Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer Reviews

½ July 29, 2012
I've got a plumber coming round on wednesday. I don't think I've got any fugly beasts in my flat so I won't be needing one with Jack Brooks' anger management issues. I was disappointed by this movie. It had the low budget, 80's rubber monster, straight to VHS feel I was expecting but although its (dead) heart was in the right place it didn't really deliver enough fun and excitement. Hey, it's not bad, I've seen hundreds worse. A three beer movie.
June 26, 2012
Awesome! Killer creature f/x and hysterically funny. Trevor Matthews is brilliant!
½ May 13, 2012
Does a fine job building up the main character but it takes too long to get to the Monster Slaying.
Ridiculously Fun To See These Campy Schlocky Monsters.
No CGI, Rubber Costumes, Exploding Heads, Robert Englund = Awesome!
May 13, 2012
it was fun, but obviously I was very very drunk.
April 18, 2012
Being a fan of Robert Englund and James Woods; "hell yeah I wanna see this"!
½ April 2, 2012
Forget about it. Waste of time!
½ March 14, 2012
Sick and funny, twisted and just plain wtf xD
½ January 1, 2012
The first 40 minutes of this were just terrible and the rest of it wasnt that good either. Apart from some great non-cgi creature effects it is a very forgettable low budget horror comedy.
December 11, 2011
Completely and utterly ridiculous, but entertaining all the same. Definitely not one I would recommend to watch. All in all however, it was fun, which is what I think it aimed to do, taking a more light hearted approach to the 'horror' genre.
December 11, 2011
½ November 27, 2011
Their heart was in the right place, but it didn't quite pan out.
½ November 23, 2011
I liked this movie a lot. It was fun. Think: Buffy meets Slither. 3 1/2 stars.
½ October 22, 2011
Decent low budget horror comedy that would have been perfect for Bruce Campbell had it been made 30 years ago.
½ August 25, 2011
It's a fun little movie that really gets great once it gets going.
August 16, 2011
cool monster effects
August 14, 2011
To its credit, Jack Brooks is a so-so monster movie that showcases some of the best movie monsters I've seen in a while. Therefore its worth a look on DVD.
½ July 17, 2011