It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World Reviews

½ January 10, 2016
Outrageous fun! It should be considered a top all-time comedy classic if you ask me. This is one of the nuttiest things I've ever seen. My only gripe was that it was a little overlong. In any event it was a blast! (First and only viewing - 1/10/2016)
December 19, 2015
Even though it's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world is too long, it's an original, creative, hilarious, fun, action packed film that boasts the best ensemble cast ever and is hailed as one of the funniest comedy movies for good reason.
December 19, 2015
This movie is over 40 years old and still considered a classic comedy for good reason. One reason is the cast. The main characters are played by such classic comics as Sid Ceasar, Jonathan Winters, Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, Buddy Hacket, and Mickey Rooney. Even the minor characters become cameos with such people as Jerry Lewis, Jim Backus, Carl Reiner, Don Knotts, and the Three Stooges showing up, sometimes only for one shot. Everyone, no matter if they are have a starring role or a cameo make the most of their screen time for laughs.
December 15, 2015
We will never again see another great comedy like this again. All the mumbo, jumbo special effects and all these days, plus comics aren't funny unless they use a lot of foul talk. These people were genuine. They can never be replaced. MMMMW is a classic and will always be a classic.
December 4, 2015
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World, is a slapstick comedy, similar to The Three Stooges, The Looney Toones, or Tom and Jerry. The whole three and a half hours is frustrating to watch if you're looking for a suspenseful action film. However, if you're looking for a comedy, the three and a half hours is hilarious. One thing the filmmakers did in a particular scene that made me laugh really hard was when people were thrown through walls, they left a hole in the wall shaped exactly how they went through, similar to cartoons like Tom and Jerry.
November 9, 2015
I LOVE this movie. I laughed so hard that I was on the floor screaming "Stop the movie! Pause the movie!" I easily call this, my favorite movie of all time.
October 28, 2015
all star cast bring this chase movie 2 life. just discovered there is a part 2 got 2 check it out
½ August 9, 2015
One word describes this super-comedy, loaded. There are so many television, movie, comedy, and various other celebrities packed into one movie, maybe even too many. The movie starts with a dying man divulging the location of his valuable treasure with an obscure reference under the big W. Soon a slew of colorful characters embark upon a chaotic mad dash to find it first. It is a brilliant concept that works very well to incorporate numerous stars in one storyline and still make sense. It moves fast and is always changing, which is important for a long movie like this. At three hours and twelve minutes, it is an atypical epic comedy movie. That lengthy run time works against it though. Too much of a good thing is always a bad thing. It does go on a too long and there are too many cameos. None of these comedy masters has the time or space to rev into high gear. For those alive during the 60s, the novelty of countless familiar faces makes it enjoyable on its own, but audiences today most likely will not understand who the stars are or get the pop-culture references from the time. It is funny overall but it is oversaturated.
August 9, 2015
While this movie is overly long, I enjoyed the mess out of this movie.
½ July 25, 2015
This epic comedy is mad, and silly, but there are some very funny moments along the way. Featuring an all-star cast, the performances of Silver and Merman are particularly notable. It's under the Big W!
½ July 9, 2015
Man, this was just not good. Great cast, and I loved Spencer Tracy's performance, but otherwise I don't remember laughing in 2 hours, 41 minutes. And it was a comedy. Never a good sign!
½ June 29, 2015
It's a mad, hysterical, riotous, hilarious world! Never before had a comedy packed an entire generation of actors and comedians into one movie. "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" is a seemingly endless thrill ride of comedic enjoyment.
½ June 14, 2015
Honest, silly fun on an epic scale.
May 13, 2015
93% on my Tomatometer.
½ April 30, 2015
A not-so-subtle swan song for an ageing generation of studio era stars. Features excessive vehicular brutality. Strangely long, but pretty fun.
April 15, 2015
One of the great comedies of all time !
April 2, 2015
Quiero conocer el parque de Santa Rosita.
January 27, 2015
Funny, even in 2015.
January 20, 2015
Alocada comedia de los 60's , increibles efectos especiales para esos tiempos
January 19, 2015
This is a must see movie. It is part of American movie cinema history. There is more comedic talent in this classic film than in any other single film ever made. It is like a Dean Martin roast but with a great script that is infused with testosterone, estrogen, and a million laughs.But what makes this movie so, so, so, so special is that the sub plots are the movie and the main plot is just an incidental necessity.