean crowd, but if released today on Cartoon Network I suspect it'd be one of their most popular shows. Every character in this show is really funny and likeable, and for many different reasons. There are also an incredible amount of sight and sound gags littered throughout the 27 episodes (I still discover new ones when I watch). This show also has the funniest Christmas special of any animated show I've ever seen, which also happens to be the final episode. If you've never had a chance to watch this show, then now is the time. It's fun and funny and gets better with each viewing. I wish there was more of it to enjoy, but it's a fact that leaving people wanting more is often the best thing for a show, which is probably why this has such a devoted following, myself included.