Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers Reviews

November 14, 2015
Why do we have an 18T+ debt in America...this film will show you who ran away with all that dough.
April 6, 2015
Greenwald is a lot like Michael Moore -- self-righteous, pompous, completely dishonest, and in steadfast refusal to accept anything other than the position he holds. But at least Michael Moore once, long ago, had a talent for providing provocative documentary work; Greenwald does not.
June 1, 2014
In 1987 Gordon Gekko declared "that greed, for lack of a better word, is good" I am sure even he would be sickened by the tale of greed, corruption and inhumanity. A must see.
October 19, 2013
A very good documentary about the no-bid contracts companies like Blackwater have been awarded. The kind of stuff that has been happening for years, what Eisenhower warned us about, but is never fully investigated as I believe there is a third wing to that collusion - media.
August 6, 2013
I've been to the desert nations three different times. I don't remember seeing company names in those days. We have been trained since we first entered service how to basically build a village. There are different names for different housekeeping kits such as harvest falcon, harvest bare. These kits are actually a base in a box. There are a certain amount of expandable shelters for lodging, large rubber bladders to fill with potable water, the same bladders to hold jet fuel and diesel fuel. In peacetime we watched videos, and trained to assemble these. The last time I deport November 1998 operation Desert thunder/operation Monica Lewinsky, it was to BHRAIN. When we arrived contractors had already assembled the kits, and they were already building a tent city. We were merely helpers under supervision of the contractors. Contractors prepared meals operated the "mess hall".
My first two trips to the desert 1) Kobar towers for housing. The second trip UAE, we stayed downtown multistory nice hotels, transported back and forth to the airbase.
½ July 13, 2013
wow! an eye opener!
March 14, 2013
Important to realize.
September 2, 2012
would make me too ill to see it...
June 28, 2012
$$$ over peoples lives - check
February 17, 2012
Created with one view in mind. Would have liked to have heard the other sides response. Not the most interesting film i've seen but certainly gives an insight
January 29, 2012
Every American should see this movie. A wake up call for all who love this country.
March 7, 2011
Want to see why our country is bankrupt?
February 7, 2011
Dick Cheney EXPOSED! PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED...
love the ending after the credits of the movie.
November 24, 2010
great look at one of the overlooked aspects of the current state of the military-industrial complex a must see
October 18, 2010
if this documentary doesn't shake you and make you think, "hhhmm, actually there is something completely corrupt at the heart of this war" then i don't know what will. very well put together and very, very illuminating.
July 25, 2010
Not much new at this point but still riveting.
July 18, 2010
A shocking but sloppy piece of agit prop showing corporate cronyism stealing billions, undermining security and costing lives in a privatised war...

Established documentarian Robert Greenwald (‚??Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price‚?? & ‚??Uncovered: The War on Iraq‚??) continues his polemic crusade against Bush era policy with this attack on the privatisation of the War in Iraq by an administration with a deeply rooted network of links to the private corporations which profit.

The film starts with an emotive look at two Blackwater contractors killed by company cost-cutting exercises before moving on to look at the involvement of private interrogators in the prisoner abuse scandal at Abu Ghraib, the loss of military jobs to private contractor and the costplus arrangement which encourages these private contractors to overspend and overcharge for their services.

CorpWatch founder and ‚??Fahrenheit 9/11‚?? contributor Pratap Chatterjee heads up the usual battalion of experts which this time out includes journalist Charles Lewis, camp commandant Janis Karpinski and conscientious objector Aidan Delgado, but it is the disgruntled servicemen, former contractors and bereaved families which give this film its heart.

The reinvented television director takes his cue from ‚??Unconstitutional: The War on Our Civil Liberties‚?? by Nonny de la Pe√Īa, as he sidelines his array of talking heads in favour of some slightly editorialised personal stories which bring the entire production to life and allows it to look behind the headlines at those betrayed by the administration‚??s pro-corporate policies.

‚??Rethink this very, very carefully.‚??
June 15, 2010
Niby interesujń?cy, ale za duŇľo teorii spiskowych
½ May 14, 2010
Made me angry, but not shocked. Movie is proof of money being the ruit of all evil.
½ April 28, 2010
Support our troops because our government sure as hell isn't going to.