The Invisible Circus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Invisible Circus Reviews

½ August 21, 2009
Colorless adaptation, directing (narrative) & acting.
August 9, 2009
I was tired when I was watching this movie.. and it was boring.
No good movie should be boring, eventhough you are tired...
½ August 8, 2009
When Phoebe turns 18, she travels to Europe to find out what really happened to her older sister, Faith, who went over there in the 60s and died.
I found The Invisible Circus to be somewhat entertaining. It had a decent story and managed to keep my attention. But, with the cast of Cameron Diaz, Blythe Danner, Jordana Brewster, and Christopher Eccleston I was expecting a little bit more than that.
Jordana Brewster did look great in this movie. Back before she became a sickly skinny stick figure. Her and Christopher Eccleston had really good on screen chemistry in this one. Cameron Diaz and Camilla Belle, who played younger Phoebe, really had good onscreen chemistry as well. You really believed that they were sisters who genuinely loved one another. I wish you would have seen more of the amazing Blythe Danner on screen, but I can understand why it was written the way it was.
I think I would like to read this book, I am sure it's a lot more detailed than the film. I think this film would have been a lot better had it not felt so rushed to fit everything in.
½ July 13, 2009
not a terrible movie but def not the best thing ever. Cameron Diaz was the best part about it.
½ July 5, 2009
I really liked it. Good performances and an intense storyline. I like the name of the movie more than anything.
April 29, 2009
I really didn't find this movie very interesting. It had a good story to it, but like I wasn't really into it, this movie was kind of flat.
April 3, 2009
i just saw it today ..its a real nice movie
February 1, 2009
Absolutely adored this movie - why wasn't it given more coverage, it's amazing! Diaz's character, Faith, is just wonderful in her sheer life force - it's this character that impressed me the most. She goes through so much, and it affects her so profoundly - not to mention, myself, too. Brewster's Phoebe is also fascinating in her own way - it's just a pity that the pair never got to know each other as adults.
January 5, 2009
I've just been reading about the book of this movie on Amazon, and it sounds quite interesting, so one for me to check out!
January 3, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ October 6, 2008
i think any movie with jordana brewster is good. she's so hot
½ October 6, 2008
Little seen, but hypnotic and affecting, with not only a career best performance from Diaz, but a subtle, courageous performance from Jordana Brewster.This tale of a sister searching for her missing sibling is full of beautiful locations and is shot with atmosphere. Writer/director Adam Brooks marks himself out as a film maker to watch.
June 5, 2008
Not interested in watching
June 4, 2008
I have got to give this movie a five, because has soon as it started i really enjoyed it i couldnt take my eyes off the tv because i just wanted to now what happend and what was going to happen i just thought it was brill!
½ March 3, 2008
Not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be from the trailer.
March 3, 2008
I saw this movie at Movie Gallery tonight but realized I had already seen it. It's so good, however, I could easily watch it again. Cameron Diaz is great in it. Is a very heartfelt and tender movie.
½ February 27, 2008
No where near as good as the book, and the book wasn't her best to begin with. Cameron Diaz creeped me out, I couldn't see Wolf, all I saw was the 9th Dr. Who, and Jordana Brewster seemed so young! Other than that, loved the actual footage from the 60s, the concept of the book, and the scene with the invisible circus in the house.
February 26, 2008
Just saw this movie and loved it! Why had I never heard about this before?
January 29, 2008
i saw this along time ago and i really loved it. i should see it again just incase my taste has changed lol. very sad film
January 26, 2008
Me encanto esta pelicula. La tenia en VHS, y no se si puedo conseguirla en dvd. Me encantaria porque me trae muchos buenos recuerdos. Es lindisima.