The Iron Giant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Iron Giant Reviews

½ April 27, 2016
Warm and beautiful family film.
½ April 22, 2016
It's a familiar theme, predictable, but still managed to captivate surprisingly in its climax. No wonder why this is hugely appreciated. In Attack Mode, the robot is totally bitchin' though. Wish there was more of that action.
April 21, 2016
was good but they could've made a better ending but then again its a kid movie so they had to make that ending i guess...
April 14, 2016
I use to watch this movie constantly when I was younger, but now it's still a big deal to me. Also wondering why the title character voiced by Vin Diesel came to Earth in the first place, what was his mission and who (or what) built him?
½ April 10, 2016
An animation film far from usual. A story with message that will capture your sympathy.
April 6, 2016
The Iron Giant is a very heart warming film, both for kids and adults, and thats special.
April 1, 2016
Definitely see this if you haven't.
March 31, 2016
Such an amazingly smart movie with heart, humor, and courage to match. There are not enough superlatives to express my love for this movie.
March 27, 2016
El gigante de hierro del '99. Muy buena película. Gran manera de cerrar un milenio!
March 15, 2016
Good voice acting, amazing animation, heartfelt, memorable, nostalgic and classic. The Iron Giant is a film you'll never forget.
March 1, 2016
This along with Jack Frost, Jurassic Park, and a couple other movies was my childhood. I just watched it recently and still love it as much as I did when I was a kid

A
February 26, 2016
Tunteisiiiiiiin :') en muistanukkaa kui ihana tää oli.
February 26, 2016
Finally watched this charmer this week. It made me smile, laugh, and cry just a little. Good stuff.
February 11, 2016
A fantastic film that hasn't aged at all. The iron giant is one of the best animated film of all time. The voice cast is perfect and the jokes still hit. This film has some of the most tearful scenes ever put to camera and it raises some thought provoking subjects and issues. This is a must watch for everyone.
February 4, 2016
Due to poor marketing efforts The Iron Giant is massively under-viewed and thus massively underrated. Though it's cell animation it reeks of Pixar quality from every pore due to Brad Bird direction no doubt.

I can see how it could be constructed as preachy by some but at its core we all can learn something from the relationship between a boy and his giant metal friend and its only as preachy as you are unable to project yourself onto it.

Brilliant writing brought out by fantastic direction the film's arc encompasses so much without smothering. Voice acting by Jennifer Anniston, Vin Diesel and fellow cast is executed to perfect fit. Its one of those animated features where you forget you're not watching actual human beings. Immersive. Sublime. Endearing. Sincere. Humbling. Inspirational.

The only potential downside for today's viewers is it can be a bit slow during developmental times for those used to the 2015 fast-cut short-attention span built films of today.

Something for everyone; kids and adults a like. Best acting done by Vin Diesel in his entire career, if you ask me. Five stars. See it.
February 2, 2016
Great movie!! Never saw this when it originally was released. Really great story, and a great movie for the family.
January 28, 2016
truly a masterpiece. this is as good as animated movie get.
January 26, 2016
This movie holds a special place in my heart. I loved it when I was a kid and I still do to this day. The characters, the animation, and the story are all executed well. Looking back on it, it had some more mature themes for an animated kids movie, but it made me feel more grown up when I was young. I'm glad that this movie has grown in its cult following and I hope it continues to do so in the years to come.
January 25, 2016
Another one of my favorite animated films, the only reason it's been second to Spirited Away in my eyes is the animation sometimes lags behind the story.