Critics Consensus: Jack and Jill Fetches Bad Reviews
Plus, Immortals looks great but suffers from thin plotting, and J. Edgarnever quite gets at the heart of the man.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Elite Squad: The Enemy Within, a drama about a battalion battling drug gangs and corruption in one of Rio's toughest neighborhoods, is at 100 percent.
- Werner Herzog's Into The Abyss, a documentary about a pair of murderers on death row for a triple homicide, is at 92 percent.
- The Conquest, a fictional account of French President Nicolas Sarkozy's rise to power, is at 92 percent.
- Lars von Trier's Melancholia, starring Kirsten Dunst as a psychologically damaged woman who's also dealing with the earth's potential annihilation, is Certified Fresh at 80 percent.
- London Boulevard, starring Keira Knightley and Colin Farrell in a thriller about an ex-con who gets a job at the mansion of a reclusive actress, is at 30 percent.
- The Greening Of Whitney Brown, starring Sammi Hanratty and Aidan Quinn in a family-friendly drama about a popular middle schooler whose family is forced to move to a rural farm, is at 14 percent.