Iron Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Sky Reviews

½ June 4, 2015
Both fantastically amusing and surprisingly good-looking, I only wish Iron Sky had such alluring factors in its script and direction, for then we surely would have had one Hell of an entertaining treat.
May 30, 2015
it was lot of fun to see and funny as hell
May 24, 2015
Iron Sky is a decent comedy, making fun of anything and everyone. It is deliberately made poorly, with obvious parody scenes and obvious remarks. There is not a hint of subtlety with this fantastical science fiction re-imagining of absurd what ifs. It is better than its counterparts such as Snakes on a Plane, but still not an enjoyable movie. It is lazy and too obviously cheap. Iron Sky is an idea executed off poor foundations.
½ May 15, 2015
This is a funny movie if you like "B" grade, ridiculous humor.
½ April 23, 2015
This has great tongue-in-cheek humor, a fun, cheesy plot, and some thrilling sci-fi action.
April 11, 2015
Wasn't awful but don't watch this movie. It was exactly what you'd think based on the description.
April 9, 2015
Biggest let down I've ever experienced in my years of movie watching. Remember coming across the original trailer with Kaiti Kink Ensemble's "Under the Iron Sky" giving a feeling of foreboding and mystery. Made me expect some sort of dark/noir-esque historical fiction movie where the Nazi's come back, but are now far more advanced than any of the world powers on Earth (much like their military tech during the WW2). What we got instead was some crap and extremely over the top comedy. So much promise, only to fail after taking the second step. Don't waste your time with this one.
½ March 15, 2015
Ridiculous? Yes
Over the top? Yes
B Movie? Yes
Entertaining as hell? Hell yeah!
½ March 9, 2015
Even zanier than it sounds, if you can believe that. It's smarter than it seems, too, and it has some genuinely good gags, even if they are a little outdated.
March 8, 2015
"ID4 meets Nazi invasion from the moon?"
Iron Sky rises to the top of my list of cult films!
½ February 19, 2015
good movie, some funny moments!
½ February 1, 2015
If Nazi's in space is your thing, then that's what the film offers, and only that. It's cheesy story and bland effects make it fun to watch, but you should be doing something productive or just watch another movie...
½ January 16, 2015
Cheesy and corny with over the top stereotyping, but it is never done in malice, focusing on the comedy and absurdness of the premise rather than the Nazi ideology. There isn't much driving the plot onwards beyond the core concept, but it is funny in a peculiar way, mostly due to the cheap special effects and charm of it being an amateur production. The moments of enjoyable silliness do come at the end, but it does feel like too little, too late.
January 11, 2015
Alkuperäinen vuonna 2014, Director`s Cut 11.01.2015
January 9, 2015
if u can swallow this crazy plot ur doin better than me
January 2, 2015
Not by any means 'so bad it's good', but actually smart, low budget fun which is surprisingly better than you expect from its genre, and a whole lot better than reviews say. It's absolutely full of plot holes of course, but the satire, effects, and references are all decidedly above average. Even the script is mostly good. The only real weak point is some of the acting being a bit flat or off, the downfall parody scene in particular falls considerably short - there probably just wasn't the money for enough takes. I can only guess that the hugely negative response to the film is solely down to it's lack of reverence for the USA, but that's extremely unfair - this isn't in any way tiring yank bashing for the sake of it, but being a central theme naturally makes them the brunt of numerous jokes. Oh well, their loss. I hope the cult scene ultimately makes this as successful as it deserves.
½ December 30, 2014
So bad, it was almost good... almost, but not quite.
December 29, 2014
Dans la famille ovni nazi degenere, je voudrais la belle soeur!
Je suppose que l'idee directrice prealable au projet devait se rapprocher de ce concept improbable^^ Et j'avoue que le pitch me faisait peur avant de voir le film.
Mais finalement, il ne s'en sort pas si mal : alors que le synopsis laissait deviner une serie Z des plus mauvais gout, Iron sky reussit a rester agreable a regarder en flirtant avec les cliches pour mieux s'en amuser. Ca ne fait pas mouche a chaque coup, mais le second degre est plutot bien maitrise.
Niveau visuel, c'est plutot probant (effet speciaux plutot reussi malgres un foto tout a fait quelconque). Les acteurs n'ont rien d'extraordinaires, mais font le taff et c'est bien tout ce qu'on leur demande pour ce genre de realisation.
Une vraie bonne surprise
December 18, 2014
Loved every minute. Great idea and light hearted execution makes this unmissable.
December 14, 2014
Just forget about logistics and science and common sense. Visually they actually put some money into this as the effects and final battle look decent. Christopher Kirby's acting and character are both terrible and made a bad movie even worse. The idea is fun overall, but there is too much stupidity to make it legit and its not bad enough to make it a guilty pleasure.