Nan er ben se (Invisible Target) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nan er ben se (Invisible Target) Reviews

½ October 21, 2015
Additional 0.5 star for the action stunts of Tse and Yu. While Wu Jing still fighting in SPL & SPL2, strong martial base.
August 30, 2014
All three main characters made a great impression. How ever the deepest was made by Jaycee, and that when he still was new in the game - such a great preformance. This is by the far most enthralling actionmovie I ever seen. When you think it's over... forget it!
½ May 2, 2014
I have found this film in the "gun fu" category on the Wikipedia, but there's next to no "gun fu" there, it's just a usual action film with fights, not at all related to a skillfull use of "gun fu". The fights are good. What is really amasing about that film is the way the "evil" characters gloat, how they do dramatic silence, acting "cool". They discuss morals. It is a very sentimental film. The cops are equally blessed with integrity and raw emotions. The characters are (arche)typical and in retrospect seem very naive but I was moved.
½ June 21, 2013
This was a surprise. I heard that Jackie Chan's son was in this film and I bought the DVD on that merit alone. I'm a huge JC fan and I wanted to see what his son could do. While not an action comedy like his father's movies, there is a "three brothers" motif here similar to the elder Chan's early work. Jaycee Chan shows that he can indeed act and the fights and stunts of the three main actors will not disappoint. The overall story is on par with most Hong Kong cinema that I've seen: huge tonal shifts and heavy on melodrama, but it's enjoyable. Overall I would say the action is by far worth checking out, and if your interested in the young Chan's start to his career, see if you can't see Invisible Target.
April 30, 2013
Fast-paced, action-packed and entertaining. Explosions and gunfire are the excuse for the lack of story and character depth.
March 18, 2013
Lightning struck hard on my side of town while I was watching this insane cops vs. bad guy flick. It's insane when the bad guys are brutal but when the cops have to team up to take on the bad guys...the fight scenes becomes...elemental. Three police officers with nothing to lose goes all out to try to stop a team of robbers that are on a murdering spree for anyone who gets in there way to reclaim the money taken from a job they once have done. Worth your while seeing Jaycee Chan (Jackie Chan's biological son) being bullied on by the bad guys AND his fellow police officers. A really nice flick of revenge and redemption.
February 3, 2013
This film is a crime against Hong Kong film and bad CGI fire.
February 2, 2013
A generic Hong Kong action flick that feels similar to the old school actioners John Woo produced in the late 80s and early 90s. Plenty of spectacular action sequences and great stunt work. It's ludicrously over the top but that's part and parcel with these type of films. Sadly the pace is uneven, it's by-the-numbers storyline is far too cliched and predictable and it's characters are bland stereotypes. It's solid visually with plenty of flair but happily abandons character development and story in favour of large explosions and special effects. Invisible Target delivers plenty of action and some humourous moments but it's overlong and ultimately gets bogged down. I can think of much better examples of Hong Kong action movies such as the John Woo and Ringo Lam films starring Chow Yun-fat and Johnnie To's excellent Running Out of Time.
December 5, 2012
Cliche & Predictable, and suffers from logical flaws in the story and also unrealisticness
½ September 11, 2012
Once again Invisible Target is another Martial Art movie that I've heard great things about, but didn't live up to those expectations much in the same way the Vietnamese Martial Art flick The Rebel. Though unlike The Rebel, Invisible is still a good effort in the genre even if it's nothing new.

Invisible Target follows three cops who team up to bring down a criminal gang of seven, who all have their own hidden agenda. The movie brings nothing new to Martial Art genre but it's done well and is largely enjoyable despite being predictable. Though it is largely uneven, the first half is action packed with enough plot to prevent it from feeling just another brainless action film. The second half of the movie is slow with minimal action set pieces, plus it doesn't help that the movie is way to long for it's own good. At two hours it just pads out scenes that are too long and stretched out to the point where you just want to fast forward to the action. The action here is great, although a little too much wire work will take out some viewers from the realism of the movie. The cast acting is almost on the same level of their fighting skills and Jaycee Chan (son of Jackie Chan) is not to bad himself, just don't expect him to do anything like his father. Invisible Target also has one of my favorite underrated Martial Artist, Wu Jing, who has done some impressive work in his career and he doesn't disappoint here. He makes a great villain and it's disappointing that he doesn't get more roles that gives him a chance to showcase his talent.

