It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World Reviews

March 4, 2018
Too long & repetitive, but a funny enough film. Mega-cast.
½ December 31, 2017
Both a tour de farce AND a tour de force.
So many exceptional over the top characters, so many off-color red herrings, so many useless but brilliantly shot moments. This might be the thrilling action flick Hitchcock would have made, if he delighted in making action flicks. As it is, Kramer did a fun-tastic job. From the initial kickoff (he coulda done a million of 'em!) to the final appearance of the Three Stooges... enjoy through to the ending.
November 26, 2017
That old bag in the movie is one of the most annoying and unpleasant people to be around. She's every husband's nightmare, a loud mouth mother-in-law.

The stunts done in this movie are something to really admire. You can tell that people definitely got hurt and that the people doing the stunts were almost crapping themselves. Like the stunt with the plane, flying all crazy-like. I'd be shitting myself.

That proper English gentlemen had me rolling. He was probably the funniest character of them all, using very proper very English terms.

In the end, it was all for nothing.

Overall, a very fun movie to watch, a riot of a movie.
July 26, 2017
One of my all time favorites. So funny
½ July 9, 2017
Yeah it is extremely long for a comedy, but its a cleverly laid out, is an epic comedy, and has a whole bunch of comedic great in this film. This is a great old comedy classic in my opinion
½ March 26, 2017
Too loud, too long and stuffed with far too many characters; but it has a nearly endless sense of effervescent energy and a ton of memorable moments.
½ March 21, 2017
The movie was comically there but way too long to maintain the laughs consistently. It was very good filming for the sixties I must say. Acting was going to be fantastic keeping the star cast in mind but the dialogue writing was left wanting with the humour reduced to slapstick physical rather than wit.
March 1, 2017
As I child I saw this movie dozens of times. I will always remember that it was released on VHS with two tapes, an honest intermission in-between. Love this show, forever a classic.
December 9, 2016
Favorite movie ever! Yeh - it came out 7 years BEFORE I was born - THAT is how good it is.
December 1, 2016
It's a wild and crazy ride, but I don't think it's aged very well.
November 28, 2016
The first mega comedy, bringing in every major comic of the time, and some from the past. It has plenty of wacky and memorable moments, packed with colorful characters of every kind. This premise has been done before, and since, but never has such a small basic idea been executed like this. It may be a bit slow by today's standards, however it does have a place for fans of comedy of all ages. It's easy to see why these comedians where and are such a huge influence on the writers of The Simpsons.
November 25, 2016
The story isn't existing but the cameos and mad-dash for cash are fun. See the Roadshow version of the film. Various elements of that cut are in variant conditions. Be a bit forgiving of the deteriorated film elements. What remains is pure gold. On Blu-ray.
½ November 5, 2016
Looks hilarious and a classic, gotta check this out.
October 5, 2016
This movie is Epic. A must see for those who liked old comedians and Classic TV. Someone gets into a crash who was wanted who stole this money worth 350,000 . The actors go after the cash in a race towards the Big W in Santa Rosita Ca where the money is buried. Which actor will get there and who will you root for. Sid Ceasar, Mickey Rooney, Phil Silvers, Jonathan Winters, Buddy Hacket, and Spencer Tracy. also Starring WIlliam Demarest
September 5, 2016
The "Citizen Kane" of comedies. I watch this at least once a year and I still laugh long and hard each and every time. Brilliantly directed, brilliantly cast and brilliant filmed, even though it clocks in at nearly 3 hours, it never slows down and there's never a lull. Brilliant, sheer, inspired lunacy.
½ September 1, 2016
Saw this on 01/9/16
Stanley Kramer makes a memorable yet silly comedy film that takes some time to become interesting. Its a nice change of mood for the director after Judgement at Nuremberg and Inherit the wind.
July 13, 2016
A remarkable comedy masterpiece with many of the greatest names in Hollywood of all time all packed into one coked up, mish-mash of an epic that never loses steam and never falls apart.

Stanley Kramer, a man not known for comedy, directed this film with a real, tangible commitment to making it the most zany and crazy comedy epic of all time. It has everyone from Sid Caeser to Mickey Rooney; Buster Keaton to Ethel Merman, and even briefly the Three Stooges.

This film couldn't possibly happen in a Hollywood landscape like the one that exists today. It's a reflection of a time when comedians came together in the name of comedy, for the sake of helping people forget all of their problems for a couple hours.
June 19, 2016
This ridiculously funny comedy with an all star cast is guaranteed to leave you in stitches.
May 28, 2016
a Movie with this amount of talent would never be made today. A true classic!