It Came from Outer Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It Came from Outer Space Reviews

½ January 4, 2013
originally presented in 3D this b movie fare.
September 29, 2012
not as much fun as "Them" but theres still a good time waiting for you
½ September 26, 2012
I'm sure this was great 60 years ago. Now it is mostly silly.
½ September 26, 2012
I'm sure 60 years ago this was great. Now it is mostly silly.
September 23, 2012
With sci-fi movies of the 50s it is unusual to find a really good one and It Came from Outer Space is just another movie in a heap of mediocre drive-in fair. The acting is corny (as is expected), the effects are cheesy (as is expected) and the only thing that separated It Came from Outer Space from the hundreds of movies of this genre is the plot of "we come in peace" being the truth.
August 12, 2012
Effective Chiller About Psuedo-Friendly Aliens--Atmospheric and creepy!!
May 16, 2012
Tipicni 50s SF, ne preglup, ne predug i osrednje zanimljiv. Jako kratkog trajanja i dobrih efekata.
½ May 8, 2012
A classic of the genre and a family favorite of lazy Sunday afternoons back in the 80's. The Movie ticks most of the boxes right down to a shabby man-in-a-huge-suit alien and dominated victims behaving like literate zombies. Where they dis spend cash on effects and sets they are fun and the threat is actually slightly more serious than most 50's sci-fi. A good time and fond memories.
½ April 28, 2012
The Ultimate 1950's Sci-Fi.This is the sort of film that has been parodied by cartoons for years. It has everything, Cheesy Aliens, American Desert, Government Involvement, and Cheesy Dialogue. Brilliant.
April 18, 2012
Classical science fiction.
March 3, 2012
Pretty entertaining especially the way they emphasized on the human psyche when confronted with the unknown
October 8, 2011
IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953)
bbcfloridabound
September 29, 2011
Now this is a pretty good Chiller Theater / Drive In Movie, one that has gotten by me all these years. Put out by Universal Pictures International it ranks as high as any SCi Fi Film from the fifties that I have ever seen. Brian Kerwin plays Jack Putnam who see's what at first he thinks is a meteor but turns out to be a UFO that has landed on earth, when he goes to the crash site he thinks he sees invaders from another planet. So starts the story where no one believes him, but the invaders are taking over the appearances of towns folks. A good old black and white worth 4 stars.
½ June 16, 2011
I remember this movie freaking me out when I was a kid.
½ May 30, 2011
It came from outer space could have actually been called... They "accidentally" came to earth! Although it doesn't have quite the same ring to it, it certainly sums up the picture. Creatures from another planet use the identities of citizens to blend in to the city to get supplies to fix there spaceship. It was a decent picture, but I've seen better sci-fi movies from the period!
½ May 18, 2011
Science fiction in the 50's seemed to be a popular genre especially with the fear of communists in America at that time. They though sometimes B grade and stupid could be clever and well made like It came from Outerspace directed by b grade director Jack Arnold and a story by science fiction novelist Ray Bradbury is definitely one of the best to come out of that era yes I even put it up there with 50's sci-fi greats like Forbidden Planet, Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Day the Earth stood still. Yes this can get a little cheesy but its quite good for its time. Look out for a young Russell Johnson you may remember him as the professor from Gilligans Island. In a word science fiction at its finest with a B budget.
April 15, 2011
Got a 50's sci-fi box set for Chrimbo and this was the first of the films i hadn't seen from it. Watched the original trailer which is included and found that this was originally a 3D film and that explained some of the strange camera angles and shots of falling rocks. And here we are trying to pretend that 3D is the the latest technology!
The film was pretty much as you would expect for a 50's sci-fi, full of the paranoia of the age, fear of the unknown and ridicule of anybody who doesn't conform to the social norm of the time. It is well made, creates suspense in the early part while the mystery is being uncovered. And while the effects are somewhat cluncky the main focus is on the story and premise, making the effects work for the story and not the most important factor which is where most Sci-fi goes wrong.
The story, as i previously said, a cut above much of the fare, examining the different reactions to the strange, looking at two societies at different stages of development and the hopes and fears that they both have. It concludes that the human race was just not ready for meeting with aliens...the same could probably still be said which shows how far we have (not) travelled.
January 31, 2011
Made in 1953.A spaceship from another world crashes in the Arizona desert, and only an amateur stargazer and a schoolteacher suspect alien influence when the local townsfolk begin to act strange. I think for its time its quite a scary film and the use of Fog based special Effects are very eerie,Its best not to know what the Alien's intentions are,if you look it up you'll spoil it for yourself but like always its the human's fault for dabbling in things they don't understand,its well directed by Jack Arnold and based on a story by Ray Bradbury,do check it out i think its one of the best Alien Invasion movies of the 50's.
½ August 28, 2010
Surprisingly smart for a 50s monster flick, It Came from Outer Space is one of those rare movies that give aliens souls and peaceful motivations. Intriguing and thoughtful story, signed legendary sci-fi writer Ray Bradbury, with some interesting cimetography and glorious back projection.
½ August 18, 2010
This is required viewing for any film buff. One of the 1st times a theramine was used in conjunction with a full orchestra. 1st time a scientist was portrayed as a hero. 1st time a story is shown from the aliens point of view, and just like Alien 30 years later, was called a xenomorph in the script. The 3d was also used to define depth rather than throw things at the audience (a technique only just being realised now). So why 2 1/2 stars? Well, as good an author Ray Bradbury was, his characters didn't vary much, and scientist and miner alike all have moments of noir type romantic dialogue! These tend to slow the movie up somewhat and almost sent me off to sleep! It's a shame, because the components of this are revolutionary, but it's all done a bit tighter these days.