Iron Cross - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Cross Reviews

July 24, 2010
Terrible directing, uninteresting cinematography, poor script. Absolute rubbish. You hold on because the story could be very interesting: escaped Jew finding the murderer of his family many years later on a chance visit to his son in Germany...but nothing comes of it.
July 18, 2010
IMDb says September 1st, 2010. I think it'll be good.
½ June 22, 2010
i wanted 2 like this i really did but it was very slow & poorly edited.
½ March 23, 2010
Unfortunately, Iron Cross was only in the theater for a week or so in LA, and I think that was just to put them up for Oscar contention. I'm a big fan of Roy Scheider's, and I had heard some of the buzz about his final performance.
It was absolutely worth sitting in that little West Hollywood theater to see this film. The movie is gripping, emotional, moving, and suspenseful.
Roy Scheider's acting is absolutely terrific. He plays what must have been an extremely difficult character, aging and plagued with these nightmares he has of the nazis responsible for the murder of his entire family. He plays the character with such subtlety and intensity.
And Zander Newton, who I think is the director's son, is impressive as the younger version of Scheider's character. He seems to resist the urge to chew the scenery during the love scenes with Sarah Bolger, or afterwards when he vows revenge. I read somewhere that people think he's the next Robert Pattinson, but I don't really see the resemblance.
The other person who really stood out to me was Scott Cohen as Roy Scheider's son. I hadn't seen him before, but he really stands out.
I wish I could give more details, but I saw it a couple months ago. It just really stuck out in my mind.
I will say that the editing was a little choppy at times, and some of the music seemed like it was from CSI or something. But otherwise, this was a super cool thriller. See it!
December 18, 2009
Interesting story, but slow moving at times, and it doesn't tie up all loose ends.