Jack and Jill vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack and Jill vs. the World Reviews

February 18, 2010
So when I was at the library, I saw this movie on the new release rack and thought "Hey, FPJ movies are always good to kill some time with" and wow was I ever wrong.
Freddie Prince Jr stars as Jack, a New York City advertising exec. who's life is just like the ads he spins. While Taryn Manning as Jill is a free spirit who instantly connects with Jack.
And after the introductions of the characters is where the good part of the movie ends. It's your typical love story with rules added to it, and the number 1 rule is HONESTY. As usual the girl breaks it right off the back.
Now I can understand why Jack gets upset when he finds out the big "suprise" and why Jill lied to him, but only for a minute. Most people should comfort that person but Jack was pretty much an ass. And then you have your typical ending where he goes to apologize in a big way and they drive off into the nyc sunset.
The fact is, most of FPJ movies are fluff but this one was just horrible. And Taryn Manning is a horrible actress and should just stick to singing. Be wary of this film, for it will steal 89 mins of your life where you could be doing something else.
½ January 16, 2010
i was forced to watch this movie by NETFLIX. All movies from my queue list on netflix either Long wait or hasnt come out yet. Netlflix told me to add movies and just to get movies delivered i had click on this movie and it was available. I told myself how bad this can be, well when i got the movie and 10mins of watching the movie i wanted to strangled myself. I hold tight and managed to watch the movie to give it a chance. NETFLIX sucks cuz of this movie. If they carried more copies of the movies i want i wudnt have to watch this movie.
January 10, 2010
Not great. Less than run of the mill (romantic comedy?).

Freddie Prinze Jnr is what he is and the female lead (whose name I do not remember for good reason) is just not convincing or very likeable (adorable, what a joke!). The whole thing feels a bit cheap and throwing a serious illness into the mix (the complexities of which are barely touched on) just isn't enough to justify this rubbish.
½ December 30, 2009
meh, Freddie Prinze in a nutshell. Taryn Manning used to be GOODd, what happened? kinda cute, kinda not - very predicatble, yet i sat through it, thinking it would get better. i was wrong, because it didn't.
November 15, 2009
It was a cute movie. Not a favorite but wasn't bad either.
September 30, 2009
Cliched it is, but quite a decent Indie with some catchy lines.
½ August 28, 2009
El verdadero amor no siempre es facil... pero llega facil...
½ August 19, 2009
This was just not that great.
August 6, 2009
liked the basic story line, but the movie lacked pizzazz
½ July 30, 2009
One more adorable chick flick to add to my collection. This was one of the better ones in my opinion because of the neurotic behaviors of the female lead character. The cast consisted of some very strange characters and it was delightful. One thing made me very crazy - the very large and very obvious tattoo on Prinze Jr.'s arm kept switching arms!
July 28, 2009
I have no interest in any of these people!
July 12, 2009
Very average rom-com, which has less of com and more of Sweet November inspired rom
½ June 25, 2009
Have seen it and enjoyed it
½ June 12, 2009
Another 'Love her but she is dying' story.
½ May 27, 2009
The soundtrack for this film is nice. The storyline might not be the freshest but the cast did a great job. Simple and straightforward story.

A nice enjoyable film.
May 10, 2009
just my kind of chick flick! :)
April 30, 2009
Typical sappy crappy story and only 37% liked it leaving it with a 3 star rating? I may watch it eventually but not any time soon.
½ April 12, 2009
I really liked this movie--had never heard of it, but figured you couldn't go wrong with Freddie Prinze. Great romance and tear-jerker--worth renting.
April 5, 2009
parallels to 'sweet november' cannot be rejected: business man imprisoned in a world consisting of money meets a woman who lives for the moment and doesnt follow the rules of materialism. a clash of two perspectives. but this copy is too simple and has no new facettes. i'll keep it with the original.