Island of Terror (Night of the Silicates) (The Creepers) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Island of Terror (Night of the Silicates) (The Creepers) Reviews

½ May 26, 2016
A very standard monster movie and plot work through, but it's steady enough and you get to see it in all it's glory well before the end.
½ May 18, 2015
This, at least to me, is one of the more fascinating B movie disasters out there. Island of Terror (aka Night of the Silicates, aka The Creepers) is about a scientist who accidentally creates a set of creatures whose sole purpose is to absorb human bones, leaving many folks and animals in a small island village a bit squishy. Even the presence of Peter Cushing can't save this one. The monsters themselves are pretty humorous looking, but I find the movie fascinating because of how mechanical the script is. The characters carry out their assignments in a very mechanical way on a step by step basis. It's difficult to explain, but I think if you've seen the movie, you might understand what I mean. That doesn't help it much either. It's a stinker, but it's at least worth a watch.
October 2, 2013
Surprisingly enjoyable. Love Peter Cushing.
July 6, 2012
EDWARD JUDD AND PETER CUSHING ARE FANTASTIC IN THIS SCI FI HORROR FEST, CLASSIC HORROR, SHAME ABOUT THE POOR COWS THOUGH
March 25, 2012
Fantabulous :-D everything a low budget monster movie should be. And it has Peter Cushing :)
½ January 8, 2012
Quite ridiculous idea but if you take it lightly this movie it quite fun!
January 1, 2012
Not seen since I was a little kid but it scared me to death back then and have always remembered it
February 4, 2010
This movie scared me when I was little!
December 9, 2009
Es de esas pelis de monstruos que se vuelven graciosas con el paso del tiempo, si el guion hubiera sido menos acartonado, seguiria siendo buena hasta ahora.
October 22, 2009
I was just a kid when I first seen this movie. It scared me half to death. The sound these creatures make grate on your nerves and gave me the heeby jeebies the whole trip thru the movie.
½ August 9, 2009
Saw this at the drive-in on it's first release, and still a fun flick to watch. Rubber bodies, rubber silicates and Peter Cushing make for a few unintentional smiles, some good creepy moments and good late nite fun...
March 10, 2009
Under the radar, but quite good for what it is. Island of Terror is an enjoyable sci-fi horror B movie romp with bone-eating monster slug things. I first saw it on the Sci-fi Channel (back when it was good) and really liked it. Peter Cushing is the actor of note, providing an excellent performance. Also, the mansion/lab set design gives the movie a wonderful atmosphere. Good stuff.
February 18, 2009
Fun Saturday Afternoon romp with Peter Cushing and Edward Judd battling outer space creatures in the English Countryside. Classic Thriller!
December 21, 2008
Cheesy & hilarious!! I loved every minute of it. The special effects are laughable, as are the Silicates themselves. It just adds to the charm of the film. A must see B-movie!
½ December 12, 2008
As usual Peter Cushing gets the better of a low budget and brings some dignity to a low budget sci-fi horror directed by Terence Fisher on a brief hiatus away from Hammer. Great fun.
alanjayh
½ November 28, 2008
Half baked effort by Cushing and Judd lead to disappointing results..weak story about turtle-shell creatures with elephant noses that move about sucking the bones out of island residents. This movie lacks any suspense and chills...and has a predicatable ending...a disappointment!
September 20, 2008
Another late night TV treasure that creeped me out as a kid.
½ August 16, 2008
Very entertaining British sci-fi film manages to build some genuine suspense despite its cheesy special effects. A great cast of colorful character actors led by Peter Cushing brings some of that cheeky British humor to a somewhat familiar set-up. The creature effects are laughable, but somehow that doesn't hurt the intelligent and well-plotted story. It does drag in some places, but director Terence Fisher knows how to build tension before the exciting finale.
June 12, 2008
I love these old Sci-Fi movies there are none that can compare!
½ April 12, 2008
Fun concept that borrows a page from The Day of the Triffids, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired. The main culprit is the writing, which is often atrocious enough to turn potentially thrilling scenes into unintentionally funny ones. Still, not a complete waste of time.