Jack and the Beanstalk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack and the Beanstalk Reviews

December 8, 2015
Good movie for kids (who will fall in love with the young girl and/or boy), and, although a relatively small movie still very well done. Plus, as an adaptation of a fairy tale, there's no shortage of subliminal metaphors.

(I'm 65 and I enjoyed it.) A solid 4 stars.
April 1, 2014
Good Action + Adventure + Poor Folk Tale Movie.................................
Funny + Low Budget but good work
½ July 9, 2013
Very enjoyable, I loved the amount of talented actors in it.
April 25, 2013
Gilbert Gottfried really grinds my gears. Other than that its an okay kids movie.
½ October 25, 2012
This is definately a kids movie. Nothing an average mature audience would enjoy. Though there are people like me that still have a heart for this specific type of film.
July 18, 2012
Redudant, weird, and slightly disturbing but in a good way I guess... In my opinion the goose/man was my favorite character.
April 9, 2012
Ok for a family film
March 10, 2012
A recent updated adaptation of the much loved fairy tale. Just not a very good one.
March 2, 2012
jack crossed with labyrinth and Alice in wonderland and with bit of monty python and flux capacitor thrown in to keep the parents involved
½ February 2, 2012
more like a made-for-TV movie
January 20, 2012
I couldn't stop laughing! The adult humor in it kept me just as interested as the kids. Gilbert Gottfried was hilarious! I loved that Chevy Chase was in it as well!
½ January 11, 2012
Watched this with the kids, it was pretty weird. I think it scared them a bit.
½ December 15, 2011
The Half Star is Generous Gilbert Gottfried is Half Goose Really? I think they should have fired him from aflak before this movie so he wouldn't do the role.
December 9, 2011
Wasn't bad had a decent adventure in it with great actors but not one of my favorites. There was times it held my attention and times when I was wanting it to be over, but the kids would love it.
½ August 7, 2011
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. My children hated it, as did I. With names like Christopher Lloyd & James Earl Jones, I expected much much more.
July 13, 2011
This one's for the kids.
½ June 4, 2011
Ok, I'm not their primary demographic (e.g. I am over the age of six). Far too much of Gilbert Gottfried's character to make this watchable. If you do start out with it, watch for the references to the other films made by the characters.
April 8, 2011
This movie isn't a very clever movie but that's alright because it is a children's movie. There are quite a few good actors in this movie especially with the children, Chloe Moretz has proven herself to be a good little actress over the years so maybe this is her "cat in the Hat" movie. Colin Ford reminded me of a young Thomas Sangster.

All in all this is the ideal movie for young children. Anyone over the age of ten will most likely find it lame. I did find it slightly enjoyable to watch certain performances but don't go into this movie expecting a good movie.
March 29, 2011
My kids love this movie, they think its very funny. Cute family movie.
February 15, 2011
This was a cute movie and I find myself always liking the new versions of older fairytales and this one was a pretty good one.