Invictus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Invictus Reviews

½ January 20, 2015
Discreta e inspiradora pelicula de Eastwood.
January 20, 2015
I love feel good Sports Dramas. I also love Rugby, Morgan Freeman and people posting photos of Morgan Freeman on social media thinking he had died when Mandela had.

A great film. A great moment in history. Unless you were a member of the All-Blacks team suffering from food poisoning...
January 17, 2015
Damm that airplane scene made me cry
January 1, 2015
Clint Eastwood as the director and with actors like Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon this is a movie you most certainly want to see like i did. This flick is a true story based one and follows the story with the newly elected President Nelson Mandela (Freeman) joining / helping South Africa's rugby team for the World Cup serie. Excellent performances once again from Freeman and Damon but many other actors aswell. Its not quite the best flick i have seen in this typical sport drama genre and its plenty of simlilar movies out there which has been really good. Anway its a great flick and a must see on the drama list.
November 17, 2014
Beautiful. Loved it!
October 1, 2014
Admittedly a little slow going but at the heart of it - it was very inspiring and Director Clint Eastwood did a fantastic job! Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela was spot on!

Highly recommended!
September 21, 2014
This is another good but not great Eastwood film. Both Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon give exceptionally good performances. And the soundtrack for the film is worth listening to.
September 21, 2014
September 17, 2014
Morgan Freeman acting as Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first democratically elected president, remains memorable.

Clint Eastwood's sentimental piece narrates the unconventional leadership shown by the great man in bringing a racially divided nation together through the sport of rugby, once the preserve of race-obsessed white Afrikaners.

When I first saw Freeman play the part of the ground-breaking school principal in Lean On Me years before Invictus, I believed that he would play Mandela. Not only because of his acting talent. Freeman bears a remarkable resemblance to Mandela. And in Invictus he played his part to near-perfection. He nearly perfected Mandela's gravelly voice.

Clint Eastwood's team researched this project very well. Invictus, which takes its title from the book by John Carlin and the poem of the same name, is an accurate account of those heady days when Mandela united a nation, if only for a few days, and inspired a beleaguered home team, far from favourites, to win the rugby world cup. And of all the cup finals I've seen, this one takes the cake.
September 11, 2014
So inspiring and uplifting! I want to see more movies about Nelson Mandela!
½ September 8, 2014
Inaccurate but a good watch (if your South African...)
August 19, 2014
a decent film, Morgan Freeman was the best choice for Nelson Mandela.
½ August 5, 2014
Nelson Mandela: "Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon". The film tells the inspiring true story of how Nelson Mandela joined forces with the captain of South Africa's rugby team to help unite their country. Newly elected President Mandela knows his nation remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. Believing he can bring his people together through the universal language of sport, Mandela rallies South Africa's underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup Championship match. The acting in the movie was brilliant and the directing by Clint Eastwood was nothing short as fantastic. But movie goes drag in most of the scenes and the movie is kind of forgettable to be honest.
July 30, 2014
How come this movie was not nominated for an Oscar is beyond me...
July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/12/2010)
July 26, 2014
Looks to be a good drama about someone some poeple have never heard about. Plus its directed by Clint Eastwood
July 16, 2014
Didn't quite meet my expectations. It was still a solid story and Morgan Freeman was excellent as Mandela.
July 15, 2014
The most important and most entertaining game of rugby I have ever seen.
July 13, 2014
Thought provoking
June 21, 2014
morgan freeman is not at his best acting as nelson mandela he takes this role and makes it very boring directing by clint eastwood is not good either