Invisible Target is predictable and nothing new in the Martial Art genre, but it still entertains thanks to a decent plot and great fight scenes. While too long for its own good you'll filled satisfied with the end result.
½ June 2, 2012
The story isn't so original, but this still is a badass film. It's action-packed and the character development is there.
½ April 25, 2012
Now this is how you make an action movie!!! It seems that parkour is not just for French action flicks anymore, but also Chinese! =D Awesome fight scenes, although somehow they seem to destroy every window in sight during them... The start of the movie is just amazing and the ending could not have been done in Hollywood.
½ April 16, 2012
Invisible Target is probably one of the best martial arts/actioners to have come out of HK in many years. I know many fans have been lamenting about how recent action movies done in HK isn't quite the same as it was years ago during the heyday of Jackie Chan in the 80?s. Well if it's the same style of action you want then you've come to the right place as this movie is full of balls-to-the-wall high octane action. The only problem with this is the story which has some plot holes and character development is thrown to the side. It's a perfectly fine movie if you don't care about that and just want to see action but I'm sure many people like to have a good balance between the two. No complaints from me though as I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I don't think I've seen so many glass smashed since the days of Police Story!! I can't fault the action sequences at all - they're all done with aplomb. Car chases, explosions, kick-ass fights and more - there's enough here to make any action fan salivate! There's even an very exciting rooftop chase quite early in the movie. The martial arts fights may be short but they're brutal.

I liked the acting from the main 3 leading characters. Nicholas Tse is great as the reckless loose cannon cop Chan Chun. A broken individual due to the death of his fiancee and willing to put his body on the line to catch criminals. Tse did a lot of the stunts in this movie himself. Equally as good is Shawn Yue as Inspector Fong - the cop with a cool charisma and who thought he was a bad ass (check out his introduction in this movie) but gets his ass whupped good and proper by Tien. Wu Jing is amazing as the villain Tien and all 3 characters have an incredible fight as we come to the climax. It takes one of the characters to sacrifice himself to finally take Tien down but before that the man is like a force of nature. There's absolutely no stopping him. Jackie Chan's son Jaycee does remarkably well in his role as Wai. The three cops get plenty of opportunities to bring their sheer energy to the breathtaking action on show and even though it may seem that there was no wirework in the movie, there was some used but it was all edited out by the power of CG.

If you need to have a bit of an Asian action fix then Invisible Target is fantastic. Director Benny Chan knows how to make a seriously good action movie and it is the action that drives the movie forward not the storyline unfortunately but if you're happy with that then this movie will not disappoint.
April 5, 2012
Entertainment wise this is just what you want from an all out action-er. I decided this about halfway through when i started caring for the three different cops, and the fighting seemed to become more interesting along with the script. Maybe it should have been called 'Breaking Glass'......although that's been used before.Anyway, this Film gets more and more exciting as it goes on. For me it's a more involving movie than 'Infernal Affairs'. The scene in the 'Mental' hospital showed the three cops different approach to questioning a suspect....and there was some unexpected humor (like when Granny walked in!) At the end of the day the fact that there are three main good guys who have varied personalities is the reason the film works so well. Looking at the reviews....How can you say it was boring! Sure it's not perfect, there are some flaws - The bus was locked etc.....But this is top drawer entertainment.
½ January 16, 2012
A very dark Hong Kong cop and gangster film. Benny Chan from the director of New Police Story makes another cop buddy type of film with lots of action, martial arts and stunts. The action is fast pace and the actors have a lot to do with their characters.
½ January 11, 2012
I liked this movie and I probably would have liked it alot more if i spoke Japanese Or Chinese or whatever language they are speaking. The movie had a really deep story line and that is pretty rare for an action movie. I remember on the front of it or something it said action junkies wont be disappointed and they were right! The kong fu was really awesome and i like that the most in action movies personally. There wasnt to much shooting of guns but there was a lot of explosions and awesome stuff so great action movie! The acting was i have no clue because i was reading the subtitles but im sure it was good.
December 7, 2011
es esta Lety la que estoy viendo
October 20, 2011
Jackie chans son in is this movie Jaycee chan how cool is that! cool action
½ September 18, 2011
nonstop action from start to finish
½ June 5, 2011
Series of action & explosion scenes couldn't cover its totally weak & illogical story, stupid dialogue-writings & immature acting from the cast then.