Not for Comic book fans

If you love The Mandarin as a villain or just believe the movies should repect the comics you are gonna hate this film. I think this is still a good film and I did enjoy it for the most part but the twist with the surprise villain or should I say the real Mandarin really hurt this film for me.... does anyone else who has seen it feel the same way? I'm not saying it's a bad film but it's not as good as i was hoping.... now i just hope that Man of Steel and Thor The dark world... don't also screw things up.
Samuel McFarland
05-2-2013 07:32 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Bobby  B.

Bobby Bermea

I'm with you a hundred percent and I find it an absolutely baffling choice that. In my opinion, they replaced him with a bad guy way less interesting.

May 3 - 08:06 AM

John Festle

John Festle

I read the comics since I was 8. I'm very mad about the choices they made. Its ok to change things, but you can't change iron man's main villain of 49 years into a joke. That's just pissing on the source material and saying screw you to the fans

May 3 - 03:23 AM

Brad Repka

Brad Repka

I am not a hater, and typically love a superhero movie for just that. I expected more, not just a Shane Black shout out fest. Sorry, just saw the film, and I really don't agree with you. I thought that it was a tony stark movie and not an ironman movie at all. The twists were flat to me, and the "evil" in the movie was too over the top. Although I do understand that these are comic book movies, I felt that the others were a bit more grounded. This film seemed rushed, and not very well composed, ok change that, I thought the script was horrible. The villains were not really developed, and Wtf mandarin?!?! Bad Form. I am a huge fan of Shane Black, but not this film. Saw every film back to back today, and 35 min into the film I couldn't wait for it to be over. Some may disagree, but I am hoping that Thor and Supes can save my superhero summer. Well, hopefully one of them can.

May 2 - 10:27 PM

kinghongkong

Lacuna Matata

I really never had an opinion on "The Mandarin" as I wasn't a huge comic reader. I liked what they did with him though because it was clever on a larger scale. As I've written a few times, it allowed them to avoid the problem of too many villains in a movie plus it was a good quick way to comment about our society and how easily manipulated they can be with a "bad guy" to go after.

Lastly, they didn't ruin the character as he didn't really exist, so he could always come back in a future film and it would be a realistic plot point (copycat villain uses previous villain to frighten the world). Just an idea.

May 2 - 09:02 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

ill know tomorrow but im not a comic book geek. I actually make fun of people when they change little things and they get all bent out of shape about it. However you still need to stay true to who and what the characters are otherwise why have them in the movie in the first place

May 2 - 06:24 PM

Samuel McFarland

Samuel McFarland

Let me know what you think.

May 2 - 08:25 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Will do. Im just praying its better than im2

May 2 - 09:44 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Just saw it. AWFUL. I cant believe they made ben kingsley do that