Is Genesis History? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Is Genesis History? Reviews

September 6, 2017
Creationist propaganda garbage.
July 9, 2017
The answers"no", just "NO".
July 4, 2017
This awesome film fills in many gaps that are in our true history.
Those who dismiss this offhand, have not read or care not to read the bible and have no faith in anything whatsoever, which is very disturbing.
When science and logic present itself to back up God's wisdom and creation, humans, who have been on this earth for the blink of an eye, turn on it like unruly children.
June 26, 2017
Very informative documentary based on facts and why these facts have been dismissed by some scientists.
½ June 21, 2017
Awful. Awful. Awful. This has to be the biggest miscarriage of a documentary that I've ever seen. Even if I *did* believe in a young Earth (I don't), the way the data is presented or even gathered is akin to "Because I said so." The host literally only interviews people who are just like him in belief, and there are assertions to a "great many people" or "most geologists" which clearly is false. Seriously, don't waste this amount of your life watching this.
June 16, 2017
Creationist propaganda.
June 13, 2017
Beautifully filmed, but logically flawed documentary.
This film presents only a narrow view of its subject, and provides only cherry-picked, one-sided evidence to support it. There were not even any opposing viewpoints from among other Christian scientists or Intelligent Design Creationists.
This film is the worst sort of documentary, purporting to be much more in-depth than it is, and presenting its conclusions as if they were factual, rather than hypothesis presented by researchers outside of mainstream science.
If you're a Young Earth Creationist, this movie will reinforce what you already think you know. If you're of any other mindset, this movie is nothing more than pretty locations and unanswered questions.
½ June 10, 2017
Wow! A must see if you believe in creationism or to renew your faith in God, As it did me.
June 8, 2017
If you turn over enough rocks, you're bound to find a creationist pretending to be a scientist.
½ June 4, 2017
Tries to be educational, made it 30 min before I had to turn it off. It's religious properganda where they use false science to try to push their beliefs. There's no counter opinions, it's one religious nut talking to another. They were making science/geologic claims that a 10 year old could tell you isn't true, like that the Grand Canyon was cut out in weeks because of the great flood, an all this did was disregard the carbon dating and didn't even bring up the dating of the fossils in each shelf.
Netflix and Amazon, companies that should take education more serious than this, should really rethink letting this continue to stream.
June 3, 2017
This is not a science documentary. It is taking the book of Genesis, and finding "evidence" that supports it.
April 11, 2017
A fascinating, compelling journey! Good for anyone who has asked where everything in the world came from.
½ February 25, 2017
I liked this movie. It was not at all in depth on any particular subject, but it did touch briefly on the main evidences for all of the major subjects that need to be addressed by the young earth side of the debate. Geology, the dating methods, the fossil record, genetics, the original language of the creation account, and the New Testament interpretation and application of the creation account are all discussed to some extent. I think it is a good comprehensive introduction to the subject.
It also has a positive, respectful tone that doesn't deride people who take other points of view.
It likely won't persuade the scoffers and skeptics, nor Christians like Greg Koukl or Hugh Ross who are vehemently apposed to the idea that the creation account in Genesis can be taken literally. But it would be a good starting point for those who are at least open to the idea, and for those who want to take Genesis literally.
February 25, 2017
What??? Really??? Are You kidding Me??? This is what We come to avoid Truth??? Blah Blah Blah, reminds me of BFG last summer alot of Blah Blah Blah. The problem isn't the Scientists believing in something else, the problem is Christians believing in something other than Christ. Sorry, gets the worst film made in this Century. One Star for Jesus, none for the Christians!
½ February 25, 2017
Anybody that claims you must see this if you are "open minded" or "true intellectual" is a fool! One doesn't need to jump off a bridge to prove the theory of gravity and giving merit to mythology to prove a religious bias is just as nonsensical.
February 25, 2017
Ivy League education for science deniers.
February 24, 2017
i love films whose titles can be answered simply with the word "no"
½ February 24, 2017
This is an excellent introduction or update to the debates and evidences between at least two competing world views/ theories and the onsite views make for good photography, but the camera settings make movement burry at times. It shifted the debate from Religion vs. Science to competing views of the same scientific data and which theory best fits it. It also addressed some of the various sub-areas and various discoveries and questions in the areas of paelentology, geology, cosmology, fossils, as well as the Hebrew text and the old earth vs. young earth. It has a documentary feel but is conversational for the dialogue. It covers a lot of ground and makes its case, but is just a beginning for more study and research in various areas. It is a GREAT counter balance for the "evolution only" schools and media and secular science that has been hijacked by political and atheistic dogma. I will buy the video when available.
February 24, 2017
This was probably the highest grossing in a commercial theater, pro creation movie to date. All the theaters in the Las Vegas Valley were either sold out or close to max capacity. Ours was S.R.O. There was a lot of information presented. The narrator traveled across the world interviewing various creation scientist "in the field". The sepia, transparent pencil like sketching animations over various outdoor film presentations made it much easier to understand the topic discussed. My 11 year old son and his classmate loved it, even though I thought the topics discussed might be over their heads. He pointed out various topics like finding "water" dinosaurs, in stone, in the middle of the continent (evidence for a global flood). My son also was very intrigued with the "flexible" bone marrow found in one dinosaur specimen. There are so many topics that could have been expanded on, but this was a great introduction to the topic of Creation verses Evolution. This was a very soft approach, to what some see as a very controversial topic. I don't think it will convince a "dyed in the wool" atheist-evolutionist, but for someone who understands the Bible and are on the fence about the understanding of the creation & evolution, I think this is a great door opener to look at the topic. To see there is real evidence, with the same evidence used by the counter thought. The movie left me wanting more! But it also let me know where I might dive deeper into the study of the topic. It also briefly discussed the societal ramification the the evolutionary mindset might have (and has had) on society. This is a great movie to get a discussion going about the topic. As for someone who is dogmatic against even wrestling with the thought of a real personal Creator of the Universe, this idea, and anyone addressing the topic would come across as detestable. When you take this topic to the bare bones of the subject it is either Man is evolving to become a god, OR there is a God and Man (you) are not Him. This is will be reliant in other posts that will be full of hate, as this topic is challenging their very being. For someone just learning about this topic, I challenge you to dig deeper, as this movie is just the beginning of your life long search for the truth. By the way, you don't have much time, as your tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Food for thought : )
February 24, 2017
As a Christian, one of the hardest things to reconcile is the Genesis paradigm vs. the conventional Evolution paradigm. Is the book of Genesis written as a historical narrative? Is it literal with how God created the world in six days? What about the flood? There's so much science in our world that is against the Genesis paradigm, that you feel like there is a tug of war. This movie, Is Genesis History, shows the science that supports the Genesis paradigm. I didn't like having to sit through about 30 minutes of commercials promoting the author and his company's promotion of material related to the movie, but I did like the preview setup of telling us who the experts we were going to see were, and what they were all about. The filmmaker asks questions pertaining to both sides and both theories on the history of our planet, but make no mistake all of the science here is in support of the Genesis paradigm. I think the film would have been more effective had there been some interviews done with those in support of the Evolution theory so the audience would get to make up it's mind with a more balanced take. Make no mistake, I believe in the Genesis paradigm, and always have. I personally have had tons of questions over the years, and this movie helped clarify things for me in a big way. However, for a non-believer, the film comes off very one sided which I'm not sure will do much to sway someone who believes in evolution, despite the evidence presented.