The Iron Giant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Iron Giant Reviews

May 10, 2017
I would rate this 10 out of 5 stars if I could. It is a absolutely amazing animated film. You fall in love with the amazing characters. I watch it and I tear up. Best animated film. This is one of my new all time favorites.
May 8, 2017
There's really nothing wrong with this film which made it's underperforming at the box office a mystery to me.
½ April 25, 2017
An animated film that hones in on the silver screen and child-like wonders reminiscent of the classics of Steven Spielberg, "The Iron Giant" didn't deserve to be such a box office disappointment.
April 23, 2017
Good animation, kid is stupid, giant cool. Good ending, sacrifices himself and reassembles
April 15, 2017
Vin Diesel's most critically acclaimed film of his career...is this cartoon where he's a robot who doesn't really talk much which no one saw in spite of critical acclaim. Love the way your marketing schemes worked back in the 90's,Warner Bros. The Iron Giant is actually pretty good. The animation is nice to look at and manages to focus on themes of fear of the unknown and "you are who you choose to be". It gets emotional near the climax but I'm not spoiling anything, just guess and wonder if you're right. The film helped establish Brad Bird's cinematic gifts and boasts memorable moments especially when the robot says "Superman". I can understand why people jokingly call it the most underrated Superman movie of all time. It's funny, it's dramatic and there's also some great attention to detail. It feels accurate for a 1950s setting seeing as how the main villain most of the time smokes a cigarette, there are some 50s type comics and the army is shown to be paranoid true to a world still living in the Cold War. Heck, even the posters look 1950s-ish. Good job, Brad Bird. No wonder The Incredibles and Ratatouille are so good. I'd definitely want to be friends with this harmless albeit menacing-looking at first glance giant robot from outer space.
April 14, 2017
One of the greatest kids movies of all time.
½ April 10, 2017
A very smart, funny, and emotional science fiction story reminiscent of The Day the Earth Stood Still.
March 20, 2017
Decent adaptation of the book. Vin Diesel was born to play the role!
March 11, 2017
A beautiful and timeless animated classic! It hits right at the heart, With charming and funny dialogue with animation that is a treat to the eyes. The voice actors give it their all and give the scenes a more relatable feel to a such simple story.
This was my childhood
March 10, 2017
One of the all time greatest animated movies. It's a must see.
March 10, 2017
The first time I watched this movie I was too young to understand the underlying message. It was great to recognize that this time. I got a laugh out of Hogarth's quirky character and it was heartwarming to witness the relationship that forms between him and the giant.
½ March 6, 2017
Really loved this sweet & charming movie, the script while straight forward for kids has wisdom for the adults too, the characters are charming and the smugness they bring only enriches the storytelling. The movie is a fun watch with great voice over and animation.
March 5, 2017
The best movie I have seen in my life. Amazing animation and lovely story. I love the giant so much and the way it ends is absolutely fabulous. Its much better this way and without a sequel even though it ended ambiguously. I love it so much!
½ January 30, 2017
Honest, touching, mature, and simply beautiful. The excellent and smooth animation is only second to the very heart that strongly binds characters with the audience. The relationship between the two central characters is unbreakable, and the light shines through any dark moment we encounter. An animated film not to be dismissed.
½ January 23, 2017
The iron giant is a great movie, there are so many great things about is like the animation, the story, and the characters, there all great, this movie was directed by Brad Bird, Who made up the incredible's and read it to you which are both great movies, and I'm giving this movie a 9/10
January 16, 2017
A great film by Brad Bird. This is a classic film that will be remembered for a long time. I think it is impossible for anyone to come out of this movie and not enjoy it. The animation feels old and looks great. You can now get this film on Blu Ray, do yourself a favor and watch it!
January 9, 2017
Loved it. Still holds its weight even in 2017. What a classic.
January 9, 2017
this is literally my favorite movie
January 8, 2017
This movie is truly awesome. The animation and story are absolutely great to look at, and it's one of the best animated movies ever made.