It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Reviews

December 28, 2015
As much as I love the Muppets, this was kind of boring and didn't have as many funny moments as I would have hoped.
½ March 5, 2015
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I LOVE Muppets.
December 21, 2014
well this is a strange muppet movie, like one with with scooter cage dancing, what??? but it's cute and Joan punching Miss Piggy was hilarious
November 29, 2014
There were a couple of good lines...
April 3, 2014
funny hopeful I love it. It is so cute sad and heartwarming. this is a success
March 20, 2014
A great spoof on many classics while supplying a rather good muppet version of "It's a Womderful Life"
March 11, 2014
The Muppets with a different sort of edge. Some of the joy and music is lacking from this special, but the Muppets have returned and that's reason enough to celebrate.
January 11, 2014
It was ok but, not as good as some of their other movies as I didn't really enjoy this one or feel the Muppet Magic here
December 23, 2013
So disappointed in this sloppy muppet movie. Lazy production and humor .
½ December 22, 2013
Not the best muppet movie but it was ok. An evil business woman wants to close the muppets theatre and they work to save it.
December 22, 2013
very poor by usual Muppet standards. If you want a Muppet Christmas film, watch A Muppet's Christmas Carol
½ December 15, 2013
It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie is the Muppet take on the Christmas classic, It's A Wonderful Life. However, it's a halfhearted effort at best and is more of a spoof than an homage. All the comedy is sloppy, obvious, and overly cartoonish, with none of the craft that the Jim Henson Muppets had. David Arquette and Whoopi Goldberg give weak, bland performances that do nothing for the story. The only thing working for the film is Joan Cusack, whose cartoonishness is at least fun to watch. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie is little more than a second rate parody film, and slowly deteriorates into a series of loose comedy sketches. Still, it's the Muppets and one can't help but be drawn in by their charm.
½ December 2, 2013
gotta love your fave muppet characters! all at their muppet best! fozzy sweet and ditzy, piggy a diva, kermy is gonna lose the theater, animal drummingetc etc. its all muppet godness even more than ten years later!
November 17, 2013
It's silly and haphazard, but this Muppet Christmas flick is still endearing and fun.
November 11, 2013
The Muppets are back in this funny, heartwarming and great Christmas parody of the classic: "It's a Wonderful Life".
April 23, 2013
I enjoyed Whoopi Goldberg and as usual the Muppets are very cute but this film is a very depressing endeavor.
March 8, 2013
It was a good muppet film.
½ February 2, 2013
better than the other christmas muppet affair as it doesnt degenerate into blandness after the first 10-15 minutes of runtime. in this instance the U.S. presence of big names does add to it & is wholly more compelling than micheal caine uttering "humbug" rather languidly when thinking about where else he had to be on every day of shooting. very much enjoyed kermits rant when david arquette attempts to defrost him & all the actors at least seemed interested in being in it
January 15, 2013
The Muppets are funny and charming as always. I can see why they're fun for all ages.
December 30, 2012
The muppets' Christmas show is under threat as an evil woman wants to convert the theatre into a night club. Lots of funny moments and special guests including David Arquette and Whoopi Goldberg. I love Fozzie bear, his heart is in the right place.