The Iron Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Iron Mask Reviews

June 5, 2014
Normally I like silent films, but this one was just boring.
½ August 26, 2012
Just not as exciting or innovative as Fairbanks' earlier swashbuckling feats
November 1, 2010
The Three Musketeer's last adventure together, and what an adventure! Don't miss it. This movie is fun, exciting, swash-buckling, and even humorous at times. I liked it.
October 14, 2010
Give me Errol Flynn any day ahead of this.
September 22, 2010
One of the last silent movies and one of the first productions featuring spoken narration and sound effects. Those things were a little weird for me... but anyway, the film works and entertains thanks to Douglas Fairbanks' energy and exciting acts; once again he did what he knew best. He really was the king of Silent Hollywood. The story is fast paced, not boring at all. The Iron Mask is far from being one of Fairbanks' greatest works, however is well-worth a watch.
July 10, 2010
The remake was quite good
September 18, 2009
Good silent with a wonderful accurate setting and action sequences, and an inspiring (non-silent) introduction.

February 12, 2009
Just couldn't get into it. I think I got a bad copy too: the B&W tones went from pink to blue and from orange to green repeatedly- very distracting. Okay, I finally finished the rest of it. I liked the ending. But I guess I'm just not that into silent films.
½ August 3, 2008
Excellent silent adventure film, with the always energetic Douglas Fairbanks. Fast paced, fun, well filmed.
½ May 1, 2008
This is one of my favorites. It's a Douglas Fairbanks film from the golden age of pirates, assassins, thieves, knights, cowardly rouges and lovable ruffians, and of course musketeers.

My favorite facet of this movie is the fact that, because of the mystery shrouding the facts of the real incident, this counts as a (tongue in cheek, of course) possible explanation; as good as any, and certainly more exciting.

You must see this movie.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
November 13, 2007
Easily the best action film of the silent period, especially backed by Carl Davis' score.
August 17, 2007
B&W, low-tech, but, wow, they don't make 'em like this any more.
July 7, 2007
Only seen this movie once, it was alright, it's black and white and is narrated by Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
July 4, 2007
Cool an older version of the new one. Love the story.
July 2, 2007
Saw the updated version, it was pretty good.
June 11, 2007
this is one of the greatest fairbanks swashbucklers and one of the greatest of all time
January 23, 2007
its a very nice story tht make all ppl watch it if u didnt watch it well watch it & after tht send me a comment
October 29, 2006
Have seen the one with Leanodo in it but would be good to see this one...great movie
½ July 26, 2006
The speakervoice by Douglas Fairbanks make it quite ridiculous.