Irish Jam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Irish Jam Reviews

July 30, 2015
It's sucha different type of romantic comedy but I enjoyed it very much. Its not at all what you would expect it to be.
December 24, 2011
Off beat, mildly entertaining, culture clash romantic comedy
January 15, 2011
funny .. kinda ... worth the time ..
July 16, 2010
An incredibly stupid film which depicts Irish people as backward, racist and as they were two hundred years ago. Its no wonder they decided to film it in Cornwall in England using only English actors because of the reaction they would of got in Ireland or with Irish actors.
March 31, 2010
Banalna historyjka z dobrym zakoĊ?czeniem. Czarny koleĊ? w maĊ?ej irlandzkiej wiosce :)
December 15, 2008
Kind of boring, but funny in some parts. It ends well too.
½ October 29, 2008
Better than I expected at the outset. Eddie Griffin keeps it relatively toned down, so the movie is movie feels more like an ensemble piece than an Eddie Griffin vehicle. Not terribly funny, but I cracked the odd smile.
½ October 29, 2008
An lightweight scammer from LA South Central winds up in a beleaguered Irish town that held a contest, and neither the young, black American nor the townspeople can believe their fate. Yet each is willing to give the other a chance, and this spirit of cooperation is kept alive by a lively and lovely Irish lass, played by Anna Friel. The premise is a stretch, a huge stretch, and despite a good cast and great performances, the unfolding story leaves you wishing the writer had tried harder to make it work. There are funny moments, and some good cross-cultural gags, but it isn't ever going to add up. It isn't that you couldn't have a story with these hugely dissimilar cultures mashed up into a hit, it's just that it would take better writing than this treatment got. Eddie Griffin has some real talent, but Friel's performance really shines.
½ September 5, 2008
If opposites do attract, then "Irish Jam" makes that argument to a ridiculous degree. With Eddie Griffin as the star, this film appears to be something that would cause uproarious laughter but this actually turns out to be a fairly "heartwarming" tale. On the surface, this seems to be somewhat of a throwaway movie that was too far into the production phase but not worth releasing in theaters. In reality, "Irish Jam" makes something interesting and funny out of a seemingly impossible concept. It is somewhat of a redemption story coupled with a romantic comedy, all with an ending that even the most cynical movie viewer would be hard-pressed to not be swayed by. A fun movie with some of the most intriguing exteriors I've seen in a while.
August 31, 2008
Scenery was pretty. A fish out of water that got the town to love him. Very touching when the mute girl started talking and wanted him to stay.
August 22, 2008
Off beat, mildly entertaining, culture clash romantic comedy
August 4, 2008
Some highly entertaining characters, though a familiar and predictable plot..
July 30, 2008
This movie is crazy. The town of Ballywood? Black dude in Ireland? Monique is just scary.

Anyway, I love Irish accents, and Anna Friel, of Pushing Daisies Fame, is a beauty, only an idjiot could say otherwise ;P. And if she really sings in this film, she isn't a bad singer.

Eddie Griffin plays a Martin Lawrence like role. He's funny, raunchy, but kid friendly.

When there is nothing on...check it out for Anna Friel, or for a few laughs--especially if you are Irish, and hate England (shrugs).
July 26, 2008
This movie started out as one of those so-bad-you-groan type of movies, but it really opened up into a sweet, romantic movie once Griffin hit the Irish shores. This isn't an outstanding movie, but I found it a good way to spend the time. And the female lead as well as the daughter were very great to watch.
½ July 10, 2008
The end is super cheese except at the very end end. Sammy Davis impressions galore.
½ July 7, 2008
Surprisingly sweet. Not very funny, but it has some "aww" moments! Being Irish meself, it didn't boad well how they protrayed current-day Ireland; I took away half a star for it. It wasn't even filmed in Ireland, it was filmed in Scotland. The singing was amazing, however. Ana Friel has a nice voice.
June 15, 2008
I can't even begin to give a review for this film....'good' but 'very bad' sort of sums it up....
June 10, 2008
It's just not a good movie. I guess the writers thought that the premise would be hilarious, but you know, it really isn't.
½ May 30, 2008
The landscape was beautiful. The plot was different, but not believable. Eddie Griffin I have seen better
½ May 14, 2008
eddie griffin ruined what could have been a smooth sailing movie