It's Such a Beautiful Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's Such a Beautiful Day Reviews

June 17, 2017
One of the best movies ever made.
½ January 27, 2017
It's kind of a really nice day. I watched this and was immediately hit by a train. Do you remember her? Now, I am a fragment of Bill's deadpan confusion, it's kind of a really nice day, fighting the noisy seahorse with an ice cream bar.

I am so proud of you.
November 29, 2016
Funny, bizarre and heartbreaking, It's Such a Beautiful Day is a landmark in adult animation.
November 12, 2016
I'll admit that when I'd read that this film done by the Rejected Cartoons guy was getting insanely high marks, I was more than a bit skeptical. I'm now happily proved wrong. I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life, as well as one of the most unique. Don't even look up any plot info or details. Just watch it. You won't regret it.
½ November 12, 2016
People are giving this rave reviews because they think it is artistic. This is a film that tries too hard to be artistic and takes itself too seriously. It's not profound. It's just rambling and pointless. Waste of an hour.
October 3, 2016
This movie is genius! I wish I could write something as weirdly wonderful, hauntingly sad, and beautiful as this movie.
August 8, 2016
"And as the Sun continues to set, he finally comes to realize the dumb irony in how he had been waiting for this moment his entire life"

Ah shit

God damn movie placing water in my eyes...

It's Such a Beautiful Day is directed by the very talented Don Hertzfeldt, the genius behind Rejected, and this animation follows the story of Bill, a stick figure man with a lot of thoughts.

The good? This is amazing. Ok? I don't care how pretentious and how annoying you can accuse this film of being, for me this is amazing. It's curious blend of crude animation with flashes of real life, physical pictures add to the film in such a very unique way. The movie is very funny, I mean laugh out loud funny. There is a bizzarity in almost every scene that will either make you laugh, cry, depressed or simply acceptant of eternity. This is a film in which it is trying to make amends for human existence, and it does so beautifully. How can such a pessimistic movie adopt such an optimistic tone? After it has died of course...well maybe. The animation explores genetics, astrology, dreams, pain, psychosis, murder, torture, livelihood, memories, amnesia and a smattering of other features of what is is to have a conscious. So intellectually self-aware that it is difficult to not get emotional.

I don't really know what else to say. This film fucked me up, you can't really process a sensory experience like this. Sure, I think at times some of the segments span a little longer than needed, but that's a very small nitpick. and maybe the tones get a little clustered, they're just so sharply relevant to what is is to experience life and know the circumstances of mortality. It's Such a Beautiful day is one of the most endearing comments of pain and reality ever. And it made me shed ever so many tears. Watch. This. Now.

A+

95/100
June 26, 2016
Visually artistic, and an emotional center so powerful it reaches into your chest and pulls your heart out, it's stunning a film that's done so well is know by so little.
June 10, 2016
the most moving, resonant cinematic experience i've ever had. i think i'll need to see it a few more times, but for now this ranks as one of the greatest films i've seen in my short time here, if not simply the greatest.
½ May 26, 2016
I'm typically a big Don Hertzfeldt fan. His simple animated characters mixed with random gags and dark humor are usually pretty successful, and there's plenty of that here. However, the hour long run time and monotone voice-over make this animated film hard to get through.
May 20, 2016
Most definitely one of my favorite animated films of all time, (and maybe even one of my favorite MOVIES), It's Such a Beautiful Day is a refreshingly adult feature. Boasting thought-provoking themes, simple yet brilliant animation, and a great balance between comedy and drama, Don Hertzfeldt's animated beauty is nothing short of perfection.
May 12, 2016
This whole movie is on drugs, Don Hertzfeldt's an amazing person for capturing the strange sensation of loosing ones memory.
May 5, 2016
Don Hertzfeldt is a genius.
April 20, 2016
Very heavy, but very relevant
March 19, 2016
An unrelentingly charming blend between comedy and philosophy, Hertzfeldt has lovingly crafted this masterful film.
March 10, 2016
"It's Such a Beautiful Day" is such a work of art, this film has shaped me as a person and changed the way I view the world and myself. The simplistic nature creates room for our own interpretation and attachment to Bill. Through Bill's journey we can see ourselves at the steps of our own innermost fears and our search for comfort in a world that demands the uncomfortable and disaster. "It's Such a Beautiful Day" is as real and raw as it gets, it points out our own immortality and the meaningless ways of lives that we are living, forcing us to confront the fact that the only thing we really own is our memories, until we loose them.
March 9, 2016
I really have no words to describe how wonderful this film is. A beautiful examination of life and the end of it, Don Hertzfeldt's vision of a man slowly losing his mind is one of the most creative spectacles I've seen in recent years, raising important questions about daily existence and our place in the universe. While not as accessible as Don's newest work "World of Tomorrow", I still highly recommend this wonderful work of art
March 5, 2016
This is the type of animation you would expect from a clever, entitled upper middle-class 19 year old who is reflecting on the ironies and banalities of life as he looks down on the proles. It's really dull. If you're a precocious, smug adolescent, you might like it. Otherwise, don't waste your time.
March 3, 2016
This is a phenomenal trilogy of chapters. This is quite possibly the best movie I've ever seen. It's so well voiced and animated and it's really unique.
March 1, 2016
Perfectly done. Visually interesting along with mind blowing concepts that will slowly start to sink in even after watching the film. A true masterpiece as simplistic as stick figures, but so much more complex than that.