Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

March 21, 2018
Better than the first two, but still lacks originality.
½ March 21, 2018
Comienza bien, pero tiene un bajón terrible para el segundo acto. Escenas ridículas, un villano desperdiciado y acción sin consecuencias convierten a la tercera entrega de la saga en la mayor decepción de los estudios hasta ese momento.
½ March 19, 2018
As if it wasn't mentioned a million times already, I'll still say it. The twist has not only got to be one of the worst, stupidest twists ever put in a film, but one of the biggest wasted potential in a superhero film. No, I'm not one of those comic book nerds hating on this movie. Just take a look at the guy during the first half of the movie. You would think that after seeing that fierceness of the Mandarin character which Ben Kingsley perfectly nailed and considering all other villains that Marvel half-assed, MCU finally portrayed a villain properly. But nope. Instead, we ended up with an actor pretending to be frightening and the actual villain who turns out to be another watered-down, nerdy turd. Plus, it didn't even feel like an Iron Man movie at all. It's pretty much Tony Stark going through some depression.

Still more enjoyable than Iron Man 2 though. But then again, that's almost like saying Superman 4 is better than Superman 3.
½ March 17, 2018
Said it once, I'll say it again: I love Tony's arc and this one plays a pivotal role in it. While the villain, Killian, proves to be a worthy adversary, the real struggle is how Tony is burdened by the weight of protecting the world and those closest to him. I love love love this one.
March 15, 2018
I'm not a comic book fan. I loved the twist. I like it when I see the man behind the super tools and powers. Reading all the online reviews, I guess it's unpopular opinion but I recently rewatched all MCU movies, and I actually love this over Civil War and Winter Soldier.
½ March 14, 2018
Iron Man 3 showcases the man behind the armour, and in the process gets us to care about Tony as a person and not just Iron Man. The irritating twist and weak villains do hold it back from greatness however.
March 13, 2018
Post-Battle-of-New-York PTSD Stark teams up with small-town kid scientist in an effort to bring down terrorists, but ultimately Pepper saves the day. I dig it!
March 11, 2018
Look I'm a fan of RDJ Iron Man and the MCU. The first movie was amazing and blew my mind when it came out. The second Iron Man was mediocre but somewhat watchable at least but Iron Man 3 is a gigantic mess. A poorly written storyline that contains the worst plot twist (Mandrian Reveal) I have ever seen in the movie. The characters are overall handled terribly to the point where the movie feels like a big joke. Speaking of jokes there are so many forced on bad jokes that get shoehorned into this movie to the point it is cringe-worthy. The final act was a big CGI catastrophe that was completely pointless and dumb (Don't even get me started on Peppers turning into the human torch like thing). Robert Downey Jr. is the only saving grace in this movie. He is really the only good aspect of this movie. But overall he is not enough to save this movie. If you buy this movie and are disappointed well don't say I didn't warn you.
March 11, 2018
Iron Man created his own villain again then FINALLY realises this fact and destroys all of his suits... or does he? I truly gave up on Iron Man after this movie.
½ February 22, 2018
Finally, some character development. While it is an improvement upon its previous installments, Iron Man 2 still doesn't live up to the standards set by others in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
½ February 20, 2018
More Tony Stark character Development, enjoyable, but to me it suffers from one too many plot turns that I don't necessarily agree with, but it is enjoyable.
February 19, 2018
An improvement on the mechanically so-so previous film, "Iron Man 3" comes close enough to matching the original.
½ February 18, 2018
The "Lethal Weapon" creator put in some in a balance of grounded and minimally soaring action, and humor, as a culminated humanistic approach for the Iron Man trilogy that tells another meaningful story for Stark's character arc trying to figure himself out within a sudden bigger universe. It seems to follow the usual format of a trilogy's supposedly last chapter, till it went downhill for a statement of a decent twist that squandered potential for an unidentified creative reason. Nonetheless, it's a fine direction with a bump in the qualities after a certain previous impact, improving over its predecessor by solo narration but slightly at the same level of the starter original. Meanwhile in another note, it's better than Marvel's previous threequels, "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Spider-Man 3." (A)

(Full review TBD)
½ February 15, 2018
It's hard to say whether this is a great movie or awful. The twist with The Mandarin is one of the most horribly written MCU moments of all time, yet Tony Stark's storyline still manages to progress amazingly. An enjoyable MCU movie nonetheless.
½ February 14, 2018
Filled with a strongly talented cast, an unexpected thrilling plot and some stunning action moments, 'Iron Man 3' is one of the most surprising comic book movies ever made - mostly thanks to Shane Black's personal tone. A must see.
February 12, 2018
Just about watchable a poor entry to the MCU
February 10, 2018
With a well surfaced plot, this film borrows from 'Iron Man 2' and improves on it. It adds depth to obvious characters and the action is satisfying. I understand the anger of long term comic fans with reveal of the 'Mandarin' being a fake but forgetting that, the film is a very strong comic movie. I'll give it a solid 82%.
February 7, 2018
The BEST Movie Of Iron Man!
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 2
Age/Originality: 1
Total: 7/25
February 3, 2018
Robert Downey Jr. may be the best fit ever for a comic book character. Nobody does it better, he is the perfect Tony Stark, and I just love these films. He could not do too many of them, as for as I am concerned. Must watch.