It Started As a Joke Reviews

• Jun 28, 2020

Bam arrête tes conneries

Bam arrête tes conneries

• Apr 14, 2020

I loved this documentary. I moved to park slope brooklyn, near union hall, in 08 and lived there for the next six years. i got to see many of the comics featured, including eugene. (shared drinks and tater tots with some of them). This documentary really does a great job of capturing the comedy scene at that time. I was also surprisingly touched by eugene mirman's family storyline. I don't want to spoil? anything, so i'll just say that i was very touched and moved. The only part of i didn't like about the documentary -- this is admittedly ironic -- is eugene's stand-up comedy bits. literally all of them. I never liked his comedy. shrug, it just is what it is. But that doesn't take away from this documentary, because even though his name is part of the title and the comedy festival, I feel like this is also celebration of the entire culture, comics and this aspect of brooklyn. also, this probably doesn't shine a light on the people behind the scenes that made much of this possible, namely julie. And finally, their first kiss was at the boat bar? haha seriously? that bar suuuuucks :-)

• Apr 12, 2020