Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

½ November 16, 2016
I like the scene were the kid is telling tony stark about seven people who died in an explosion and how there are six shadows against a wall for those people who went to heaven because they died innocent and the seventh guy went to hell because he caused the explosion. the iron man is barely in the movie and the film relies on the tony stark character. it has cool action like a break-in sequence but the dialogue can't carry the film to safety like iron man 1 and 2

Owens grade:C+
½ November 13, 2016
Satisfying mix of (slightly) stripped down superheroics, punchy action and slick and intelligent storytelling. Even the main female characters are decently served for once. The most coherent and (perhaps consequentially) most effective of the three movies.
November 12, 2016
The third Iron Man movie was great. So glad it turned out well. Robert Downey jr's performance was great as always. Same goes with the rest of the actors. The fight scenes remained great. I like how it shows what Iron Man does when he does not have his suit on. There are some flaws though. We did not get a real mandarin. All we got was some actor who was paid to play as him. Also there was not enough of Iron Patriot. There was no action with him and he was hardly in the movie. The plot was ok. It wasn't bad but could've been better. If I was a critic I would give it an 82%. Good way to end the franchise.
November 12, 2016
So much of the Iron Man films rely on RDJ and his shiny suits. This more than the others. But with a smoke and mirrors villain and a twist. Whooda thunk it.
November 12, 2016
Suffering from many of Iron Man 2's flaws, but succeeding in other ways, Iron Man 3 is an entertaining entry into the Marvel Canon, this time, much more cohesively capturing the darker side of being a super hero, even if The Mandarin is...bad.
½ November 9, 2016
A lot of suites and problems flying around Tony Stark this time. Yes it is enjoyable albeit a little more depressing than the first 2 from this franchise.
½ November 9, 2016
In general the film is very good, incredible special effects, this film shows that Tony Stark is not iron, but the end left much to be desired, this thing of Aldrich Killian talk that is the Mandarin was not too cool, let alone the Tony take the reactor.
November 8, 2016
what it lacks in a great villain (GUY PEARCE SUCKS) it makes up for in super explosive cinema fun. Pepper steals the show (her finest IRON MAN appearance, sadly probably her last).
½ October 31, 2016
This flick is pure Metal! Iron Man 3 Rules! Now go push play on some Powerslave!
October 31, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: This is an odd mix of the amazing and the awkward, but mainly Iron Man 3 is full of the character stuff that makes Marvel films so great. Forget the rubbish of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is developed perfectly and we really feel like we know him here. This is largely thanks to Robert Downey Jr being stripped back to basics, but it's also thanks to Shane Black's distinct style, humour and charm.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: There are sadly a few things that you really can't ignore. I don't normally get hung up on plot if the thing flows; but hugely glaring holes and a baffling villain do sometimes make for one hell of a confusing narrative experience.
VERDICT: Iron Man 3 is arguably the best film in the Iron Man franchise. It's darker than the first, but still a whole lot of fun.
½ October 30, 2016
This is definitely a okay/good Shane Black movie, bit isn't a good Marvel/Iron Man movie at all.
October 30, 2016
I just loved it because I love science fiction and futuristic movies. The Iron man character is fun, he is funny and smart and arrogant , but so likeable. The first one was great, the second not quite so and this one is back on form.
October 25, 2016
As per expectation, the stunts are stunning, the suits are a spectacle and the story reaches audacious comic book proportions, but the driving force and key factor behind the Iron Man franchise success remains Robert Downey Jr. With his offbeat personality, self-deprecating humor, likeable presence, bang on comic timing and new found brawniness, Downey's approachable edginess sideswipes the fast-paced graphic heavy handedness to find purchase and once again smash Box Office Records.

Mentally suffering the effects of his encounter with aliens and otherworldly forces (yes, The Avengers) , our "only a human man with a suit" superhero Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is all consumed by his work, losing touch with the outside world, incapable of sleep and pushing away the affections of his now live-in girlfriend Pepper Pots (Gwyneth Paltrow).

When a new merciless Bin Laden inspired baddie, known from his menacing broadcasts as the Mandarin (a memorable for all the right reasons, Ben Kingsley) captures his undivided attention, the irritated Stark willingly offers his home address (aka engineering lab and fortress) as a public challenge. The invitation for a showdown is met leaving his personal and professional world in ruins.

Perceived dead, Stark must embark on a treacherous and harrowing quest for retribution to regain his life. Relying solely on his own devices, ingenuity and instinct, he must protect both the 'one he can't live without and the President of United States and stop the Mandarins reign of terror.

The key lies in uncovering the source behind a series of mysterious explosions that lack a detonation device, obviously connected somehow it highlights a new player in the endgame, or is it just an old discard of Stark's now demanding his attention.

In the end, as per all comics, there is always a moral to the story that secretly haunts the main character, and Iron Man is no different: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Balancing our dynamic superhero with some key one liners, is the perfectly manicured and impressively buffed Guy Pearce as DNA tampering Aldrich Killian, and proving the conduit for some emotional depth is talented youngster Ty Simpkins in the role of Harley (also giving Downey a run for his smart alec money).

Needless to say, if you have seen the trailers hinting at Stark's cliff-side mansion collapse, the massive oil-rig explosion, the mid-air human monkey-barrel style plane rescue and the obscene amount of superfluous Iron Man clones all doing their fighting whilst flying thing, the innovation and execution of the films booming visual effects is simply jaw-dropping spectacular.

The Verdict: In what can only be described as the best installment yet (and in saying that, hopefully the last to end on a well-deserved high note), Iron Man 3 delivers on every super-hero flick requirement. From imagination to excess, wit to star power, as far as entertainment goes this is the best option around; even if the plot and its quirky twist is as outlandish as Starks gizmos.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
-unique
-better than the 2nd
-3 1/2 stars
½ September 28, 2016
I'm not counting this one as an "Iron Man" movie. It's an embarrassment. That is NOT the Mandarin. Grrrr
½ September 26, 2016
For comic book fans it was a twist to far, but for movie goers it was a stroke of genius. Downey Jr & Kingsley sell it, but Pearce just seems like a Batman Forever riddler knock-off.
September 25, 2016
To be honest this movie is really good even though it's not accurate to the comics in the comic book fans they can just screw off this movie is really good and I hope they make it worth our time in film and face three or four of marbles upcoming movies and timeline
½ September 19, 2016
Although the Mandarin twist is horrible, this movie is still very enjoyable
½ September 18, 2016
the worst superhero movie so far. Yea it's that bad