The Invisible Circus Reviews

• Marcus W Super Reviewer
    May 22, 2013

I don't know who keeps giving hippies money to make movies, but I wish they'd stop.

• Apr 19, 2012

Thursday, April 19, 2012 (2001) The Invisible Circus DRAMA MYSTERY Movie's narrator Phoebe (Jordana Brewster) who just can't get over her sister, Faith's (Cameron Diaz)suicide from some European country after being somewhat traumatize over her father's demise and eventually becomes part of a radical group supporting the repressing of the gov't against the US invasion of Vietnam. Phoebe is then being driven to seek out what really happend since she's suspicious for some resolution/ closure, and leaving her mother behind to do it by visiting those exact same places where her sister's been to. Haven't learned anything more than the last time I finished watching it since it was exactly what it was, that it was a suicide without the 'how' and the 'why' which is what this film dwells on and then I stopped caring anymore. Great production values but inspired result. 2 out of 4

• Oct 27, 2011

It is the late 1960's and the world is changing - revolution is in the air and freespirited hippy Faith O'Connor (Cameron Diaz) wants to experience life to the full. She leaves her comfortable middle class home and embarks on a reckless voyage of discovery that will take her to Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris and finally Portugal. And that is the last time that her family hears from her. Now 6 years later, Faith's younger sister, Phoebe, (Jordana Brewster) decides to follow in her footsteps - retracing each dramatic episode in her life to try and put the puzzle of her disappearance together. But what she uncovers will rock her very existence - who was the sister she thought she knew?...What trouble was she really involved in? And what really happened on that lonely Portuguese cliff? also stars Christopher Eccleston, Blythe Danner, Patrick Bergin, Camilla Belle, Moritz Bleibtreu, Isabelle Pasco and Nikola Obermann. directed by Adam Brooks.

• Sep 03, 2011

I watched this because it has an odd title and Cameron Diaz in it. Story seemed a light and some scene was totally pointless in regard to her sister's fatal fate. Average.

• Aug 31, 2011

1. The book was better. 2. I haven't seen a great performer acting SO HARD against Cameron Diaz's awfulness since "Gangs Of New York." (Jordana Brewster is pretty terrible too, though at least she is beautiful.)

• Jun 11, 2011

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Brewster's exposure is not even enough to justify the movie ticket on this one.

• Oct 27, 2010

This movie was interesting and a drama in the truest sense of the word. Performances by the cast were crisp and tender.

• Sep 26, 2010

Pavadinimas liet. kalba: Urburtas ratas. Kaip ir nieko, bet tikėjausi, kad bus labiau kokių vingių...

• Jun 02, 2010

interesting cast, interesting story. . .

interesting cast, interesting story. . .

• May 09, 2010

A brilliantly made and acted movie about both finding and dealing with ones demons. Jordana Brewsters performance as the younger sister of faith (who committed suicide) was absolutely astounding and Christopher Eccleston's performance as Faith's boyfriend was spot on with his mixture of quiet thoughtfulness and mournful suffering. Not too sure about his long wig in the flashbacks though. Other than that I was quietly impressed with the strength of this movie and will definately watch it again.