Ira and Abby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ira and Abby Reviews

March 20, 2015
A really cute, off beat movie. Well worth my time.
½ March 9, 2015
A little clichéd, sure, but "Ira and Abby" is funny from beginning to end, thanks to Jennifer Westfeldt's script and the irresistible chemistry between her and Chris Messina.
½ March 6, 2015
New York love story that is reminiscent of when Harry Met Sally, only Harry and Sally get married in the first five minutes that they meet. All star cast of supporting characters, sweet and funny. Chris Messina stole the show as usual, with a pre-fame (Mad Men) appearance from Jon Hamm! Definitely worth the watch.
½ September 12, 2014
Great acting, but what a neurotic little movie.
This is what Dharma & Greg would have been like on cable, or HBO.
½ August 9, 2014
Such a great take on love and marriage...
February 27, 2014
the best things in life comes unexpectedly.
January 1, 2014
It wasn't easy getting through 100 minutes with these people.
December 1, 2013
westfeldt ..what can you say ....indulge in this heartfelt storytelling about real human traits aka ambivalent motives....for my taste a real romantic comedy unlike some box office aiming crap...
½ November 27, 2013
Silly and predictable, but the chemistry between Westfeldt and Messina is strong enough to keep you watching. Enjoyable.
½ October 23, 2013
The film brings into light the complexities of people, relationships, and love. Its well fitted cast and witty screenplay dispels any cynicism.
½ June 21, 2013
Messina and Westfeldt are great. Good, fun story.
½ May 23, 2013
It's a wonderful movie!!
March 31, 2013
Crazy, if not cute, movie
January 25, 2013
I loved this quirky flick. Starting to think Jennifer Westfeldt has marriage issues after seeing this, kissing jessica stein, friends with kids and knowing she has been with john hamm for years without being married.
August 21, 2012
Pretty cute but the ending ruined it for me.
½ July 29, 2012
Another win for Jennifer Westfeldt. In disagreement with friend and Flixster reviewer, Jim Hunter, I think the group therapy session is the most amazing scene in the movie. So many overlapping arguments and grievances aired. I especially love Ira's line that criticizes Abby's penchant for people-pleasing, "It's hard being married to someone who's married to everyone."
½ May 14, 2012
There aren't enough suicide methods for this movie.
April 3, 2012
A great indie film. This film is beyond hilarious. With a great ensemble and a witty script, this film was destined for success. I don't like many comedies, but this is one of my favorites.
½ March 5, 2012
one of my absolute favorite movies. charming. it reminds me a lot of annie hall (which is an overwhelmingly lovely comparison).
January 15, 2012
A sweet but pretty much forgettable film. I'm not sure I liked anyone in it which is probably not a good sign really.