Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

April 1, 2017
TREVOR! Oh man my favorite MCU movie ever!!!
April 1, 2017
buena pelicula aunque debieron manejar mejor al mandarin
½ March 20, 2017
Finds inventive new ways of destroying the comics its based from.
March 18, 2017
Definitely plugs in the holes that Iron Man 2 broke open, but there are still some to fill to equal the Iron Man 1 film success. My Score: 83%
March 7, 2017
I know, I'm a bit behind on my Marvel films, but to be honest, after Iron Man 2, I really wasn't looking forward to seeing another one. There's no doubt that Marvel films have gone from simple stories about superheroes to epic adventures with the best writers and actors in Hollywood, but the fact is Iron Man 2 was your typical disappointing sequel. In the third installment of the Iron Man adventure though, the franchise bounces back in a huge way, as we get a story that not only rivals the original, but in my opinion knocks it on it's ass! Iron Man 3 finally answers the question does the suit make the man or does the man make the suit, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces his toughest enemy yet, the one with the greatest reach, that no one sees coming. With his team and gear in ruins, Stark is left to lamb it in the middle of nowhere, and in a sense start over and find himself all over again. After playing Tony Stark for so long and appearing in just about every film Marvel has made in the last decade, Robert Downey Jr. knows everything there is to know about the character, and it has never been more apparently than it is here. Writers utilize cannon from various comics, graphic novels, previous movies, and really delve deeply into the character like never before. I also like the fact that it wasn't just another film with Stark in his lab full of toys. This time he's stranded in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by new people, having to start from scratch, it gave the whole thing a much more realistic feel to it, and finally there's the villain. While I loved every second of the Avengers, the truth is that the bad guys are aliens and aren't all that realistic. The Mandarin is a really bad guy and he's as real as the rest of us, needless to say I loved it. If you're not the huge fan I am and you only decide to see one of the Iron Man films, I'd choose this one. Rarely do I ever suggest seeing anything but the original, where it all started, but in this case, the effects are better, Downey's knowledge of the character is better, the writing is much better, and it's not the same old tagline you tend to get with introductory films.
½ March 6, 2017
In my opinion, this is the most underrated Marvel movie. I don't get the hate. The story is fascinating, the acting is superb, and the effects make it look real. The only negative was how they used the Mandarin. But even that is all cleared up by the one-shot "All Hail the King".
½ March 5, 2017
A snappy pacy first half is let down by a weak second half. Robert Downey Jr. seems to have a panic attack but somehow that isn't explored much. Another racy movie though but doesn't live up to expectations.
March 4, 2017
Not only does Iron Man 3 gives us that stupid twist in the middle, but like the second film, it doesn't bring anything new or solid towards the MCU.
March 2, 2017
Probably the worst of all the MCU movies. Visually very cool, but story wise, terrible. Has a wasted performance by an amazing actor, Ben Kingsley. Started out amazing and though maybe the MCU would have a villain other than Loki (and also Red Skull) who was worth a damn, but nope turns out to be a swerve, a really bad swerve. This is a movie that I've seen once and don't know if I'll ever see again, a huge disappointment.
½ February 26, 2017
The strange plot twist lowers this film from heights it could have achieved, but masterful acting and special effects that improve upon what marvel has already done make this film at least entertaining. However, what it does not improve on is Marvel's strangely forgettable villains.
February 20, 2017
This Iron Man movie is now my favorite
February 19, 2017
I just love Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. And this movie is another good edition to the franchise.
February 18, 2017
really so so excited for this
½ February 15, 2017
The kick-start to phase two of Marvel's Cinematic Universe is plain entertaining. Obviously, this movie has all the elements to describe it as a good film that gives you a nice moment, providing: laughter, action, intense visuals and many surprises. Iron Man 3 takes a step down on the flamboyant turn and goes toward in a darker route. What I loved about this Robert Downey Jr Iron Man character is his amazing narcissist character and persuasiveness, it was exactly those characteristics that made him unique. Well, that's pretty much it while waiting for The Avengers 2 ...
February 13, 2017
4/5 Stars. A good deal better than Iron Man 2. Probably the best of the 3 films. I liked the twists and Guy Pearce was a strong villain. Robert Downey Jr. and That Guy From Hotel Rwanda team up to beat bad guys, basically. I particularly liked how they did The Mandarin and the almost fourth-wall trolling. There were some typical Hollywood moments that were obviously going to go one way, but the movie was more satisfying than I was expecting. The treatment of PTSD as well was ok, but stereotypical and brief. Overall, a strong addition to the series.
February 9, 2017
With very good imagery and special effects, an interesting story and an excellent twist, terrific acting, strong characterization and so well utilized characters, Iron Man 3 has absolutely mediocre villains and some of its action was dull and overlong, but it is mostly very satisfying and quite underrated and is the most human and probably the most tonally serious Marvel movie yet and it is a worthy third entry in this trilogy.
½ February 5, 2017
I'm gonna give this Film Iron Man 3 The Same Thing as I Gave Iron Man 2 So Yeah But Still Good MOVIE GOOD JOB ROBERT DOWNEY JR! HAVE A COOKIE!
February 5, 2017
Hilarious and brilliant. I can't believe I was going to give this film a miss. I'm glad there wasn't another film that appealed to me tonight. 2nd time: Emma 10/10. Lucy 9/10.
February 2, 2017
Regardless of some plotholes, a highly entertaining movie that manages to add some depth to Tony's character and show superheroing taking a toll on him. After the disappointment of the second film, this one manages to up the stakes, surprise and have some really awesome moments.
January 27, 2017
A new director takes on the reign to the Iron Man franchise, Shane Black. Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2 but not on par with the first Iron Man. The film is a little darker and more serious than its predecessors but not by much. Entertaining adventure, some cool action sequences, with some surprises, let's get right to the surprises. 1 of the notable twist was Ben Kingsley's supposedly role of The Mandarin, wasn't really The Mandarin, he was just an actor with substance-abuse hired by the real villain to fake it. Ben Kingsley's talents were wasted. As a long time, comic book fan, I've gotta say, that was truly a disappointing twist in the movie, disgusted by it. And that's that.